SNOW DANCE

lindasledgirl

Just a little story to share with you Linda.

On the last year Le Parc des Hors Gorges was open to to snowmobilers i was on a trip with a friend looping Lac St.Jean and decided to show him this Parc that i had talked to him about for many years, because i knew it was going to be our last year to visit the Parc. This Parc is located just south west of the Saguenay river between Lac St.Jean and the St.Lawrence river. The Parc consists of a trail riding along side of a river with 1500 feet mountains on each side of you(magnificient)and the only way out is to follow the river which would lead you to the Charlevoix region(if you're coming from LSJ). Another magnificient area to visit on snowmobile.

Before entering the parc we would ride on a groomed forest road trail and just as we were to begin decending into the gorges there was this little club house in the middle of nowhere, the only access was by sled. Once we entering the parking area we noticed two SQ(Surite Quebec Police)snowmobiles parked there. As we walked into the establishment we quickly noticed the place was packed as it was around the lunch time and i would have to say almost everyone inside was drinking beer and the two officers...well they were there having their lunch(not drinking). We were both astonished and boggled as we were, we didn't dare to order a beer, had lunch and got out.

So...there must have been some kind've medium going around there and the cops, i'm sure they too must have a tolerance level of some kind, i say this 'cause the officers were two older gents and my guess is, if they were much younger the would have probably felt they had to prove themselves and stir up a ruckas of some kind. JG

We have stickers for snowmobilers that drink after they ride...its called 'Zero tolerance'. Some people can drink and drive and can probably do it well, especially if they are just touring around. For me, I ride too fast(as does my group) to have any kind of alcohol in my blood stream...plus I am not a good drinker, the neck of the bottle of beer goes to my legs, I am not kidding, won't even drink a whole beer! Ask Jean-Guy, he says he will throw me on the drag of the groomer to get me back if I am drunk lol.

And don't worry...I am certainly not here to 'judge' anyone else. My first group that I ever rode with drank everytime they stopped...which was often. They handled it well I think, but I moved on, too much stopping and just too much risk. I ride my own snow.

As for the location you describe...sounds perfect! Too bad it closed!! I hope there are lots of good rides when I get there!

Rubber side down!

Linda

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little story to share with you Linda.

On the last year Le Parc des Hors Gorges was open to to snowmobilers i was on a trip with a friend looping Lac St.Jean and decided to show him this Parc that i had talked to him about for many years, because i knew it was going to be our last year to visit the Parc. This Parc is located just south west of the Saguenay river between Lac St.Jean and the St.Lawrence river. The Parc consists of a trail riding along side of a river with 1500 feet mountains on each side of you(magnificient)and the only way out is to follow the river which would lead you to the Charlevoix region(if you're coming from LSJ). Another magnificient area to visit on snowmobile.

Before entering the parc we would ride on a groomed forest road trail and just as we were to begin decending into the gorges there was this little club house in the middle of nowhere, the only access was by sled. Once we entering the parking area we noticed two SQ(Surite Quebec Police)snowmobiles parked there. As we walked into the establishment we quickly noticed the place was packed as it was around the lunch time and i would have to say almost everyone inside was drinking beer and the two officers...well they were there having their lunch(not drinking). We were both astonished and boggled as we were, we didn't dare to order a beer, had lunch and got out.

So...there must have been some kind've medium going around there and the cops, i'm sure they too must have a tolerance level of some kind, i say this 'cause the officers were two older gents and my guess is, if they were much younger the would have probably felt they had to prove themselves and stir up a ruckas of some kind. JG

I've had a beer with lunch up there with police in the room, your allowed to drink, just in moderation. I enjoy a beer with my burger when on vacation!

here s 2 pics of our clubhouse !!!

jean-guy

Holy Smokes!! That isn't what we have...that would be the restaurants on the trail, but not the club house! Is your club house just for winter or is it a bar/restaurant on the off season too?

Holy Smokes!! That isn't what we have...that would be the restaurants on the trail, but not the club house! Is your club house just for winter or is it a bar/restaurant on the off season too?

it s open during the summer on thursday and friday night,maybe saturday.can t tell ,i spend my week ends at my camp.

i don t go to albertville during the summer ,unless im working in that area.

jean-guy

We have stickers for snowmobilers that drink after they ride...its called 'Zero tolerance'. Some people can drink and drive and can probably do it well, especially if they are just touring around. For me, I ride too fast(as does my group) to have any kind of alcohol in my blood stream...plus I am not a good drinker, the neck of the bottle of beer goes to my legs, I am not kidding, won't even drink a whole beer! Ask Jean-Guy, he says he will throw me on the drag of the groomer to get me back if I am drunk lol.

And don't worry...I am certainly not here to 'judge' anyone else. My first group that I ever rode with drank everytime they stopped...which was often. They handled it well I think, but I moved on, too much stopping and just too much risk. I ride my own snow.

As for the location you describe...sounds perfect! Too bad it closed!! I hope there are lots of good rides when I get there!

Rubber side down!

Linda

Zero Tolerance is recognized by all of the provincial and territorial snowmobile federations and associations right across Canada. Some inturpet this differently than others, Nova Scotia is the same as Ontario with no liquor for sale by any snowmobile club.

"No I say till the end of the day" This is the safest motto to sled by.

There Linda, that takes you off the hook. I will take my collar off now too.

Do you drive truck Linda?

OH no!! You think I am a truck driver? :blink:

I drive an F150 only when I tow my trailer (with sleds or atvs) and the rest of the time, I drive a very lady like SUV. And have my hair done, make up and manicured nails. I am all woman. Not a 'Tom Boy" type. In case I gave you that impression :unsure:

However, I have driven a tranport truck...21 speed, through the Prairies with a licenced driver teaching me. But I didn't back up lol

Zero Tolerance is recognized by all of the provincial and territorial snowmobile federations and associations right across Canada. Some inturpet this differently than others, Nova Scotia is the same as Ontario with no liquor for sale by any snowmobile club.

"No I say till the end of the day" This is the safest motto to sled by.

There Linda, that takes you off the hook. I will take my collar off now too.

I really appreciate your post!! :)

he's been ''surprised '' by the waitress and turned blind for a few seconds !!! :lol:

jean-guy

Now that is marketing!!

Ours is not so fancy, the house is around 150 years old, beer and spirits served only to members.

looks like a nice place tho !! anyway ,fancy or not, it s not the first thing at ,i look at the waitress first !!! :lol::lol::lol:

jean-guy :drinks:

Hi linda,

Finally we get to see them. Ha Ha lol funny stuff :lol: :lol: :clapping:

Snowflakes on the soul! They work! Sorry for the delay ;)

Ok guys...you aren't co-operating with me here! Let's get some snow boots on and get out side for a dance!! My new sled is here so we are good to go! Where the heck is Old man winter!! Bring on the cold temps! My new friend Groomer is going crazy with nothing to do!

THINK SNOW!!

Lindasledgirl

Ok guys...you aren't co-operating with me here! Let's get some snow boots on and get out side for a dance!! My new sled is here so we are good to go! Where the heck is Old man winter!! Bring on the cold temps! My new friend Groomer is going crazy with nothing to do!

THINK SNOW!!

Lindasledgirl

bring some wine ,i should be able to dance for a few seconds.....only !! ha !!ha!!

a bit colder here,rain stopped mid afternoon.

groomer !!! :drinks: