Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Wow! great pics again, love the water reflections. Yes we need more than one person on permit as well: primary shooter, secondary shooter, and I also serve as Scout, he he. Yes it is "rush Hour" for sure on all the log roads. Need to really get out into the woods, on mountains, and in swamps to see any "friends" lol. Have fun and good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

back from moose hunting .ended up our hunt with 1 bull( last sunday ) and 1 female (this morning) .it has been very easy to retrieve both of them,even too easy.can t remember seeing bad weather like that ,all week long .not much sun.it has been windy 90% of the time ,then rain ans snow .

snowed ,monday for about 10 hrs ,wednesday for 2.5 hrs and friday .it has been wet all week long.very bad week to take pics.light has been poor most of the time .when we arrived at the zec gate ,there was 182 mooses down around 3 30 pm .average is around 205 .

now back to a normal life !! ha !! ha !!

groomer !!!

the last minute !!

almost sad to post pics like that.between the first and the last one, 1'm 02 ''.went to bed late last night ,2 30 am , woke up at 7 30 am.so this morning after breakfast ,we started to pack our stuff to go back in town .cleaning the camp ,etc ,etc .

generator was at the back of the camp and running.i was seating on a chair and a friend came in the kitchen and said : there s a female by the brook.took my camera and started taking pics from the window .

meanwhile ,my friend went outside ,slowly , to reach for his rifle in his truck ,then bang !!!

last pic,1 chance in a million i guess??? don t see that every day !!it was 10 hrs 24m 19 ''.

groomer !!!

hi mustang !!

thanks !!probably worth a few $$$.i had a similar one back in the mid 80 's.bull was on the way down to the ground.in the late 80 's , i had sent a few to ''sentier chasse-peche ''.

first 2 pics few days before moose hunting .third one ,friend at the '' ciné-parc ''.drive-in'' in english ??? can t remember ??

all our treestands or clearcuts have a name ,ha !! ha !! 10 years ago ,we had a nice view there,at the ciné-parc.camp is one mile on the left.

groomer !!!

the last minute !!

almost sad to post pics like that.between the first and the last one, 1'm 02 ''.went to bed late last night ,2 30 am , woke up at 7 30 am.so this morning after breakfast ,we started to pack our stuff to go back in town .cleaning the camp ,etc ,etc .

generator was at the back of the camp and running.i was seating on a chair and a friend came in the kitchen and said : there s a female by the brook.took my camera and started taking pics from the window .

meanwhile ,my friend went outside ,slowly , to reach for his rifle in his truck ,then bang !!!

last pic,1 chance in a million i guess??? don t see that every day !!it was 10 hrs 24m 19 ''.

groomer !!!

Incredible shot, Jean-Guy!

timbo

thanks timbo !!

very happy with the result of the pics,because i took them from the left side front window.my friend was somewhere near the the right side of the porch.

so i guess it was the perfect '' timing '' to take the pic.

jean-guy

thanks snowrider !!

when my friend shoot ,he was on my left and maybe 20 ' behind me.i was nt seeing what he was doing .so i i guess it was the perfect ''timing ''.

here s 2 pics of a little traffic jam taken by a friend on the duniere reserve last week .

groomer !!!

Moose is cool BUT I like the snow even better...

Groomer do you want to trade lives??? I sit behind a desk here in the rat lands while you are in Paradise every day... :)

ha !! ha !! ha !!

no thanks !! ha !! ha !!

i rather stay up here !! so close to the woods ,just a few miles outside town.best place in pq ,by very far to see mooses.i m a single person ,so i can go when i want and come back when i want !!that s a big advantage !! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

pics from a friend,first one taken at the ''pont du 50 ''- bridge of the 50''.you re looking toward west ,50 miles from town.faribault camp(with that yellow thing ,not the blue one) ,about 15 miles north-east.

second pic ,just a bit on the left of the '' pont du 50 ''on the map, looking toward mount nicol albert,trail 595 .

groomer !!!

hi longriderss!!

thanks for sharing your pics.your second ,probably the biggest bull i ve seen this year,looks very close !!!not much luck since may ,i don t think i saw 200 mooses.worse in year in the last 10.

on the wednesday ,friend missed a spike like yours.he was with 2 females.

just back from the zec office ,206 mooses down on the zec.average .

groomer !!!

went up to my camp in the mid morning.then went to ride with my 4 wheelers in the afternoon.80 miles of ridingonly to see that weasel at a friend's camp !! :lol::lol::lol:

the goose ,yesterday morning.went to see the ex operator of the machine up the hills outside town.just too bad ,i was late by a few seconds.there was thousand.first pic ,you re looking toward ste marguerite, about 6 miles in front .

groomer !!!

Quick Tranlation

Ownership:

The Faribault is a piece of land with an area of 4,400 hectares, is the sole owner SERV. This territory, located in the heart of the Gaspé Peninsula, has been given to a Senior Officer of Canadian Pacific (political gift) to the late 19th century. The land was then resold to the company Madawaska Corporation, and later to Lacroix Lumber. In 1954, the property is sold at Cyprian Belanger Limited and, by succession, becomes the property of Gerard Belanger Limited. The Bloc Faribault since 1977 is the exclusive property of the holding company of Valley Resource Inc..

Historic use of the territory:

Virgin territory until the early 1950s, logging, harvesting only, has been the focus of land use in the years 1950 to 1965. At this harvest activity, was also paired up on the work of sawing wood. In periods of intense activity around 300 workers "lived" the Faribault.

At that time the harvesting was mostly done during the winter season. In the early days of using chain saws and even "hand saw" the timber was felled, skidded with horses and piles of round logs were then transported to the towpath by carts pulled by a tractor with caterpillar , then to the mill located along the river Grounding. Wood processing was performed by a factory operating at the "steam", effective for the time. Is also grafted to the plant, equipment and buildings to support the work of sawing (pond dipping the log burner, waste, filing, garage, office, etc.). With 300 workers on site, the organization accommodation for these workers required a lot of equipment (huge dormitory with heated tap water, bedding) and staff (cook, kitchen helpers, servants).

At wildlife, hunting was carried out based on the needs of private business ownership during the years of housing land. Upon the acquisition of territory by SERV, it began a business of moose, an activity that took place from 1978 to 1985. In 1986 SERV leased territory in Adventure Rock Roy for carrying out the moose. Since 2000, SERV operates an integrated forest activities, wildlife and recreational under the trade name of the outfitter, Faribault, Country Giants.

GutZ

thanks for the translation gutz !!

back in the 70's and 80 's ,there was a huge logging camp about 20 miles west from the faribault.it has been owned by the c.i.p-avenor -bowater ,etc.way bigger than the one near la cache .

we called that place ''the 46 ''. 46 miles east from town.used to go there often with my dirt bike just to look at the heavy machinery working.

the office of the c.i.p (canadian internationl paper ) was in my street .still remember when those huge tree harvesters arrived in my street back in the 70's.

groomer !!!

sad day !!

went to the camp late this morning to bring back my 4 wheelers home.took a 40 miles ride before coming back in town.

last pic is mont blanc ( mount white) on park matane.there s a bit of snow on the side.

frost this morning since at least 2 weeks ,maybe 3.it was 0 c today at the camp.

done with beer and wine :lol::lol: :( :( ,must put myself in the '' winter mode ''

groomer !!!

http://www.servallee.com/fhistorique.htm

faribault camp ,back in the old days .trail 595.roughly 32 miles north of la cache.

groomer !!!

Ahh ya back in the day, was there in '97 with a group of guys, stayed there for a few days as we arrived when they were having a mechou party and what a party i must say, one of the locals must have pissed off his buddies 'cause when we woke up in the morning his sled was hanging from the moose hanger.lol. What a site.

JG

Ahh ya back in the day, was there in '97 with a group of guys, stayed there for a few days as we arrived when they were having a mechou party and what a party i must say, one of the locals must have pissed off his buddies 'cause when we woke up in the morning his sled was hanging from the moose hanger.lol. What a site.

JG

hi traiblazer !!

not sure if it was in 97 or 98 ,but i was there at the méchoui .my brother in law had leased the faribault camp with one of his friend from cross point .do you remember that guy who had fell in the brook with his sled ????ha !!ha !!

faribault area was a nice place to ride off the trail.last time i went there,must be in april 98.took a huge risk going there alone .started from the 28 miles on the truck logging road using ''back roads '' only to go there.then landed roughly 10 miles from mount logan.no traffic at all ,it was about time to turn around before being in troubles.

i wish i could go back with my 4 wheelers ,but can t even ride on the truck logging road crossing the duniere reserve.

groomer !!!