Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

on tq 5 about 4 miles west of my town ,they moved the trail in the hydro power line between causapscal and albertville .

so ,2 weeks ago on their first run ,they climbed that hill behind the br ,with the br .last week end i think ,they went grooming with the gilbert ,whoops !!unable to climb,too steep.

so ,i know this morning ,friend of mine went there with a bulldozer to lower the top of the hill.i know ,they are there right now to put snow back on the trail.

i guess ,for those who know the shortcut (local trail) outside town to go to albertville ,maybe it could be better for you to take that shortcut to avoid rock maybe ,if they don t have enough snow to ''pacth'' it.specially for those coming from cross point.i ll try to find info ,if there s enough snow ,where they worked.

.....like we say here,maybe the trouble was on the seat !! ha !! ha !!

groomer !!

I think you are right - 'operator error' / "trouble in the seat". All the STEEP trails around MSP are groomed w/Gilberts - so what could the problem be?? ha ha

I thought the club was thinking of selling/trading the BR? Lots of "trips to the doctor" past couple of seasons.

Glad you are 'keeping busy'. Thanks for great trails.

hi vt bluyamaha !!

ha !! ha !!

i thought about that ,only a supposition ,dirt was frozen and not much ''base'' on the trail,so it s easier to spin the tracks on frozen dirt .

ya ,br was up for sale ,looks like not much ''clients '' came to see it.br went way more often to the hospital than mine!! ha !! ha !!

it was about time to be busy a bit .im on my way to the lake and that local trail for ste marguerite.looks windy outside .

jean-guy

i would like to see how the hell they groom the trail on the north shore from baie comeau to godbout must be some kind of roller coster with a drag lol

That section between Baie Comeau and Godbout is my favorite piece of trail in Quebec. What a ride!! Hoping to do it next week if the trail opens between Forestville and Baie Comeau.

back from grooming 2 local trails.sunny-cold and windy like hell!!...all over the gaspesie .some roads are closed.

met my nephew and one of his friend on smclelan's bld on the way back !!!he s on the left!!

coldsmoke : said it ,can t remember when .in baie comeau when they bought their br ,they were unable to climb some hills.so their called the dealer to fix the problem and put studs on it.

i don t think im wrong with that ,they received a ''gift '' from bc city.they ve been fined because they broke the pavement,crossing roads!! :huh:

groomer !!!

back from the clubhouse.talked with one of the operators there.trail 587 is groomed on albertville side and st alexis /l ascension side.....but road is plowed for about 6 miles.

there s trucking right now and it should end at the end of the week. i ll let you know later.st alexis side,the signage is on the trail,albertville side ,next week end i guess.they did tq5 yesterday.

waitress ,told me about members who came this week!! thanks !!

still cold here,-24c at 5 am....but sunny.

for the hydro power line on tq 5 ,just go very slowly ,few rocks .they 've bulldozed a bit on the shortcut side too.

groomer !!!

went grooming tq 5 and a local trail today.greaaaaaaaat day for riding.woke up at 2 30 am,expecting warmer temps,but it was -25c ,decided to play on the computer and started at 5 15 am.- 7c when i came back at 4 30 pm.

met my first tourist on andyman's bld.few hundred lower from where we met mcstar !!then about 1 .5 mile further found a little antler on the trail.about half a mile before going down the last hill for the cb ,2 more mooses on the trail.watch yourselves ,there s not enough snow to bother them yet.

met a group of 5-6 sledders right at the bottom of the last hill ,around 9 am.saw about 20 sleds today.

sad to say,but some still don t make the difference between their right and their left.can t even realize only one side of the trail is groomed .3x today,probably the first time in 11 years of grooming ,it came close .

the last one i met ,he probably saw his whole life in a fraction of second, and he ll probably remember how the blue color looks like !!!

sorry !!

thanks !!

groomer !!!

to that member who pm ed me last night ,i ll be on tq 5 by 2 15 am. :lol::lol:

you owe me a bottle of wine :lol: ...waking up early like that on a monday morning !!!ha !! ha !!

we installed the sicle bar yesterday morning ,it ll be slower a bit.

pics from saturday ,little off the trail race.

-20c right now .

groomer !!! :drinks:

whaler , few pics from today.saw your last post on the other thread.sure , we don t have much snow ,but rideable .

cold temps did nt help.snow is rotten.must be very careful using the ''cutters '' on the drag.

groomer !!!

whaler , few pics from today.saw your last post on the other thread.sure , we don t have much snow ,but rideable .

cold temps did nt help.snow is rotten.must be very careful using the ''cutters '' on the drag.

groomer !!!

Thanks Groomer

Lots to consider for a trip!

right whaler !!

friends went to matane yesterday ,using trail 591 ,near sayabec.looks like it was thin somewhere near matane.( west side )

pics from JAN 30TH 2010...about the samething .

groomer !!!

back from grooming .yesterday we received about 3 '' of fresh snow in town and close to 5 '' up the hills.

i was listening to a rimouski radio station and they said we might have from 4 to 6 '' till tomorrow night .

traffic is increasing .saw the first sleds around 9-30 am ,on the way back.

-10 c at 1 15am and close to -1c/0 c right now .my thermometer is in a shadow area(-5c ).great day for riding .sunny with a few clouds.

...time for a napt !!! :lol: ..still have 1.5 hrs to do ,my truck is at the other end of town.

groomer !!

back from grooming.cold morning ,-20c at 1 30 am and once at the cb around 8 am,probably close to -30c.

met 2 more members on my way back.northbound and his wife for the first time.talked for a good 5 mins + .

thanks to both of you for stopping and say hello !!!

saw 2 mooses around 7 am.lots of tracks again this morning.sunny here ,-15c roght now.might have snow tomorrow and it should be windy.

saw about 20-25 sleds

groomer !!!

Your trails are looking great! I see they are "excellent" according to Info Gaspe.

hi 14 snow !!

conditions are getting better since a week .but if you want an honest answer ,''exellent '' ,personnally ,i think the word is strong a bit.we re not use to see that quantity of snow at this time of the season.

great riding ,yes ,exellent ,not yet .

about 10 days ago ,waitress talked with tourists from the mtl area.they were very happy with the conditions.she s been surprised !!

i guess depending where tourists come from ,you ll have probably different answers.for me ,i need more snow to be exellent .

like i said ,great riding ,no problems ,but i need more snow before saying exellent conditions.different peoples ,different answers !!

pics from a storm ,feb 19 /06 .look at the difference of snow !!! :o :o

groomer !!!

my favorite is #6 look at that ribbon down the middle....perfection!! :drinks:

hi mustang !!

thanks.it s not exactly the pic i wanted ,but nice too.i wanted to take both side of the trail.it was cold ,so i took the pic in a hurry .

i did nt want to spend another week on the couch !!! :lol::lol:

-22c right now .very cold along the river this morning .c etait pas le temps de jouer aux fe???????

ha !! ha !! ha !!

groomer !!!

back from an 11.5 hrs run.went grooming 4 local trails.-29c at 5 30 am and now - 22 c.it has been very windy from 11 am til 4-5 pm.for sure trails will be very hard packed.

saw 2 mooses around 7 pm on my way back from the lake .

groomer !!!

back from grooming tq 5 .few fleurries at 2 am,at 4 am it was better and around 9-10 am waaaaaaay better .expecting up to 6 '' till tomorrow morning.

windy tho, up the hills .not the greatest day to ride and groom.it's white and grey everywhere.poor visibility + i was feeling asleep right at the beginning !!worse run this season. :rolleyes:

saw about 40 sleds.98% of them going east.

might be back on tq 5 early wednesday morming.

time for a napt.... :lol:

groomer !!!

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=49254&src=iotdrss

my brother sent me that !!

awesome pic !!

brought the machine home last night and there was drifts in town.so i expect tq 5 not to be too nice .

it has been wiiiiiiiiiindy all day long .ready to go in less than 30 mins.

groomer !!!

back from grooming tq5 .great day for riding.-17c at 2 30 am and now -5c .saw about 40 sleds .

sunny this morning and turned to cloudy by noon.

one bad news !!!! :angry: at the gas station in town where i park the machine ,one of the guys there told me that the indians from the reserve in cross point plowed tq 5 .i don t know for how mamy miles .

saw 3 mooses again early this morning !!

groomer !!!

Looking really nice!!

hi 14 snow !!

just woke up from a short napt !! ha !! ha !!

looks better every runs since the last 3-4 runs.looks like there s been a lot of traffic yesterday .trail was packed very good this morning by the sleds.

it has been so windy yesterday ,snow has been blown off the trail at many places.it was nt nt rough( no bumps ) this morning ,only small drifts .

groomer !!!