LSJ Investigation Feb 2-6 Team Iceman

iceman

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is J.C. Bou still open. Their website has been down for a while. Theirs was the best food and hospitality in the region with the emphasis on food. Hope all is well there.

Yes still open. Pipeman stayed there not long ago it has new owners now. We were gonna stay there but was too early to call it there.

Back again, a happy bunch after dinner some great chicken wings and smoked meat sandwiches in the pub here at Hotel du Jardin, with some tasty Bleues.

Leaving Saw Mill was the part we were all not looking forward too. Yesterday's single track wide was a thing of the past as oh what a difference 24hrs makes. Groomed right from mill and super duper. 2 drags wide in places and night and day from yesterday. We made great time to La Dore gas on 93.

At this point I call Hotel du Jardin to see if they were accepting visitors and had the proper accomodations. 2 thumbs up we are in. So now we decide to take a bonus ride to kill the rest of the day. After filling up we head south 93 to 373 direction Relais des Buttes. We turn left on orange trail before Relais and cross river and continue on this all the way down past Auberge des Berges and 373 jct. We stop to chat and decide the 5 miles on 373 to hotel is not enough so we about face and run back the exact opposite way we came. All groomed perfect and now all the rights were left. And lefts were rights, totally different trail but yet the same. Super run back to 373 past Relais and down to gas at Ultramar St. Felicien. Gas up and off to Hotel. My first time into Jardin on the new feeder trail. How convienent it passes right in front of the SAQ.

This is Iceman approved. Good stuff.

Into hotel at 5:30. 260 miles. Hotel seems quiet but not a spot to be found in sled corral. 51 sleds in total here.

Great day with great crew. Trails are mint up here. Like you expect to see in Quebec. This is where it's at. Tmmrw a bit of riding half day or so then loading up for Shawinigan for the return to Relais Iceman.

Thinking I'll be back up here again in a week unless things change big time from home it will be black trail to start again. Why fool around go to the good stuff to start with.

Iceman counted 51 sleds on the lot. I've seen it packed tighter, but the pen at Du Jardin is pretty full, overflow sleds parked along the building and into the parking lot. Hopefully only the Team Iceman 3. Sleds start in the morning so we have less traffic to contend with ;<)

post-478-0-20247900-1454734061_thumb.jpeg

post-478-0-94365100-1454734102_thumb.jpeg

Edited by NH-Moose

Hi JG

Hope tout est bonne avec toi mon ami

As you surely know operating a surfacer is an art. There are drivers and there are operators, Not everone has the "touch" that is required to skillfully use the equiptment.

You are an artist without a doubt. I have no doubt you could teach a thing or three to many of the "drivers" that are in need of some skills that only come from years of expertise. Maybe a school for new operators Grooming 101 with professor JG.

In fairness it looks as though they did "fill" the 3 big bad spots with trees and snow. 2 are pretty good the one in the pictures seems to be problematic with alot of water running across at that spot.

salut iceman !!!

ca flotte ????....hahaha.....quebecois .....means ...feel good ??? how are you ???

sorry for late reply ,yesterday at 2 am...was too asleep to reply and too tired last night at 11 pm !!!

great thx for comments...for sure, there s few tricks to learn grooming ...it make runs easier and more and enjoyable !!! its all between the 2 ears !!!

when its easy to groom...give me more time to take pics !!! you don t learn grooming in a week end !!!

yaaa...i heard a few times some operators are only there to '' drive '' and look at the scenery in front instead of looking behind to see whats happening in the drag !!!

like i said many times...nice grooming is a nice way to say welcome !!!......et voila !!!

btw ....great pics all !!!

jean-guy :drinks:

Edited by groomer

Nobody's trails say "Welcome" more than the trails in your grooming area Jean-Guy!

Keep up the amazing job!

Much appreciated by anyone lucky enough to ride your trails!

See you in March!

Tom

hi tom !!

great thx !!

from your side...must be different ...after all the pics i posted...must be easier to recognize part of tq 5 !!!...and must be the trail you don t need to use much your gps !!!

sure..hope to see you in march !!!

time to look for my friend.......couch ...hahha

jean-guy

Pipeman this was last Wednesday the 27th was same Tuesday on the way up a real widow maker

I slowed (almost) enough right before this ditch on that section back in 2010, but this was one of those times that the Yammi heft (and gravity) worked against me...

post-181-0-82811700-1454788860_thumb.jpg

post-181-0-68224800-1454788874_thumb.jpg

Final Day this run.

Breakfast then out and off we go. 373 to Local trail basically a reverse of last night and up again to 373 near Relais Buttes. All beautuful real winter up here and nice groom trail. Like we are used to.

At 373 we go right and follow a perfect trail to 93 and over to La Dore. Thru the gas and across the street. Left turn on local orange trail that takes us on a sweet ride back to 373 once again.

Trails perfect and so far not alot of traffic. We see some large groups but luckiky all standing around talking. Just the way we like it.

Down 373 to next local Orange on the right and up around to St Hedwidge and jct 83. This trail nice but not as super as the others and a bit more traffic. At jct 83 another convention, huge group stopped all over the trail and all in the intersection, come on now, really? We weave thru after 2 guys had to move for us since they are parked three wide blocking trail talking.

I'm sure they must have been discussing what a mistake they made choosing that section of 83 to use for their ride. What junk it was back to 373/83. Lots more sleds coming out now and the plan all along was a short ride then bail out.

We were going to go 83 to another local then to Chambord and across lake to Roberval but decided at 83/373 to abort mission and call it a day.

Back up 373 and to Roberval.

Loaded up got changed and southbound for Shawinigan at 12:45. Quick break in Lac Bouchette for gas then we roll south. In the driveway here at 3:35pm. Nice run.

This Investigation is closed. We found super trails and full on winter as we expected from viewing Scorpionbowl's Photo's on tues night.

I am feeling like I will be back there again in another week. Why not? It's got it going on and by then who knows maybe we will ride from here by sled, maybe.

Get up there, north of the Lac and to Chapais are mint.

Short run. no stress, no hurry and all day everyday to get there. Trips to nowhere are the best. Planning on the fly and following whatever is good.

Happy with our 750 miles for the 3 days plus 3 hrs today.

Until next time.