Ender 2013

iceman

We are West bound and down, loaded up and Sunday will be Trucking to Abitibi.

This trip came together this week and is happening because the key is being, as Playhard said you got to be "flexible like Gumby".

Iceman, Playhard, NHmoose and Snohorse are headed for 5 days in Abitibi. Were gonna miss Scorpionbowl and BillD for sure and wish they were able to join us.

After some much needed TLC for the Ladies we are ready to ride.

Gonna wing it and see where the trail takes us.

Plan to ride mon-fri and return on sat.

Weather looks great and I will report as we go.

Just was not ready to call it over yet.

Put me in coach I'm ready to play.

We are West bound and down, loaded up and Sunday will be Trucking to Abitibi.

This trip came together this week and is happening because the key is being, as Playhard said you got to be "flexible like Gumby".

Iceman, Playhard, NHmoose and Snohorse are headed for 5 days in Abitibi. Were gonna miss Scorpionbowl and BillD for sure and wish they were able to join us.

After some much needed TLC for the Ladies we are ready to ride.

Gonna wing it and see where the trail takes us.

Plan to ride mon-fri and return on sat.

Weather looks great and I will report as we go.

Just was not ready to call it over yet.

Put me in coach I'm ready to play.

Go ror it Don...looking forward to your reports.

SNOWMOBILING IS ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE

Careful guys

JG

Get em Bandit !

" West bound and down, 18 wheels a rollin (4 tracks a spinnin) we gonna do what they say can't be done We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there I'm west bound just watch ol' Bandit run " ......

JERRY REED - WEST BOUND AND DOWN LYRICS

Val d'Or to VIlle Marie 309 to 63 PERFECT all the way.

Lunching @ Le Bannik. Holy crap that Pan Bannik (cheesy-corn muffins w/maple cream) could be habit forming. Once again Lindasledgirl's spa recommendations ROCK.

Rouyn Noranda tonight.

Trail Day 1: rippin!! Trails from Valdor 309 63 to Ville Marie awesome!

In Ville Marie, just before gassing up, one of Icemans ice picks ended up through the front heat exchanger, luckily U-Haul within 400 feet!! Off to get a spare sled by the black trail, should arrive here later tonight ready to ride in the AM.

Snohorse and I made "great time" by white trail to Royn Noranda via 63 and 83. Only bumps were the last few miles getting into town here. No electricity, in sight, so we camped in until power was restored.

No fear, we had enough supplies to make LaBannik muffin pepperoni sliders ( good thing we planned ahead and got take out) via flashlight.

8:25 power restored, we have civilization once again. Snow on the way tomorrow to add some fluff to the already mint trails!

Lets hope the attrition rate slows to less than 1 sled per day or we'll run out of spares!

post-478-0-99376600-1363660644_thumb.jpg

Edited by NH-Moose

Val d'Or to VIlle Marie 309 to 63 PERFECT all the way.

Lunching @ Le Bannik. Holy crap that Pan Bannik (cheesy-corn muffins w/maple cream) could be habit forming. Once again Lindasledgirl's spa recommendations ROCK.

Rouyn Noranda tonight.

thanks!! lol...I love that place!

Down but not out. Thanks to Playhard for the company on the black trail tonight, and for the spare bullet so the ride for me can go on.

My sled is wounded but will recover. She is in stable condition and resting comfortably. Not her fault can not blame the sled for that issue today. That's snowmobiling.

Back reunited with the full team together and ready for whatever comes at us next.

Trails incredible. The clubs have in no way given up over here.

As far as this snow storm goes I am thinking less is more. More better for us. Just a little bit here and not a major dump will keep it rolling nicely.

Until next time.

Out.

Trail Day 1: rippin!! Trails from Valdor 309 63 to Ville Marie awesome!

In Ville Marie, just before gassing up, one of Icemans ice picks ended up through the front heat exchanger, luckily U-Haul within 400 feet!! Off to get a spare sled by the black trail, should arrive here later tonight ready to ride in the AM.

Snohorse and I made "great time" by white trail to Royn Noranda via 63 and 83. Only bumps were the last few miles getting into town here. No electricity, in sight, so we camped in until power was restored.

No fear, we had enough supplies to make LaBannik muffin pepperoni sliders ( good thing we planned ahead and got take out) via flashlight.

8:25 power restored, we have civilization once again. Snow on the way tomorrow to add some fluff to the already mint trails!

Lets hope the attrition rate slows to less than 1 sled per day or we'll run out of spares!

Nothing like lunch on the trail,

Always handy to have a spare sled in the trailer, you guys are in tune.

Already 12" down here in MTL and it's still snowing like a bugger

Ride'm like ya stole'm guys

Day 2: playing in the fresh. Awoke in Rouyn Noranda to 4-6 inches and still falling. Iceman Dropped off the U-Haul in the AM and we hit the trail by mid morning. Amazing 93 rip up to the La Sarre area. Low visibilty and lots of fresh powder made it hard to find the trail a few times, but thats part of the challenge and fun.

Bingo carded the orange trails south, west, east, and north of town looping up through Val Paradis where it was more like 8+ inches. Crazy how nice the trails are "out here", seems desolate like the middle of nowhere, even though you are near town.

Usual post-snow wind drifts, some bergs 2-3 feet deep, but they are soft the day they form ;<) so it was cushy, especially with Phil clearing the way on his long track E-tec. Crossed Lake Abitibi, was smooth and solid, lots of fishing huts still out.

Zero open water or mud or dirt all day. We were the first sleds on much of the days trails. Only passed a few groups today, perfect mid week riding.

Off to finish highlighting a few more local La Sarre oranges in the AM, then head to Matagami tomorrow night

post-478-0-95432000-1363748321_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-90320600-1363748342_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-79589500-1363748405_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-38963100-1363748442_thumb.jpg

Edited by NH-Moose

Day 3: Finished the La Sarre area bingo card and then off to Matagami, where we saw a crazy piece of centrifugal hubcap crazysnow.

At Resto Helene &Denis Restaurant lunch stop there was a taxidermy fish that surely evolved to survive really really cold water!

Saw a QuebecRider sticker on the warm up hut on the 396.

And a tracked Argo pulling out a stuck pickup truck, lady was having a ball driving it around too!

Light snow on and off all day. 1st sleds on power lines toward Matagami since snow, was flat and fast. Power line amazing as expected.

Another great day, probably the most fun you could have with a lot of clothes on any time of year.

Off to Amos tomorrow to play a bingo card around the orange trails there.

Saw 6 sleds all day.

One of the best days of the season.

Amazing conditions here.

Weeks of riding left here yet.

post-478-0-10919600-1363820680_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-50837700-1363821078_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-93437500-1363821118_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-43451800-1363821213_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-63781900-1363821447_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-90978900-1363821513_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-99703200-1363821648_thumb.jpg

Edited by NH-Moose

That hydo line trail up to the Matagami intersection section certainly is a boot. But on the way down towards LSQ after the relais hut it's all up'n down twisties.

Was there a few years back wanna be there now! Beem me there Scotty