North Shore Lodging?

wng-2

I am tired of staying home.It seems like most areas are experiencing some good, and some bad areas. Here in Southern Maine, there are no storms in sight, and warm weather predicted for the end of the week.  Thinking about leaving from Northern Maine, and crossing the river at Matane, and try to play on the North side of the river for a while. It's been a long time since I have sledded up there. What's a preferred  hotel in Baie-Comeau? Just considering factors such as trail access, and on site, or walking distance restaurants. Probably try to move West from there and gain some elevation. Any info appreciated. Thanks.

32 minutes ago, smclelan said:

My choice for Baie Comeau is the Comfort Inn, there is a  Mikes right beside the hotel and gas across the street. 

I think that is Sept Isles you are describing. No?

In Baie Comeau the Hotel Le Manoir is way better place than the Travel Lodge.

We also stayed at the Comfort Inn in Sept- lies. There is a Quality Inn there also but you have to cross over busy 4 lane highway to get to it. Also hear some people stay at the Hotel Le Voyageur in Sept -iles

I too am looking at the snow cover and not really interested in mudding in and out of town locales...best cover is definitely up north and it looks like a great year to cross the mosey river and head north

when in Sept- tile I used the traffic light and road rather than trying to cross the 4 lanes with the curb in the middle for gas...and use a taxi for everything else...never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a ride to dinner or ski doo dealer...and the fee is extremely reasonable

We are also planning North Shore trip. Was able to get Le Manoir on way up but not on way back. Looks to be 2 other options. Le Grand Hotel or Travel Lodge. Le Grand looks really nice but probably a Shi* show getting to it. Travel lodge easy in and out but reviews didnt look too good. Any comments advice appreciated.

Have stayed at the travel lodgemany times, in fact have reservations there this winter.  It is very convenient,  right off the trail, close to gas plus there is a great restaurant right across the street.  It is dated, but clean.   Not positive but think there was a free Contenental breakfast.

I am happy to see others like the Hotel Manoir, I have that booked, then from there to Sept Illes, I want to come back and stay somewhere closer to the Godbout Ferry…any suggestions are appreciated. I know there must be places that don’t sponsor the map? Not sure my group would make the Ferry from Sept-Illes for the 11 am Ferry. Thanks for any assistance!

There was a hotel in Godbout years back but it closed up.  Might be a B&B in the winter, I belive there is in the summer.  Nothing else close to my knowledge. It is 2.5hrs from BC to Godbout, it is not a trail to make time on, lots of hills and corners. 

Baie Trinite’

2stars 

disclaimer we never stayed here

7 rooms for sure dated. 

i see dinner and breakfast being the problem

https://www.quebecgetaways.com/hotel-place-saint-laurent

Edited by iceman

On 2/7/2024 at 11:06 PM, iceman said:

Baie Trinite’

2stars 

disclaimer we never stayed here

7 rooms for sure dated. 

i see dinner and breakfast being the problem

https://www.quebecgetaways.com/hotel-place-saint-laurent

You can eat and drink on the ferry. You will have plenty of time once on board.