Le Domaine

mcstar

I bypassed that place 2 yrs ago. stayed there going to the first gathering ... beds were like rocks. we stayed across the street in the motel part. dave had the matress curt had the box spring and I had the plywood I,d keep going she s not going to like it !!!!!

Yes its not the bet place but its either there or stay in Manawaki or go all the way through to Val Dor. There is the odd outfitter in between but not much choice. They have a place just down the road that is better than the units across the road as well.

I bypassed that place 2 yrs ago. stayed there going to the first gathering ... beds were like rocks. we stayed across the street in the motel part. dave had the matress curt had the box spring and I had the plywood I,d keep going she s not going to like it !!!!!

Thank's Eddie, will definitely by pass it!

LOL...did you flip the coin to who got what?

What about Pavillion La Verendye? it's just off 63 at end of 386

Hey Mario,

I've stopped several times for gas at La Verendrye returning from Val d'Or. Seems like a nice place to stay but have never done so. It's about 7 miles south off TQ63 just east of 386/TQ63 intersection. Too short a day for me from Val d'Or to stop for the night.

Have fun!!

Tom

Edited by Florida Snowman

Hey Mario,

I've stopped several times for gas at La Verendrye returning from Val d'Or. Seems like a nice place to stay but have never done so. It's about 7 miles south off TQ63 just east of 386/TQ63 intersection. Too short a day for me from Val d'Or to stop for the night.

Have fun!!

Tom

Thanks Tom I knew it was a short day but trying to work something, maybe go more west from Val Dor to Bellterre but that may make last day too long.

I could "loop" Val Dor before heading down to Pavillion la Verendrye not to make it too short!

we will see if someone else has stayed there, looks like just cabins.

There are rooms inside the Pavillion la Verendrye. Went in to check it out for future stay last time there for gas. Nice Place family run.

Seems pretty OK. For sure. It is a long haul out the 63 to Bellterre. Nice when its good but can be iffy.

Ride some near Val d'Or then head down to Pavillion after lunch. Depending on how you move. The ride from Val d'Or to Pavillion with good trail is less then 4hrs. 386 is fast usually after the Indian Reserve.

2 of us had to stay @ that motel across the street because the "natives" barricaded rte 117 to Valdor for 2-3 days, 5-6 yrs ago. TINY room, tv didnt work + if I remember correctly, just a bare light bulb hanging from the ceiling. Cops wouldnt ride out as the natives where blocking the trail. Got up @ 4:30 am and headed out of there.

There are rooms inside the Pavillion la Verendrye. Went in to check it out for future stay last time there for gas. Nice Place family run.

Seems pretty OK. For sure. It is a long haul out the 63 to Bellterre. Nice when its good but can be iffy.

Ride some near Val d'Or then head down to Pavillion after lunch. Depending on how you move. The ride from Val d'Or to Pavillion with good trail is less then 4hrs. 386 is fast usually after the Indian Reserve.

Thanks Iceman, sound good. The next day is to Mont Laurier 160 miles, a little more with the bypass on 13!

Have stayed at Pavillion,it was really good.Nice family.Shared washroom &shower though,but very clean!! Nice lounge area upstairs with big flat screen.Food was excellent!! Price was the norm.

Hope this helps,later HM.

It looks like if you took the 309 from Val dor to 63 to the Pavillion would be a little over 200miles.. We went that way last year and remembering it being real nice. We stayed at the outfitter in Trout lake East of Belletere

Going that way I believe the last gas before TQ 63 is in Laforce on 309 and from there to the Pavillion is close to 130 miles.

Have stayed at Pavillion,it was really good.Nice family.Shared washroom &shower though,but very clean!! Nice lounge area upstairs with big flat screen.Food was excellent!! Price was the norm.

Hope this helps,later HM.

X2 !!

Going that way I believe the last gas before TQ 63 is in Laforce on 309 and from there to the Pavillion is close to 130 miles.

We fueled up at Le domaine and made it to the Truit lake outfitter, he has fuel, put in a couple gallons, just enough to get to Belletere which was 10 miles away where we fueled up, much cheaper. We took the local orange trail up to the 309.

We fueled up at Le domaine and made it to the Truit lake outfitter, he has fuel, put in a couple gallons, just enough to get to Belletere which was 10 miles away where we fueled up, much cheaper. We took the local orange trail up to the 309.

Yup, I forgot about the Outfitter Trout there.

How is this place to stay over night?

Looking to leave Val Dor down 386, I see Pavillion La Verendrye before, but that might be too short of a ride?

Any other suggestions?

That would indeed be a short day. 2 years ago we left Lac Faillon in the morning in bad conditions cold, snow drifts ect in the "burn zone". We took 83 to 386 to 63. Ended up staying at Le Classic. I do NOT reccomend staying there. But after 100+ miles continous of the most beat up trails I have ever ridden on in Quebec, all that mattered was a bed and food and there is gas there.

My point is I think from Val Dor to Pavillion you would be there by lunch at the latest.

Belleterre is more like 30 miles from lac Truite