Trailer shopping

Willys1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your only looking for a 2place trailer the clamshell is the way to go. Light, can move it by hand, no brakes to deal with. Mine's 10 years old, grease and go. Replaced One set of wheel bearings to be safe. I have enough stuff to do, don't need trailer maintenance on that list also!

I am with you, for $3000 get a triton 12' clamshell and call it good. Light, no brakes to play with, and perfect for the job. Don't get me wrong, if you got the cash, a big trailer is nice, but you got a lot more weight, and a lot more maintenance, I love my Triton, and will stick with that for now. My friend has a big white elephant, four place, non aluminum, v nose with all the bells & whistles, it's sweet....but bring a Diesel to pull it with, or go home. If you don't have the big paw in front of the big elephant, you are going to have white knuckles the whole way to Sweet Baby St-Ray.

Oh By the way, I got my Collett Communicators in the mail yesterday, can't wait to hear what Shannon thinks of my driving all day. lol To be able to warn her the next time we see some honiaks coming the other way, or go over an obstacle, and lest we forget the deceiving corners on Lepine Rd. is priceless.

LET IT SNOW!!!!

post-385-0-50038500-1321061295_thumb.jpg

Thanks to all who have responded, we all have a funny or not so funny story to tell about trailering through the years, yes the 2 place clamshell is simpler to maintain, but I'd maintain a inline also, whether it was before or after the season, makes no difference to me personally, I liked Timbo"s idea with the hose bibs in the backing plates,seems like Dexter axles are used on about all the trailers I've researched so far, the search goes on!

I have one more thing to say (often females do lol)

I had a two place toy carrier. Worked great! I had a Chrysler Aspen pulling it...no problem. I thought I would go bigger so I could bring 3 sleds if need be. As well...its bigger, kind of my 'dream' trailer. So I bought it and the Aspen worked hard to pull it by the time I had all my "stuff' in it. So...I bought a F150. If I do the math, I likely could have bought a cottage for what I have tied up in all this extra stuff just to 'TOW' my junk around.

And now that I can carry more...guess what! I get to wait for people to get off work, pick people up that haven't got a trailer and I spend as much time waiting for riders as anything else. It was easier and cheaper before...but I do love it.

Lindasledgirl

Edited by lindasledgirl

Perfect trailer... I'm with Jim...

yup im with u guys iv had my triton elite v nose 12 years now with 0 repars i just wash it down very good after every trip and for summer ill get under it scrap off rust spots and under coat the steal parts paint the wheeles

post-330-0-18798300-1321146120_thumb.jpg

I am with you, for $3000 get a triton 12' clamshell and call it good. Light, no brakes to play with, and perfect for the job. Don't get me wrong, if you got the cash, a big trailer is nice, but you got a lot more weight, and a lot more maintenance, I love my Triton, and will stick with that for now. My friend has a big white elephant, four place, non aluminum, v nose with all the bells & whistles, it's sweet....but bring a Diesel to pull it with, or go home. If you don't have the big paw in front of the big elephant, you are going to have white knuckles the whole way to Sweet Baby St-Ray.

Oh By the way, I got my Collett Communicators in the mail yesterday, can't wait to hear what Shannon thinks of my driving all day. lol To be able to warn her the next time we see some honiaks coming the other way, or go over an obstacle, and lest we forget the deceiving corners on Lepine Rd. is priceless.

LET IT SNOW!!!!

post-385-0-50038500-1321061295_thumb.jpg

Hi George

Can you give me a link where I can find a 12 ft Triton for $3000? They are in the $4000 range here.

Thanks Andy

Some one must have one for sale cheap CAUSE THEY STOLE MY TRITON . HAVE HAD ALL KINDS OF TRAILERS AND HAVE TWO NOW BUT WHEN I GO ALONE I LOAD MY SLED IN PICKUP WITH A RAMP , NO LIGHTS NO TIRES TO WORRY ABOUT. AND WAY CHEAPER ON GAS

I hear ya Grumpy but I am afraid to load in my pick up, plus I am not sure I can get all my gear in the back seat! HA!

This holds 3 sleds easily, drive in and out, all aluminum and easy for me to park (in a big parking lot lol). I love it, was my dream trailer. But I had to upgrade my SUV to a truck and now I feel a little more tied down. Its not as easy as my old Toy Carrier.

Hi George

Can you give me a link where I can find a 12 ft Triton for $3000? They are in the $4000 range here.

Thanks Andy

That's most observant, amigo. The are in the $4000 range here; used, as well. If you find that link, please let me know.....it's time Pud had a trailer of his own.

timbo :good:

I like that jack what brand is it and where did you get it?

Hi Zeusand,

Jamestown distributors .com the jack is fulton F2

CRAZYSNOW

Sno-pro whitch is under the name thule now I believe. Great trailer.

Nice Bill inline trailers are the best in my book.

Sno-pro whitch is under the name thule now I believe. Great trailer.

Nice sled Bill!! I am just waiting for mine but I went with the white colour. Lets see some snow now!

This holds 3 sleds easily, drive in and out, all aluminum and easy for me to park (in a big parking lot lol). I love it, was my dream trailer. But I had to upgrade my SUV to a truck and now I feel a little more tied down. Its not as easy as my old Toy Carrier.

Nice set up Linda, i have a covered double Triton all aluminum, tows very nice, prior to the Triton i used a 5' x 10' Maxi-Roule single flat bed with deflector, still have it too, now i use it behind the atv around my cottage. Never needed a trailer much, mostly left from my back yard, can go basically anywhere in Quebec and Ontario from there.

I've always liked the in lines, they track well behind a pick up.

Nice sled Bill!! I am just waiting for mine but I went with the white colour. Lets see some snow now!

Just picked it up on Saturday. I thought mine was the last one shipped!! Hope youes shows soon. Some came in over a month ago. Picked up mine and my buds 800 Cat. We will be doing a shootout all winter :yahoo:

post-569-0-70742800-1321285807_thumb.jpg

post-569-0-58169000-1321285817_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bill

Well I told BRP to make sure they had everything perfected before they ship mine! I told them to practice on everyone elses first and send mine once they have everythng 100% lol

And that black looks so good!! I hope I like the white as much! To be honest...I liked the graphics on the Renegade or back country better. I am nervous to be honest. My mechanic wants to put a throttle block on my sled till I hit the 500km mark. I get too excited, have the adrenaline of a 20 year old, think I know everything and my nick name in my group is 'Crash'.

But I have been accident free since 2008 now, so I hope to get a new ball cap with something more positive on the back. LOL