2013 Trail Conditions

Saguenay Bill

We stayed in today. I'm having mechanical issues this year among others. The truck is getting tired but that is another story.

Today Sandi's sled started fine. Mine didn't. It was -30C this morning. I replaced the battery and it started but it was in a warm garage. We'll see what happens tomorrow morning.

Trail conditions are pretty good north of the Saguenay River. This week we received maybe an inch in Jonquiere and a few inches on Mount Valin. Mount Valin is fine because the snow didn't melt up there like it did in Jonquiere. The few inches added a little fluff to what is there.

The Jonquiere and Chicoutimi area is thin. It is passable but icy. There is a little dirt here and there but not barren.

Mont Valin, Onatchiway, Scooby Raid are all very good. 83 down to Clermont was good earlier this week.

Hopefully if everything starts tomorrow, we'll have one more day and then back to CT.

Jack & Sandi

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a short ride today, 105 miles. No one to ride with today. Trail 383 is closed about 1/4 mile from Bouleouniere, ice completely covering trail on down hill slope. Went thru it anyway. Kind of scary. Saw these folks coming back with 1 dog on 1 sled, kids in tow behind and 2 dogs on other sled.

post-2-0-11729900-1360532192_thumb.jpg

Hi Bill,

We had intended to stay at the DS. Mother Nature had the last say. I wanted to thank you for helping us get the gloves last year. They were great in the -40 weather.

We look foward to seeing your posts and pictures. Thanks.

Jim

Hi Jim

I was at Scooby the day after you left. How you and Gemma had a good time. I was following your post.

Bill

Today Team GutZ (no hair and short hair) and I rode 180 miles. We went up to Milot, Truck Stop #1, and had lunch. Then rode over to Scooby so Mr GutZ could get his wife a nice present. When we left Milot it started snowing and stopped about 6PM. Trails were good.

Glad to here the Gutz boys made it out of CT. We hope they have good rides up there. Feed them well Bill and make sure they don't monkey around with the new sled or is it already too late? Ha Ha.

We are still planning on arriving at the Delta Sunday night, Feb 24th.

Jack & Sandi

Today Team GutZ 2 and I rode 180 miles. Left the Delta for Pipmuacan. 10 miles out Dave's check engine light came on. Shut it off waited a few minutes and it started right up. Did this twice more every 10 miles. Decided to take it to Villeneuve.s to have checked out. Before we got to dealer's it was doing it every 5 miles and then 3 miles. Ended up being a coil. Got out of dealer at 11:30. Went to Ski hill for lunch. After lunch up Bras Louis and over to Onatchiway and then back to Delta.

post-2-0-49978100-1360711550_thumb.jpg

Also this was on display at Villeneuve's

post-2-0-23390600-1360711785_thumb.jpg

Bill, sounds like things are shaping up nicely for you up there. I was supposed to leave with a crew to shawinigan last Friday but the blizzard had me snowed in until this afternoon. Now I have no travel companion from CT. If anyone is heading up and needs or has room for one more please let me know!!

Today Team GutZ2 and I rode down to L'Anse ST Jean. We had lunch at a place I had never been at before. Very nice and very reasonable. Met my friend Bernard and 2 of his buddies for lunch. Team GutZ were headed to the Fairmont and I was coming back to the Delta. Rode back with Bernard and hios buds. Total mileage was 160 miles. Nice day, nice trails and nice guys to spend the day riding with.

Bill.

Are you still riding the ACE? Do you like it?

How good is the mileage?

The riding hasn't been that great here in New Brunswick the last couple of weeks since the melt down, got a couple of small storms lately, things are looking up for the weekend.

Doesn't look like I will get up to your area again this year.

ttyl

Bill.

Are you still riding the ACE? Do you like it?

How good is the mileage?

The riding hasn't been that great here in New Brunswick the last couple of weeks since the melt down, got a couple of small storms lately, things are looking up for the weekend.

Doesn't look like I will get up to your area again this year.

ttyl

Hi dooboy

I love the ACE so much that I haven't ridden the 1200 1 mile. It is for sale. I have gotten any where from 19 to 26. 19 pushing 12 to 18" of snow and 26 on icy hard packed snow. Normally about 23 to 24 MPG US..

Bill

Today Team GutZ2 and I rode down to L'Anse ST Jean. We had lunch at a place I had never been at before. Very nice and very reasonable. Met my friend Bernard and 2 of his buddies for lunch. Team GutZ were headed to the Fairmont and I was coming back to the Delta. Rode back with Bernard and hios buds. Total mileage was 160 miles. Nice day, nice trails and nice guys to spend the day riding with.

That is a nice ride bill. I wont forget going there with you and Racersinc. Mabe next year.

Wish I was there now Jim!

Say Hi to Gemma. Good to hear the Gloves did the job!

Dean

Gemma says Hi.

We had a great time riding with you.

No GPS necessary when riding with bill and he knows all the nice spots.

I am sure you will be happy with your gloves as well.

Team GutZ2 and I rode 240 miles today. Went up to Pipmuacan for lunch and back. Trails were great.

Gas at Pipmuacan

post-2-0-59993800-1360975142_thumb.jpg

Sled at Pipmuacan

post-2-0-93302000-1360975235_thumb.jpg

Pipmuacan's groomer

post-2-0-88389600-1360975304_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-45957800-1360975363_thumb.jpg

The sled with the moose is a 2014 prototype ... my guess is its not a 1200 just 1200 stickers on it .