When do trails in Lanaudiere officially open?

MXZ700RIDER

The trails in certain areas of Lanaudiere are usually open with limited capability around the 3rd week of December. I have gone every year around the 18th to the 21st in the Mont Tremblant Park area and the trails were good.

This was last year on the 19th I beleive.

post-402-0-72834000-1385639816_thumb.jpg

Then that evening we received almost 2' of snow and this is what it was like the next day.

post-402-0-36945000-1385639835_thumb.jpg

probably soon!!!

They had received near a foot of snow from this last snow drop in St-Zénon area yesterday and the doozers begin to work today, but they are not opened officially and I doubt they will be for the week end...

I should be able to give you a first ride report in the next days....

:drinks:

Alain

probably soon!!!

They had received near a foot of snow from this last snow drop in St-Zénon area yesterday and the doozers begin to work today, but they are not opened officially and I doubt they will be for the week end...

I should be able to give you a first ride report in the next days....

Welcome back for the season Alain !

Edited by dooright

I am sure what is there will make a great base. Just not sure there is enough yet especially after they pack it and it gets ridden on. Still a little early for me. (just my thoughts) there are alot of surprises under that snow that are not buried deep enough for me to have at it yet.

But go for it if you feel the need to scratch that itch.

Patience grasshopper. I been waiting too and a few more weeks or another month or so will be the time to really get ready.

Yes.... I was just Curious as to when trails will be groomed and actually rideable. We usually head up first week of February when it is almost always good. Last year however, it ended up raining a lot the week before we were to head up. Trails got closed because of wash outs ice ....etc..... I would love to have been up there last year after the 2 foot dump. Looks like you had to break a lot of trail FOZZY last year on 12/19! That is deep!

Finally, I was wrong this morning, the Lanaudière trails are already now officially opened!

http://snowmobilecountry.ca/en/conditions

Not sure it is a good thing to officially open so soon but they did it this way.

Iceman is right with his comment and it will be season's beginning conditions for sure, not for everybody but I will be there saturday morning...It will match my earliest season's beginning record of the 30 november 2008.

I will bring you back a couple pics...

Alain

No, any lakes in the whole area are ready to ride on right now. St-donat can open their trails with the trail around the lake, nothing done now but supposed to be soon.

I just got confirmation that NDM opened today the #33/#43 trails to link Notre-dame de la Merci village to Coin Lavigne in St-Côme.

The weather previews stay very cold for the next weeks...promising...

Alain

Edited by towing

I guess the bad thing about them opening this early is the probability that they will close them early as well when they run out of money.

Wherever there's a glass half full, there is another one that is half empty.

For True.

I'd rather have more time at the end with much more snow everywhere instead of just enough to open like now when nothing is really connected at least to go too far. Kind of useless really. You will have everyone in one area burning it down to nothing.

100%.

For True.
I'd rather have more time at the end with much more snow everywhere instead of just enough to open like now when nothing is really connected at least to go too far. Kind of useless really. You will have everyone in one area burning it down to nothing.

I don't questionned the fact to begin grooming now but the one to officially open at the same time... they were usually left a week or so of local traffic to pack down the base with few grooming cycles. Like Iceman wrote, the new trail base can be burn down if overloaded by high traffic... we will see...

But at least, we have the choice!! the choice to ride here now and later somewhere else if they stop grooming earlier...I love to have a choice! As for the rest of the season??? maybe we will loose a couple weekend in january because of a thaw and we will be very glad to had enjoyed it in november!! who know...

Anyway, it's over all my expectations to ride on groomed trail in november this season :yahoo:

Alain

Whatever works for you. That is each persons choice. Like I said, for me riding is about covering ground and when the trails are all connected and open between clubs is go time with the rivers and lakes safe to use. Glad to see the snow this early hopefully it will be like the 2007/2008 season and just keep on coming.

I hear you Alain have fun I know you will. Look forward to the pictures.

Yea, don't get me wrong. It's a great start and if it was in my back yard i'd probably be tempted for sure to be out there.

On a side note, we also have snow in northern Pennsylvania already. Season officially starts in 2 weeks and if we get another storm and keep the cold we'll be doing some early riding here.