Maine and New Brunswick free trail weekend .

crazysnow

Like Don says.....patience......Grasshopper

Wanna ride with you this year Crazy, need to make some heavy duty decisions for a snow check.

JG you be nuts if you do not go 4 stroke. If you want to jump ship that is up to you. Either way a 1200 doo or find a used low KM Apex XTX have you experienced an Apex with Powersteering? It is a Much different machine than what you were riding.

I am on sidelines too..... Im -patiently waiting for good rideable conditions. I am always tempted to wanna ride after the first decent snow but smarter to wait I guess.

Yeah that's what I'm doing. I know there's some great riding out there but just not sure it's all good so I'm waiting.

Like Don says.....patience......Grasshopper

Wanna ride with you this year Crazy, need to make some heavy duty decisions for a snow check.

Dude ! Just say the Word my friend ... Your the first QR I ever met and hold a special place in my sled heart. Lol

But please stop finger blasting that Sled. It's. Time ...even grumpy got a new Sled C'mon lets do the Gathering it will be like old times

Fozzy

You would be very disappointed with Tug and more so with Old Forge.

Phil

Thats an understatement!

By the way John she's a beauty, you are gonna love it! Wait till you actually get a chance to ride it!

Sorry John to hi jack the thread but... Yes Quebec is the best place in the world to ride smooth white ribbon trails in the world (gotta give props to ontario too) But... and hear me out on this one , Yes never ever ride old forge/tug hill on a weekend!Only ride mid week. Yes the trails can get beat up pretty fast in that part of the world but they do a pretty good job of grooming. Yes for us out of staters its a bit of a pain in the ass because we have to register our sleds to ride but still not to hard. Yes there are ricky racers but you have those everywhere.One thing about this area they do get a crap load of snow if mother nature does her thing. I have trailed 5 hours just to scratch a itch to this area because there was no snow ANYWHERE and had a great ride mid week on nice smooth groomed trails. You can have a two hundred mile day here, There are some great old bars that serve some pretty good food. The views riding can be pretty nice. If you stay in Lyons Falls its in the middle of both areas you have alot of choices to ride (not have to buy Old Forge pass). Mario (mcstar who has a cottage in this area) can a test to this area can work midweek . Now if you have a week no doubt head to Quebec or Ontario or NB. But if no snow in your area ,got a new sled and you can get there in 5 hours mid week its not to bad either. (this year that area is low on snow too).

Thinking about Maine & New Brunswick, a nice trip is to start in Jackman, Maine, make your way thru Millinocket and up to Aroostook County/Fort Kent area. Then cross into New Brunswick, into Quebec, and come back around to St. George and over the border back to Jackman. Two days in Maine and then you can hit New Brunswick for a day or two and finish out what ever days you have left in Quebec. I've done this trip solo a few times back in the early 2000's.

mike

Mike you read my mind ... Jackman stay @ Bishops up thru Maine into NB work my way over too see my friend JG in Amqui ride some local trails & work my way back to RDL to see the cheerleaders with you .... Lol. thru the CA's back to Jackman .. Just an idea so far. Waiting patiently..

Sorry John to hi jack the thread but... Yes Quebec is the best place in the world to ride smooth white ribbon trails in the world (gotta give props to ontario too) But... and hear me out on this one , Yes never ever ride old forge/tug hill on a weekend!Only ride mid week. Yes the trails can get beat up pretty fast in that part of the world but they do a pretty good job of grooming. Yes for us out of staters its a bit of a pain in the ass because we have to register our sleds to ride but still not to hard. Yes there are ricky racers but you have those everywhere.One thing about this area they do get a crap load of snow if mother nature does her thing. I have trailed 5 hours just to scratch a itch to this area because there was no snow ANYWHERE and had a great ride mid week on nice smooth groomed trails. You can have a two hundred mile day here, There are some great old bars that serve some pretty good food. The views riding can be pretty nice. If you stay in Lyons Falls its in the middle of both areas you have alot of choices to ride (not have to buy Old Forge pass). Mario (mcstar who has a cottage in this area) can a test to this area can work midweek . Now if you have a week no doubt head to Quebec or Ontario or NB. But if no snow in your area ,got a new sled and you can get there in 5 hours mid week its not to bad either. (this year that area is low on snow too).

David ... There this good riding if your timing is right. But it gets so crowded.

Me and Eric took the shuttle from pont a la croix to New Brunswick after the Winter gathering last year. We where very impressed with the trails. Stayed in NB to Edmunston then back to the trucks in RDL. Wish it wasn't so far. I would leave the truck in RDL and ride into NB that way myself. May do that this year myself.

Another easy solo ride is to start in Eustis, Maine ( Rt 27 north of Sugarloaf), cross into Canada at Woburn, which is below Lac Megantic. My old age memory is getting foggy, but as I recall it is a day ride to Valcourt.

Or just make your way NW towards Sorel or Trois Rivers and take a transport across the river and head over to QC and transport again south across the river. Or stay south of the river and loop around for a couple days west of Lac Megantic and then head east to RDL and Ampui. All good areas for solo riding. I also felt comfortable solo out to Matane also, but never again would I take the ferry across and solo the north shore back to QC.

Maybe someone can add some light to this, but the several times I've ridden through New Brunswick I have found so-so grooming and not much for scenery.

The Maine section by new Brunswick (Aroostook County) is renowned for being good, but from experience it doesn't match Quebec.

mike

Hi Mike

These pics are yesterday you decide on the scenery and snow! LOL

Andy

post-14-0-33754000-1452249393_thumb.jpg

post-14-0-42861500-1452249402_thumb.jpg

Nice Andy,.

Did you get a new sled? And which is yours, just so I'll know its you when we pass this winter.

mike

The 2016 Expedition Sport 900 is mine. 154 x 16x 1.5 and I studded it with #16 car studs to turn it into an ice ripper. The track was all pre-drilled and it turned out great. This sled gives you the confidence to try those little side roads that we all ride by and wonder where they go.You can ride in a few miles and not worry about getting back out or turned. You just stop and put her in reverse and back up into the pucker brush. The suspension is articulated at the rear and when you back up in powder it just simply rotates up allowing you to back up under almost any condition. Not 100 % sure yet on top speed or mileage as I only have 500 miles but from what I have seen thus far it is very close on fuel burn and I think it will be about 5 mph slower than my 900 Renegade.

Andy

post-14-0-07170500-1452254091_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andyman

Andyman, nice ride!! You will enjoy great sno-mo-bility with that track set up. I note that Mr. Mubbs is sporting considerable luggage capacity on his"flashy" ride :-).

Was your track pre-drilled for #16, or did you have to drill it out a little more?

Andyman, nice ride!! You will enjoy great sno-mo-bility with that track set up. I note that Mr. Mubbs is sporting considerable luggage capacity on his"flashy" ride :-).

Was your track pre-drilled for #16, or did you have to drill it out a little more?

Hi Tim

The track was all pre drilled ready for studs. If you look at the camso site you will see the ice ripper 154 x 16 x 1.6 and beside it the same track without studs but it came from the same mold and has the holes ready for studs. I learned this trick on Doo talk all the Labrador Skandic boys do this. Works real sweet. Studs cost $50 for a box of 1000 enough for 3 sleds as mine took 284. Then all you need is a buddy with a stud gun and bingo you have an ice ripper.