Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

saguenay bill !!

how many hrs ( driving time ) for you to go up to quebec city ??? 4-4.5 hrs for me .

thanks !!

ps: just started snowing .

groomer !!!

groomer

It's four hours for me. About 250 miles, all 4 lane highway, 20CA, 55CA then 91USA to 93USA. How far is Houghton ME from you?

No snow here so far. It did snow on Sunday but didn't stick, melted as soon as it hit the ground. However Mt Washington and the Presidental Range have snow on the tops, about 4-5,000 feet. They were beautiful last week when the sun was out and you could see the tops.

Bill

Bill

friday afternoon ,smclelan came up here.yesterday we went in the gaspesie park to climb up to the ''serpentine shelter '' close to mountain albert bowl .woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowww!!awesome scenery up there !!

probably around -12--15 c on the way up .it worth to suffer (ha !! ha !! ) to see awesome scenery like that .just like we were on another planet !!

thanks for coming steven !!!........ :drinks::drinks::drinks: :D

jean-guy :drinks:

Had a great time snowshoeing with Groomer, weather was perfect again for the third year in a row. Here are a couple of my pics, hard to compete with the Photography Master of the Gaspesie.

On the way to the Serpentine Abri

post-5-1269818048_thumb.jpg

post-5-1269818060_thumb.jpg

post-5-1269818089_thumb.jpg

Note the shelter on the bottom left

post-5-1269818102_thumb.jpg

These skiers are by the rocks you see directly above the shelter on the previous picture

post-5-1269818112_thumb.jpg

This is to the right of the shelter, top of the ridge

post-5-1269818123_thumb.jpg

On our way back to the truck

post-5-1269818135_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the hospitality and a great time Jean Guy. I look forward to our next adventure.

:drinks:

thanks smclelan !!

going up there will be memorable for a long time !!

i was playing with google earth this afternoon.take a minute and go over mount albert ,there s a pic showing snowshoers right in the '' bowl ''.surprised me i didnt see it friday or saturday night .so , this could be our next adventure .according to the signage ,it s 3.5 km .

hope we' ll be able to do it in the years to come ,before getting too old !!! :D

jean-guy :drinks:

spent the week end at the lake .it has been very warm yesterday and still today .could be the last week end for sledding .

went to the camp friday for about 1 hrs.

groomer !!!

spent the week end at the lake .it has been very warm yesterday and still today .could be the last week end for sledding .

went to the camp friday for about 1 hrs.

groomer !!!

Nice "season end pics" Jean-Guy. Now there is not much left but to count the days til December, eh?

Have a great summer. Hope to see you sometime in July or August.

timbo

hi timbo !!

right !! still a loooong way to dec.back in 01 i think ,went grooming up to ste marguerite ( tq 5) on april 5 th.first pic ,just on the other side of the brook at the camp and the second one ,camp is 1.5 miles on the other side of the mountain.

we had to stay on hard packed snow friday on the way to the camp .snow was too rotten on the side of the trails.we should have lots of rain next week ,so i think i could make it up to my camp with the 4 wheelers maybe around april 25th .won t be surprised.24c this afternoon.

if weather is not too bad , ill try to ride my 4 w as much as possible to find moose antlers at the end of april .

have a nice and safe summer too and hope to see you in july or august !!

groomer !!!

just to make sure i still can post pics here with the upgrade !! ha !! ha !!

great rob !!can see the pics i m posting on the bottom left side of the page!! :good:

groomer !!! :drinks:

Super! Glad you tried it out!! :drinks:

this afternoon .first one about 12 miles from my camp and 1.5 miles off truck logging road. .second at the 18 miles just off the truck logging road.third one ,at the 16 miles.

groomer !!!

finally !! made it to the camp.old sled tracks helped me a lot ,snow was hard packed a bit in the middle of the road.did nt take chances on the way back ,brought the shovel from the camp ,rope and hand puller ( winch ).i was nt sure to make it up on some hills.

was nt time to fall in the ditch.probably take 2 weeks before going there with my truck .road still frozen at many places ,icy or muddy .not time to make big ruts on the road .

groomer !!!

hi mustang !!

glad i made it back without problems,pushing and shoveling !!i was alone, thats why i brought a shovel from the camp.too risky to go up some hills .

last pic on the other post , i had to do 3/4 of miles on snow up to 16 '' deep ,so it was nt time to ''sink '' in the snow .can t see it ,but it s going up hill for about a 1/4 mile +.then i had another place a little bit further going up hill .i had to stay on hard packed snow as long as possible to avoid pushing and shoveling .

great afternoon.first 2 pics,within 1000' from the camp.lots of mooses tracks .

groomer !!!

spent most of the day riding with my 4 wheelers,roughly 80 miles .riding still limited ,still too much snow at many places ,but melted a lot today.

first pic,on the truck logging road (t l r ) at the ''16 miles ''.the white spot you see off the middle a bit, at the back, mount albert ,gaspesie park.

on the upper left side ,still ''t l r '' but at the ''28 miles '' .right on top of the hill .on both side of the road ,it s the duniere reserve .

pic 3 .mount white ( mont blanc ) park matane.

groomer !!!

when riding again this afternoon,70 miles.first pic ,lake casault ,biggest lake on the zec.saw 6 deers,and many ducks.

last pic ,at the ''stump ''.took time to stop there to take a pic.not much snow there at this time of the year .spring 09 ,there was around 8 ' of packed snow there,trail was even with the stump.

groomer !!!

hi bill !!

bienvenue ,thanks !!

few pics from this afternoon.great ride ,110 miles.saw 3 mooses.i was coming way too fast exiting a curve ,moose was standing 75 ' in front of me .put all the brakes and made a nice slide.

found an antler,my third one at the same place ,3 years in a row.pic with the bridge ,that bridge was part of the trail from town to the faribault (trail 595 ) back in the late 90 's.

groomer !!! :drinks:

hi sled dog !!

1500-2000 miles max .once i bring the 4w at the camp ,i dont ride as much.like it at this time of the year ,can t use the truck yet ,still too much snow ,roads are too muddy or still frozen.

when i spend my week ends at the camp ,i use it as a ''taxi ''(cab) to visit my friends at the lake 5-6 miles away .the roads or trails i use to go there ,can t go with my truck ,some places are too narrow.watch myself at night ,you never know when a moose will jump right in front of the 4w .i ve seen a moose at night running 8-10 ' on my left side ,must be very careful with that.when i do my '' moose run '' after supper ,i use my truck.

late september ,when i spend a month or so there ,use it a lot to work.

second pic,earlier this week i was riding in the clearcuts that you can see a little lower than the top of the mountains in front of the 4w.truck logging road is about 2/3 up the pic ,from right to left.must be in front of the '' 22 miles '' mark

fyi,some were still riding last week ''off the trail ', in the ste anne des monts area.

groomer !!!

• 2 weeks later...

yesterday morning ,went to buy my ''circulation pass '' to ride on the z e c .so i talked with an elderly person there and he told me ,there was a cave at the st fidele cb.so today went to check the cave.nothing extraordinaire ,about 20 ' long and 3-4' high.

its about 800 ' behind the warming shack on the cross point side.then decided to go to the st fidele clubhouse.have nt been there since 89-90 .the only thing i remembered was that 180 ' curve about 1.5 mile after the cb and the fields just before arriving at the clubhouse.i was sure the clubhouse was all orange.

gt rider ,the pic with the 4w and the treestand ,same place i posted on the ''just for fun '' thread .few miles before arriving at the st fidele cb.

instead of returning to ste marguerite ,took another road before arriving to the 90' curve and went riding further up.came back at 8 15 pm and 108 miles.

groomer !!!

went off tq5 about 6 miles east of ste marguerite and used old roads, landed at the 16 miles on the truck logging road at 6 30 pm.rode on a few side roads to look for mooses ,then went up a mountain at 14 miles to take a few pics of the sunset.saw a moose there.

groomer !!!