Roberval Club

iceman

Today’s update. 

“Hello, update this January 16, the trails remain closed for another few hours, volunteers are finishing the signage.

Most of the trails are surfaced, including the one from Lac Bouchette to Lac Edouard, which will be done tomorrow in daylight, so extreme caution!

Note that as long as the trails remain closed, the Club Passe Partout is not responsible for any accidents.”

In the past Groomer would go out with his drag loaded up with signs.   I am guessing some clubs don't put signs up till there is enough snow to groom.  Lots of fields the signs are stood up in snow, no snow on the ground 10 days ago.

Why do I not believe that there isn't this insurance issue involved with the clubs. I'm sure over the summer there was several meeting by club personnel on just how to protect the club and possibly the officers of the club. There has been a presedent set by a judge that is going to effect all clubs from now on. Maybe the clubs new rules if any  are just taking longer to set up than expected.  I think this is putting club officials in a very difficult place. I believe they are all just trying to get everything done properly. These are just my thoughts.  If you can get millions for driving off a trail just think what you could get for hitting a big snow bank in the middle of a snow storm. 

1 hour ago, Muskoka2 said:

Yes-I staked local trail near me by Nov.15!

Depends where the trail goes. You can sign/stake bush and rail trails early but you can't always do that with farm land. The corn crop on my field that the trail crosses didn't come off until November 13th and then the field had to be plowed after corn was finished.

21 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Depends where the trail goes. You can sign/stake bush and rail trails early but you can't always do that with farm land. The corn crop on my field that the trail crosses didn't come off until November 13th and then the field had to be plowed after corn was finished.

Field & bush-farmer was done by Nov. 15!