Back in the saddle again

Our maiden voyage is complete.  Like many of our QR.com friends we also hit the trails this weekend.  Great to feel the Quebec gold under the skis again.  We left Sainte Anne Saturday morning headed to Clova.  I don’t have too many pics to share because I spent in the night in Clova but my phone stayed at the Horseshoe…I retrieved it fully charged the next day at no extra cost.  😂  Merci to my two favorite ladies at the Horseshoe for that.

They are still hauling on the Wabash so that kinda put a damper on things for a few miles.  If you still think there was no visible impact of the forest fires this summer you are in for a rude awakening.

As per always we had a great time in Clova.  We ran into quite a few people we have met there before and it just cemented that common purpose feeling you can only get at those special places. 

Also ran into Jim Jameson outside the Horseshoe after the phone retrieval mission was complete.  Good to see him still at it.  I hope that will be me one day.  Retired and racking up miles in La Belle Province year round by sled or SxS. 

Here are the few pictures I have.   As you can see by the snot frozen to my jacket, there was a slight chill to the air.

75D41CC4-51C2-4729-861E-300587E18F4F.jpeg

Yes, I did mean the Fer a Cheval 

When we looked west on 83 it looked groomed, but I did not try it.  The thought crossed my mind when we got to Clova early, but the temps were dropping and my stomach was empty.

I should have asked if it was open to Faillon but I did not.  Bad reconnaissance mission on my part. 

12 hours ago, Pipeman said:

Did you hear anything on the 83 west from Clova? Thank you

I saw it was open to Lac Faillon and Seneterre somewhere cannot remember where i saw it