Chibougamau where to stay

screaming sean

I think Nordic is the easiest to get to and probably the best choice. i have stayed at both Nordic and Hotel Chiboug. Hotel is OK but not as easy to access. I looked at the Gite site and read about it. They offer breakfast but not seeing anything about Dinner. Does look nice.

Nordic is clean and has a good restaurant right in it. Gas right next to it and the garage as mentioned by Jackstraw. Not sure if the wives will care to go to the entertainment across the street. Might want to leave that out of the details but that is up to you.

When I was at the Nordic the restaurant was closed.

That was the last week of January

Hotel was clean and the heated garage was a great plus. With the cold morning

People were very nice

We had food delivered there is a fast food place next door

Schooter

Some wives appreciate Ballet.

Lets take a vote to see just how many.

Ballet with Poles?

Ballet without?

Guys please have your wives answer honestly, as to not influence the results.

"When I was at the Nordic the restaurant was closed.

That was the last week of January"

Is it closed for good? Did you ask? Or was it temporary?

Edited by iceman

I asked The bartender at the Nordic but she did not know

Stayed at the Nordic a few days ago. Restaurant closed for an unspecified period. Place was dead big time but on a positive note the 93 from La dore was awesome. Esso in La dore burned so no gas there. You have to go to restaurant de chef for fuel.

Andy

This place is outstanding, it's a Gite/B&B but if you give them a call in advance and ask them to prepare a supper for you they will, we had 1" thick rib steaks grilled over the open fire fireplace you'll see in their photo album. Jean (the owner then) is a retired SQ officer and does off trail excursions to Baie James from his yard, you sleep in tents on the way up. Tell them I sent you, I was their first snowmobile customer back in '06.

http://ledomainedelaminedor.com/

This place is outstanding, it's a Gite/B&B but if you give them a call in advance and ask them to prepare a supper for you they will, we had 1" thick rib steaks grilled over the open fire fireplace you'll see in their photo album. Jean (the owner then) is a retired SQ officer and does off trail excursions to Baie James from his yard, you sleep in tents on the way up. Tell them I sent you, I was their first snowmobile customer back in '06.

http://ledomainedelaminedor.com/

TENTS? This time of year.

I should clarify. The actual building did not burn but rather one of the pump islands did and they have the area cordoned off and not selling gas. I expect they will rebuild in the near future. I heard it was a sled that started the fire!

Andy

I should clarify. The actual building did not burn but rather one of the pump islands did and they have the area cordoned off and not selling gas. I expect they will rebuild in the near future. I heard it was a sled that started the fire!

Andy

Oh, big difference.

I've stayed at Chiboug Hotel a few times. Rooms as I recall are nice as was restaurant and convenience of being in the middle of downtown.

However, on weekends it was very, very rowdy. Seems one local person would rent a room and have many friends over to party all night.

I even complained once and the hotel receptionist said it was just a given, nothing they could do.

Could hear the partying all night, beer cans in hallway etc

mike