Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

pics from monday to wednesday morning.i was tired to ride around the camp, so wednesday morning i went north of the camp.50 miles ride.saw 4 females.

last pic,mountains of park matane .trail 595 is on the other side !!

road 195 ,about half an hr ride on the left side.matane river ,at the bottom of those mountains.

groomer !!! :drinks:

thursday morning ,i went west,saw 8 mooses,60 miles ride.first ,saw that mom + calf ,then a quarter mile later, those 2 little bulls playing with the female.just too bad ,light was poor and early morning!!

around noon,i was at a friend's camp ,just next to causapscal river.saw a few salmons going up the river !!

should be back to the camp around 1 pm til the next 8 days !!

• 2 weeks later...

back to civilisation !!

we ended up with one bull last monday morning at 6 45 am and another one (pics) yesterday at 5 30 pm.

it has been cloudy most of the week .last monday i had a bad cold.i spent the whole afternoon in bed.woke up just after 6 pm to start the generator.it was already dark in the camp.checked by the window if my friends were coming into the yard and saw those 2 females just next to the porch.

wednesday night ,i was walking back to the camp,one female ,1000' before arriving to the camp.another one ,wednesday morning and my nephew missed a bull at the ''cn tower '' sunday morning .

groomer !!!

ha!!ha!!ha!!

just back walking my ''niece '' charlotte !!! :lol::lol:

you can see the cb over the causapscal river in the background.(tq 5).

water level is very low.

then ,went to check at the z e c office .195 mooses down + 54 for bow hunting.about the average .i think the highest was 210 (rifle) a few years back .

SPECTACULAR!! I haven't seen a moose as close as this. I love your pictures!! Thanks!

thanks !!

i like when they are close ,depending of their humor !!in 04, i think ,at my camp ,i had 2 females always together.one of of the 2 was nt shy at all.she was inserting his head and neck completly inside the cab of my truck.happened 4x.

sadly ,i had no camera at that time ,because while grooming my 35 mm fell down on the floor of the machine.

i used to ride a lot in the woods to look for moose.but since i spend my week ends at my camp,i stopped the riding .

fyi,since 00,i saw over 5000 mooses.

btw,at a gas station here in town,there s a girl who register all the mooses coming from public lands and maybe from duniere reserve too.last saturday she was at 652 registred ,thats a lot .

pics from 06

I take a lot of pictures too...but yours are really good!! Do you ever see Lynx up there?

here s a few old lynx pics.first 4 ,in the yard of my camp back in 06.next 6 ,on my way to my camp from the lake in 08 ,when we built the new camp.i was staying at the lake at the time during the construction of the new camp.

also.back in the 90's saw 2 cougars.both times i had my camera.first time ,he was sitting in the middle of the road (shadow area),after supper.forgot that i had a button to raise the iso.

second one ,on my way back from the camp on the truck logging road.it was in july ,and the road was super dusty.i knew i had a pick up truck following me closely .so, i did nt want to ''eat ''his dust .i was pedal to the metal (ha!!ha!!ha!) going down that long hill at the 14 miles,while going down ,saw the cougar crossing the road very slowly.i had my camera,but did nt stop.it was dangerous for that guy behind me to ''punch '' me in the back because of the dust.

returned during the week to find tracks ,but no luck.it was too dry.

while looking for lynx pics ,found those funny moose pics!! :lol:

I have only seen the Lynx in the winter when they are white with some grey. This again, is fabulous!! I love the pictures, thanks again.

Linda,

Welcome to Quebec Rider, and as you already saw, groomer takes the greatest pictures wheather they are of live things or groomed trails and scenery.

Groomer, I look forward to seeing you in January the week of the gathering in your area.

brdgbldr85

Linda,

Welcome to Quebec Rider, and as you already saw, groomer takes the greatest pictures wheather they are of live things or groomed trails and scenery.

Groomer, I look forward to seeing you in January the week of the gathering in your area.

brdgbldr85

Thanks Bridge Builder? Am I correct? I see his pictures are amazing!! I would love to see this scenery in real life, just ordering some snow tires for my truck lol.

Linda,

brdgbldr85

hi brdgbldr !!

thanks for the comments !!

samething for me ,looking forward to meet you at the gathering!! it 'll be a lot of handshakes for me on the friday afternoon !!ha!!ha!!ha!!

few pics from the local trails around town.st alexandre-lac saumon and up to the lake!!

jean-guy

i was looking at phil's pic on the ''ladies '' thread and it reminds that alders and branches have been cut back in august in the ste marguerite area .

according to the pic,about .5 miles on the other side of the corner ,up the hill til the corner of causapscal/ste marguerite /ste florence.they ve been about half a mile toward ste florence.

it won t be too bad for me because there s no clearcuts .

...but in sept 10,they did that on the road going to the lake !!wooow !! it s another ball game !!

even if it s super wide ,where s there s clearcuts or if the wind come from the north ,keep your eyes open !!keep looking for the ditch all the time ,even on a sunny day!!not too funny !!

on the way back ,you realize that you have groomed too much in the middle or toward the left .it can be very confusing with the drifts ,etc !!

pic 1 + 2 ,on that long straight near ste marguerite(west)pic 2 ,almost at the corner of ste-m/causap/ste flo...looking east.

p-3 ..before the ''stump'' on the way up to the lake.hard to tell where is the ditch!!

groomer !!!

the closest to find hardwood ,about 4 miles from the camp if i use the 4 w.with my truck about 8 miles.

lots of black spruce tho, near the camp.not bad at all to heat with it!!

i used to have a trailer ,but i loaded it so much,frame bent !!ha!!ha!!

first pic,mid way between ste marguerite and the st fidele cb.( grooming time )

went down to the st fidele cb for fun !!

p-1 and 2 ,at the corner of ste florence-causap and ste marguerite,about 4 miles west of ste marguerite.

next 3 on that long straight west of ste marguerite.its a lot wider on both side of the ditch.they did it back in late august ,early sept

you ll recognize the last hill before the cb on the way down and up .then 2 pics of that 90' corner about 6 miles east of ste marguerite.

last one ,on 54 th ave in ste marguerite beach!!came back by the truck logging road from ste m...,too many deer hunters ,starting from the '' school bus '' up to ste m...

groomer !!!

Sweet...I knew where you were... :) :)

good for you phil!!

look better in winter !!

no traffic at all ,saw a rabbit on my way back !!...with a bit of white (fur)

38.9 km from where i live.

back from a 90 miles ride.52 yesterday.awesome weather !!

p-1 causapscal river at the z e c gate.....need a lot of water or snow.very low

p-2 lake causapscal in the background

p-3 bit of snow on mont blanc ,park matane.

p-4 did nt zoom ,but snow on mont logan too .

p-5 half a mile before the ''stump '' on my way back

groomer !!!

Sweet...I knew where you were... :) :)

That really shows the contrast between fall and winter up there doesn't it. Nice shot!