Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Where?

Mccaffrey it"s in the Chic Chocs in Cap Chat . Village Grande Nature Chic Chocs .. Nice place , the problem is there's no backing out of that place they charge you.

Nice pics,as always JG,,took me a minute to figure out the two"fuzzy" ball pics,,

hi fuzzy !!

not bad hey ???

blue sky day here !!! +4c ( in the shade ) ...snow melting!!..lots of water on main street !!

pics from last night !!!

first pic....almost as far as you can see...where you turn right to stay on tq 5 ...from the corner..logging road about 4 miles from there !!!

jean-guy

I know exactly where you are, if you looked in the opposite direction the view would be breath taking!!

Would be a good location for a QR Winter Gathering!!

And breathe taking it is

.....he's adjusting his camera not what you think

Roger that for QR Gathering location

Bingo!

I was just telling JG when we where at the clubhouse, the Gaspe in March would be the best Winter Gathereing spot! Especially when its light till 7pm.

Maybe thats the spot

Recommended here

Mccaffrey it"s in the Chic Chocs in Cap Chat . Village Grande Nature Chic Chocs .. Nice place , the problem is there's no backing out of that place they charge you.

It's in Saint-Octave-de-Metis between Cap Chat and Saint-Anne-des-Monts...........no groomed trail from the 5 to there but plenty of pathes leading to it.

And breathe taking it is

attachicon.gifGaspe Mar. 2014 015.jpg

.....he's adjusting his camera not what you think

attachicon.gifGaspe Mar. 2014 011.jpg

attachicon.gifGaspe Mar. 2014 010.jpg

Roger that for QR Gathering location

Recommended here

It's in Saint-Octave-de-Metis between Cap Chat and Saint-Anne-des-Monts...........no groomed trail from the 5 to there but plenty of pathes leading to it.

That is the picture in the other direction I was taking about!

I thought he was just excited about the view!!

I have been into there a couple times it was groomed. Maybe they didn't have an agreement with the club this year.

Apparently its new owners this year. Was there 2 winters a go and its a great place. Trail at that time was decent as well. I had to call the Gaspe info for the number this winter and that's what they said. I lost my deposit a few weeks ago as I couldn't make it during that storm. However they said if I come within a year they will apply it to my next stay. So I'm ok with that especially if there is a gathering next spring. These are small outfits not large chains that can afford dropped reservations. Was going to try the Gaspe this weekend but going to Abitibi instead, closer drive, report to follow.

Apparently its new owners this year. Was there 2 winters a go and its a great place. Trail at that time was decent as well. I had to call the Gaspe info for the number this winter and that's what they said. I lost my deposit a few weeks ago as I couldn't make it during that storm. However they said if I come within a year they will apply it to my next stay. So I'm ok with that especially if there is a gathering next spring. These are small outfits not large chains that can afford dropped reservations. Was going to try the Gaspe this weekend but going to Abitibi instead, closer drive, report to follow.

That's right, the guardian at relais St.Paulin told us the same.

We slept there the on the 2 march this winter, we had reserved a Scandinavian chalet with a wood stove inside that was absolutely outstanding. The view on the ChicChocs there is second to none...

On the down side, I don't know if it is a timing question but the Pierre the manager that received us looks very frustrated telling us we where very lucky to be charge only $160 for the chalet (even all seems ok 2 days before when I reserved with my credit card) and it would not be like that if the syndic would be settled??? we were supposed to talk more about that after supper but by chance we met some friends from Beauce area and spend all evening in chatting with them and did not know the syndic story. Our friends had not reserved before and just get there to get a room and were rudely treated, It seems Pierre just want our money and not more he told us so much time that the tips was not included that it was ridiculous...

This said, it may be a timing question with their syndic problems because when we had a supper there in 2011 , it was the same Pierre that received us and told us about St-Octave de l'avenir history four an hour maybe and all was fine at that time. As for the rates for their chalet, I realize that on the french version of their site the advertise rate is $160 and on the english version is $240...a bit weird...

http://www.villagegrandenaturechic-chocs.com/chalets-scandinaves/

http://www.villagegrandenaturechic-chocs.com/scandinavian-cottages/?lang=en

As for the trail to go there, yes it was groomed when we went there... just too much snow since I guess!!!

Alain

went grooming st alexandre !!!

snow was heavy at the beginning ..but great once at the farm...7 pm ...

a little bad luck in st alexandre..while waiting ...i did a '' tour '' of village..sight seeing !!!

lots of coyotes tracks on my way back in the fields by the farm !!!

jean-guy

I had forget to tell you JG, your pictures are absolutely amazings!!!

I don't know which camera you use but you are certainly very skillful with it to get those night results so clear and no blurry :good:

Thank you for sharing those snowy pics that make us dreaming and keep up the good work on the trails, from the pics no doubt you are even skillful on those too!!!

:drinks:

Alain

I think this is the trail-head from the 5...

a little bad luck in st alexandre..while waiting ...i did a '' tour '' of village..sight seeing !!!

jean-guy

Uh oh. Hoping you're OK with luck.

post-181-0-77107700-1396451834_thumb.jpg

post-181-0-99937800-1396451869_thumb.jpg

I had forget to tell you JG, your pictures are absolutely amazings!!!

I don't know which camera you use but you are certainly very skillful with it to get those night results so clear and no blurry :good:

Thank you for sharing those snowy pics that make us dreaming and keep up the good work on the trails, from the pics no doubt you are even skillful on those too!!!

:drinks:

Alain

hi alain !!!

big thx !!

well, i could say the exact samething to you !!! you have awesome pics too !!!

its all between the 2 ears !!!

i have a dslr....nikon d-90.....small lens..18-105 mm and 70-300 mm..seldom i use the big lens !!

i get tired or bored to switch lens....while grooming..

its just working with speed....apertume and asa...honestly after many thousand pics..still confusing playing with all those 3 things at the same time....

its fun to have nice pics...(...without swelling my head ...)...its always a challenge to look for a better one !!!

good for imagination and great for motivation to find a better one !!!

when i m out of imagination...i drink wine !!! hahahahaha!!

warm again today ...0c in the shade..and it was 5 c at the '' forks ''..around noon when i came back from amqui !!!

playhard......pic 2 ...great shot ..like it !!!

thx again !!!

jean-guy :drinks: <<<<<<<< rouge !!!

hi all !!!

well ,last one this morning !!!

still tons of snow left ...but warm temps !!!

in 14 years of grooming ...this one has been the toughest...january and the first 2 weeks of february have been very tough between the 2 ears !!! grooming the same snow all the time ....just boring !!

it was about time to have storms .....

big thx to those who supported our club this season by buying trail passes and stopping at clubhouse !!!

always great to meet members....including the newbies....at clubhouse or in town !!!

thx for the laughs and comments about my pics !!!

you know who you are...thx for generosity !!!

that little bridge between clubhouse and matapedia river gave me hard times....too much snow on ...dangerous to slide....turned around and removed snow with drag to put '' floor '' of bridge more even...not much room for errors !!!

so, thats it for this season.. i ll still post a few pics...of moose ..camp ..4 w ..etc during summer..

now, thats the long wait to go to camp....landed on some pics yesterday..last year ,i was there with my 4w on april 29 th.....hmmmmmm for this year !!!

thank you all !!!

merci a tous !!!!

have a safe summer !!!

jean-guy :drinks:

Thanks for all the long hours JG. Much appreciated. Both runs to Gaspe, for sure your club was the best trails both times. Groomed to perfection.

Nice to meet you with the Team at the Motel. Will will meet again. Enjoy the off season wishing you all the best mon amie.

Iceman

Edited by iceman

Thanks for all the long hours JG. Much appreciated. Both runs to Gaspe, for sure your club was the best trails both times. Groomed to perfection.

Nice to meet you with the Team at the Motel. Will will meet again. Enjoy the off season wishing you all the best mon amie.

Iceman

hi iceman !!!

gros merci !!!

great meeting you in person after a few posts on qr !!!

its with people like you that we keep going / grooming..

like i said, it has been rough and tough at the beginning..i took 4-5 runs...without stopping at all ...only a shot of coffee at st fidle cb..discouraging grooming always same snow....even if runs were shorter with the '' gilbert ''

i was taking my lunch while grooming on the long straight west of ste marguerite !!!

thx again and have a nice summer !!!

just fyi...

if some still have the '' rage '' to come back....

strange ''soup '' coming from the sky ...

light rain...heavy rain...mixed with big snow flakes this morning..

heavy rain right now...

very windy ....like smclelan said not too long ago ...almost at the horizontal...ahahaha

great day to be around table at my camp and enjoy some juice with friends !!!

Hi jg have you stopped grooming yet ?

hi artsled !!

yaa..done since april 2 th...

last night has been the coldest night since a long time..maybe 10 days...

snow is melting and rotting even if not much sunshine !!!

even ice on river...more open water !!!

jean-guy