Lodging near Mont Laurier

doonali

Would like to take a four day trip to the area and am looking for some input on a nice place for her and I to stay? Would prefer outfitter type lodging with good trail access to do day loops from.

Windigo is well east of Parent and just west of Relais 22. A good day trip from Mt Laurier but we go to Windigo almost every year and the trails in that sector are fast and wide. At night the owner has fox come up to the door looking for food and Friday night is happening for being in the middle of nowhere. In mt Laurier, definitely rabaska. Top notch place.

Windigo is well east of Parent and just west of Relais 22. A good day trip from Mt Laurier but we go to Windigo almost every year and the trails in that sector are fast and wide. At night the owner has fox come up to the door looking for food and Friday night is happening for being in the middle of nowhere. In mt Laurier, definitely rabaska. Top notch place.

Hey NJ...that's a different Windigo you are referring to, this one is by the Bascatong Res. close to M.L.

Windigo_zpsea348859.jpg

GT...where did you get this map from? I see in several places what appear to be shortcuts off the main trail. Did you draw these in or does the software company? For example, north of Kanawata, the 345 goes up to 83 which then east takes you into Manawan reservation. This map shows if you come out of Kanawata bear right, there appears to be a different trail right into Manawan. Just curious?

Hey NJ...that's a different Windigo you are referring to, this one is by the Bascatong Res. close to M.L.

Ah yes. There appears to be 2. I was referring to the one in the top right of GTs map. Nice place simple and we like better than Relais 22 if you have to stop in that neck of the woods.

GT...where did you get this map from? I see in several places what appear to be shortcuts off the main trail. Did you draw these in or does the software company? For example, north of Kanawata, the 345 goes up to 83 which then east takes you into Manawan reservation. This map shows if you come out of Kanawata bear right, there appears to be a different trail right into Manawan. Just curious?

I think you may be referring to the trail to Wemotaci and NOT Manawan. Either way there was a trail there that was really only open a year or two that would enter near Chateuvert and do alot of lake running and come out near Windigo. There also was a place off 345 coming north at Dam Gilardo where the trail made a hard left and you could go straight and hit the chain of lakes and go to Windigo. I think maybe it just got to be too much to stake it all. There are not alot of resources in this neck of the woods

There also used to be a sign on the 345 just after you cross the hydro dam I think Dam A that indicated you could turn right for LaTuque it wasn't a groomed trail but a summer road but there were always tracks on it. You have to be careful about signs for LaTuque because they are more often talking about a "sector" of LaTuque I think it has something to do with logging for instance I have seen maps that show LaTuque -sector Parent

I think you may be referring to the trail to Wemotaci and NOT Manawan. Either way there was a trail there that was really only open a year or two that would enter near Chateuvert and do alot of lake running and come out near Windigo. There also was a place off 345 coming north at Dam Gilardo where the trail made a hard left and you could go straight and hit the chain of lakes and go to Windigo. I think maybe it just got to be too much to stake it all. There are not alot of resources in this neck of the woods

Yes too early. I was referring to Weymontaci. do you know are those new trails or off the standard map trails or trails based upon personal gps experience?

Edited by NJSkidoo

Stayed at Windigo as our start/stop location last year. I would say it's about a 30 min drive NW from ML. Beautiful individual homes in a community on the lake. Probably the nicest place I've stayed on any snowmobile adventure. We were able to leave our trucks/trailers and felt safe doing so.

If you're looking for a nice place to stay with your wife, you can't go wrong.

post-1561-0-87548900-1421417389_thumb.jpg

Yes too early. I was referring to Weymontaci. do you know are those new trails or off the standard map trails or trails based upon personal gps experience?

I am thinking if they are from a map it is one of the common "placemat" type common in the area and an old one at that