Spring Break in Gaspesie

Mrs.Ice

Thanks for the entertaining reporting! Ex: I almost called the shop to inquire about those automatic wheels!

Yes indeed, it's always a pleasure to take in the views vicariously, especially with those subtle bonus inclusions!...

Screenshot_20230301_030309_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230301_030338_Chrome.jpg

20 hours ago, Florida Snowman said:

What amazing weather & pictures! You both are having a fantastic trip!

Give Lover a big hug for me…..

No singing tonight Don. 

Too funny. 
i might need to edit her posts. 
maybe some censorship 

Edited by iceman

Day 6 March 1st

Alright, today was the last day of my big Gaspésie tour. I knew it was my biggest day of all, I was prepared mentally. I slept ok, there were Don's friends singing along with him from  other rooms at Copper last night. 😂

Poor Jacques, he's having problems, the employees aren't showing up for work. The day we arrived, his friend and him were doing rooms because two cleaning ladies didn't show up and this morning the truck driver was our waitress while the waitress was cooking for us. He also had to close the restaurant to people yesterday (no lunch) and accept only his guests due to lack of help. Not easy nowadays. 

We left around 8:10, there must have been at least 35 sleds parked at hotel Copper last night. We headed on the local trail to La Cache through the Chic Choc, one of my favorite. However it was very grey today couldn't see the landscape very much.

It was groomed a good part of the way until we caught up to the groomer about 30 km before La Cache. But the rest of it wasn't too bad. The way I remembered that trail from January  last year was with more twists and much narrower than what I rode on today. It went pretty fast. 

By 10:10 we were putting gas at La Cache. We said hello to everyone and we were on our way. 

Then, I was leading most of the way today, again, getting more experience in the front, being the first one facing the sleds coming our way, watching out.

At some point, I see two sleds stopped on the side, the first guy waved to slow down, I'm thinking there is a moose or something. But no, I kept moving forward but really slow. There it was, a guy towing another sled with no one on it. Oh and he was totally on my side and the sled being towed in the middle. 

After La Cache, according to the tracks it seemed like we were the first ones heading that way. Fresh groomed trail just for me since I'm in the front.

However, I've been studying these tracks on the ground heading the other way, and let me tell you, I guess I'm lucky to cross path with these sleds where it happens, because sometimes one corner after I look on the ground and there it is, all over my side. It would have been a crash.  It's one thing to be on your side, but when the others aren't, there is nothing you can do. It's scary to think about it. 

We did cross path with few sleds today.  Oh and we saw another coyote. 

Then we rejoin trail 5, got lunch at the relais St-Adelme by 1pm, the girl needs a break you know. 😁 Only 30 km left to go to the hotel which was rough a little. 

By 3:00 we were loading the sleds in the trailer and John and Mark showed up behind us. Had a nice visit outside catching up and we met again for dinner. Great time catching up with them. 

Little anecdote, in Shawinigan,  Don and I cheer on for the junior hockey team Cataractes. Lover likes to wear their t-Shirt which he had on today. As he was getting snacks from the vending machine, the bus from Moncton's team pulled up, the coach walked in and told Don, hey wrong shirt! 😂😂 He came to get me, because I taught to one of the players years ago, the goalie. So I stood there to catch up to him. He loves his life in the Junior hockey league. I was happy to see him. 

Overall, I had an amazing time in Gaspesie as always! Couldn't ask for better weather and better trails than that! Plus I have the best trail guide!
See you next time Gaspésie!

37 minutes ago, neksledr said:

Great stories and pics Don and Caroline, you guys hit it just right! 

Thanks so much. Being a teacher she only gets one big trip per season. So this was awesome. So happy to see her enjoying the sport. 

18 minutes ago, iceman said:

Thanks so much. Being a teacher she only gets one big trip per season. So this was awesome. So happy to see her enjoying the sport. 

I hear you! My wife usually only gets one, maybe two trips a year,  she doesn't get comfortable until some miles build up every year!

1 hour ago, GT Rider said:

Thanks for the ride along. We enjoyed following along with your trip.

Mr Ice has always been one of our favorites to follow. Team Mr. and Mrs. have lots of great stories and photos.

It was very nice to meet with you. 

Thanks so much. Nice to see you both again. I love following your rides as well. Been missing you guys. Glad to see you back up here. Keep it rolling.

Edited by iceman

On 3/1/2023 at 9:32 PM, Mrs.Ice said:

I've been studying these tracks on the ground heading the other way, and let me tell you, I guess I'm lucky to cross path with these sleds where it happens, because sometimes one corner after I look on the ground and there it is, all over my side. It would have been a crash.  It's one thing to be on your side, but when the others aren't, there is nothing you can do. It's scary to think about it. 

Hats off to you for reading & riding! 

And hopefully those "others" can read your tracks, AND LEARN A THING OR TWO!

Thanks again for the report, it's oxygen for us armchair riders!