New trail thru Mont-Tremblanc Park?

Phil 1

GutZ This is the park that sleds were kicked out a few years back. No homes, it is a big park. I don't ride there much but any access back is good.

Looks like the old 33 route. Great to get back in the park. Seems silly that the traffic would naturally be quite low on the excluded M-Thur days but we have to take what we can get.

What ever happened to the news in the past that access thru the linear park (or a re-routed connection) might open back up from St Faustin to St Jovite.

Agreed I love to see any new(old) trail it's better than losing one. I for one would run this only if I had to,

With it open the days they are giving it right now. Gonna be a popular run its a nice trail for sure.

Actionjack I have a feeling we will not see the linear parc trail ever come to be. Just seems to be no talk on this. Too bad. Maybe they will make the same kind of deal and get something open with the same limited hrs open like this trail.

Speaking of which has anyone ever seen this before? The limits on days trails are open? First time I think i have ever seen it. Some trails are not 24hr trails that I know but seeing trails only open 3 days out of 7?

Lets hope this don't become contagious.

Edited by iceman

Oh! the rought sketch map picture I did on the french forum made is way here! I made it to show what an other poster describe...

Yes, it is a news that is posted on the St-Donat snowmobile club web site:

NEW! The Caribou 310 trail through Mont Tremblant Park will be reopened on weekends, by using our ’’right to protest’’. Come and enjoy the beautiful scenery and demonstrate for the reopening of this park to snowmobilers

ref: http://www.motoneigestdonat.com/Nouvelle-traduction-Une-nouvelle

The picture from the old map posted by GT Rider (thanks GT Rider!) show the old path of the #310 that was running from Lac Croche area up to the #33/#63 in the middle of the park. At this point, I myself figured that this trail would not be a dead end and will made is way up to the Rouge-Mattawin Relay(Cantine) but the only information I have is what I write up here + the trail description on their site : Mont-Tremblant National Park Caribou gate Relais Rouge-Matawin direction.

The Quebec goverment have not, by now ,reverse his decision about not sledding in the national parks and this permission seems to be given like they wrote as a temporary "right to protest" exemption.

I will try to get confirmation of the exact trail path, but it is anyway a good news, especially for St-Donat area.

Alain

x2 for good news . trails are hard to get back . I just became a director in my club , and get to see first hand the problems ,we are having big problems with 4 wheeler joint trail , where they don't even want to pay anything to refill the damage they made by running all year long . so for now our club has to do it all.

x2 for good news . trails are hard to get back . I just became a director in my club , and get to see first hand the problems ,we are having big problems with 4 wheeler joint trail , where they don't even want to pay anything to refill the damage they made by running all year long . so for now our club has to do it all.

Multi-use trails have been a challengeto snowmobile clubs for a long time. When you look at a snowmobile only trail in August it usually has grass 3 feet high on it. Very minimal impact in most cases on snowmobile only trails.

This "new trail" appears to be what many knew as "Drew's Run" and entered the parc thru the Caribou Gate. A number of you old timers might remember the St-Donat club had a warming hut just before the Caribou Park Gate. It had burned down 10 years or so ago. The run from the Caribou Gate out past Lac Croche to it's junction with the old TQ33, was one of the nicest stretches of trail in the Province. It is wonderful that we might have the opportunity to run it again this winter.

timbo

This "new trail" appears to be what many knew as "Drew's Run" and entered the parc thru the Caribou Gate. A number of you old timers might remember the St-Donat club had a warming hut just before the Caribou Park Gate. It had burned down 10 years or so ago. The run from the Caribou Gate out past Lac Croche to it's junction with the old TQ33, was one of the nicest stretches of trail in the Province. It is wonderful that we might have the opportunity to run it again this winter.

timbo

And with it only open on weekends it should be deserted!

• 2 weeks later...

Update, bad news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This news finally seems to be wrong... the SEPAC ( Quebec governement organization that manage parks and wildlife reserves) emit a press release telling this:

contrary to rumours indicating that snowmobiling will be permitted within the park this winter,
the SÉPAQ wishes to confirm that off-highway vehicles remain prohibited in all national parks.

My contacts said me the same and even the fcmq had put this note on his front web page : http://fcmq.qc.ca/?lang=en

I had tried to contact the St-Donat snowmobile club since mid november to have more details when the news had come out but never got any replied so I don't know the whole story behind this wierd situation... I will post if I get something more but in the meantime the trails should be the same as the 2 last years in this area.

Alain

Yeah, 10-4 on the "not surprising", Ice. What gave me a glimmer of hope that it was true, was two winters ago the TQ 63 (which was supposedly re-routed thru the Reserve Faunique Rouge Matawin years ago to keep us out of the Parcnational du Mont-Tremblant) ran on its "old" path thru Parc for at least part of the winter. 4 of us from Team Flying Potatoe Brothers were on TQ 63 on a loop from Mt. Laurier back to St-Michel des Saints. When we passed-by La Macaza, to our surprise, the TQ 63 followed its "old route" thru the Parc, all the way to the relais at the St-Michel Parc Gate. Last winter, the 63 was back on its "new route" thru the Rouge Matawin. ??????????

timbo