Minus 47 F Mont Valin Today Jan1 2014

Andyman

WOW! Coldest where I've been in Quebec was -40f. Repos. None of the Yamaha 4-strokes would start. Turned over but no fire.

2-stroke Doo's next to us started right up!

That is COLD!

Rode on Valin a few years back at temps close to that with some significant wind.

Don't recall it being very fun.

Took a pic and my hand literally froze in 1 min.

Always wondered how long it would take to freeze solid if u stripped down to nothing..... Lol

Be careful!

Yea we went to Mt Valin today. It was a bit nippy but boy were the trails good. No soft spots. That trail dust just hangs in the air forever.

Yes the Doos do start in the cold. The 1200 first try and the 800 popped on the first try but it took a couple of hits on the button before it would keep running.

Not much traffic today! I wonder why?

Jack & Sandi

last year in Chibougamau none of our Yammy's wanted to start without help. I was the only one with the block heater and after only 15 min. of it being plugged in it started right up. The others needed much more help, but it was probably a good thing that we were delayed it was coooooold!

I draw the line at -40. I'm a fair weather rider lol. Supposedly 2 stroke oil quits pumping below that. Not taking a chance in those temps walking home. But all my SDI's and E-Tecs have alway's started right up in those temps. That is why I have been leery to switch to 4 stroke, due to the hard starting if at all in those temps. Glad to hear the 4 stroke Doos will fire up.