Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Hi Groomer

Nice job on the camp.

When I was in Maine several weeks ago I ran into some ladies who knew you. You are spending all your free time hunting moose and building camps. You can't get away with anything, ole Saguenay Bill is watching. Just kidding. But they did know you.

Bill

hi saguenay bill and plain-rev !!

thank you very much !!! we work on the camp since last may.time to take a break ,don t have much time to take beers !!! ha !! ha !!! ha !!! just joking !!!

we still have many little jobs to do inside and outside the camp.

i know there s some place west from here they had up to 9 '' of snow in the higher elevations .should be a lot warmer here during the week end .

saguenay bill , just curious !!! ha !! ha !! those ladies ,were they from maine or another state ?????

pics of the bull ,the only one i have seen on my territory .15-20 mins before i have seen a cow and calf crossing the road at the same place .

i spent 25-26 days at my camp ,very strange season !! can t believe it !!! did nt even see 20 mooses .my best was 153 ,i think back in 04 .

just to specify ,here on the z e c ,we need 3 permits for one moose .so this year there was only 4 hunters at the camp .our hunt was done last sunday at 7 22 am .a spyke with a very little rack !!!

i ll hunt if my friends need me ,most of the time i m the '' guide '' , because i know my territory very well and where the good '' spots '' are.

groomer !!! :drinks:

hi tom !!

sure !! awesome place !!! i won t trade that place for any other places on the z e c .be sure i know the z e c veryyyyyyy well !!

i ll be 47 next april and i go there since the age of 3 or 4. i ve seen things change over the years !!!

my atv is a honda foreman 450 , 99.almost at 21 000 kms.

the load was nt too heavy ( ive seen worse than that ...ha !! ha !! )

went inside the clearcut ,load the atv ,once at the road or back to the trailer ,cut it in 16 '' logs .fill the trailer as much as possible ,then fill the atv (carriers??) again with roughly 5 to 8 ' long logs .once loaded it takes about 35-40 mins to go back to the camp .like it !!!

must put a lot of weight on the atv because i must cross a small river and on the other side it s muddy and i don t want to get stuck .it happened a few years back in about 6 -8 '' of snow .had to unload all the logs inside the trailer .

about the camp and beers !! well !!! it has been a very busy and special summer for me and my friends .lots of work ,beers and wine !! usually when i m alone at the camp i don t drink that much !!! ha !! ha !! but it has been a greaaaaaaaaaat summer !!!

groomer !!! :drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks: ..... ha !! ha !!

smclelan !!

done early this afternoon at the camp , so on my way back home i thought about the new st fidele cable bridge .

here s a few pics !!!

they moved the warming shack completely at the end of the '' parking ''. the positive things about the bridge ,the '' floor '' is even with the ground on both side of the river .no more track '' spinning '' at the exit of the bridge. ha !! ha !!

there s enough clearance between the pieces of woods (floor ) ,so the bridge will probably clean by himself.

the only negative thing ,those steel cables in front of my truck , it will narrow the ''parking '' that i used to do !!

groomer !!!

WOW!! That is a nice bridge! No sag in that one. With the cable in front or your truck, will it be harder to turn the Bull? Very, very impressive looking structure. I am surprised they don't have pieces of lumber runninng legth wise for ski guides, or for the studs to run on to prevent wear on the main deck. Thanks for going out to get pics, I was wondering how they were progressing.

when i arrive at the cb ,i go backward a few hundred feet to turn around (first pic ,left side ).i ll have to get use with those cables.

i did nt notice that ,about that piece of lumber for ski guide .maybe i should advise somebody .4 wheelers club built the bridge ,looks like they don t have the ''vision '' of sledding .

no sag ,but when you walk on the bridge , it ''spring '' more than the old one i think ,if you understand what i mean !!!

groomer !!!

nice bridge....brings back memories. I had been a newbie sledder in '02 and had 2 weeks experience when i went your way and had to cross the bridge. I was scared the first time, but after it was ok and hubby would go first so the bridge would swing for me!!

smclelan

went in town and just by hazard met one of the br operator.he said that the bridge will on the responsability of the st fidele club. club marquis de malauze.

he even called the president of the 4 wheelers club and the president said ''do your own part '' talking about the skis guide.

so will probably split the expenses for the skis guide with the st fidele club .

hi mustang !!!

now it ll be easier for the ladies to use it .let steep on both ends of the bridge .it s a big + for all the sledders.the new bridge is higher by a few feet compared to the old one .

back in the yesteryears i remember there was no bridge and we crossing the river just next to the warming shack.

if time permit (very busy ) i want to go back there and cut branches from the base of the last hill to the cb.

now must go back to work !!! o c right now !!!

groomer !!!

• 4 weeks later...

hi roadrunner !!

glad to hear from you .a bit discouraging right now.we had 6-7 '' of snow in town and up 12 '' + in the wood but with all the rain we received last night ,about 2-3 '' left in town.

i ll have a better idea tomorrow ,i m going to my camp ,so i ll see the difference .

right now if i compare with last year we are late by 1.5 feet i guess.but in the gaspesie you must expect the unexpected.hope to have a big storm soon.i m tired to wait for grooming !!! ha !! ha !!

hope to see you next season !!!

groomer !!!

not too bad roadrunner !!

4-5 '' at the minimum and 8-9 '' at the max ,maybe even a little bit more at some places .not cold enough ,it was 0 c at the camp .at least we still have the base.

longriderss and smclelan remember the places on the pics ???

first 2 ,on the way up the hill after the z e c gate .third one is the clearcut where i talked about the stump .can t remember if longriderss was with us at that time .

i think the stump is right over the ''tail light '' on the drag.right side .looks like it .

groomer !!!

I figured out where you are in the first two pictures. The third one "where I talked about the stump" I could not figure that out, in fact I thought maybe you were sipping on some Gaspesie wine. LOL :wacko: Then I remember you tlking about hitting the top of the stump with the track of the groomer last winter. The top of the stump was close to 7' above the road surface. I will be there the first weekend in January, we will have a drink together!

:drinks:

just to add to my last post :

figured out why you can t figure out where is the clearcut .

you were probably sipping one of those brown bottles on the way up to the lake !!

ha !! ha !! ha !!!

groomer !!! :drinks:

nostalgy maybe ???

pics ,one year ago today ,first run on tq 5 down to the st fidele cable bridge .were nt even close to that right now .close to 6 '' of snow during the week end ,but this morning we ve got freezing rain for a few hrs .still waiting !!!

my sister and brother in law went up to the 41 miles on the truck logging road yesterday ,halfway toward la cache and there was 12-14 '' there .

groomer !!!

Hi Groomer,

Wow, suprised to see you out grooming already.

I did not recognize the first two pictures until you mentioned where they were. I thought that clear cut looked familiar. Wow, snow is looking good so far. I only have about 6" on the ground up at camp. Off in the woods there was about 8". Down in town, the ground is bare. Trails won't open until the 14th of December around here. They don't get reimbursed for grooming until then. WE NEED SNOW!!!!.

I hope to make it up your way at least once this winter.

Longriderss

Hi Groomer,

I did not recognize the first two pictures until you mentioned where they were. I thought that clear cut looked familiar. Wow, snow is looking good so far. I only have about 6" on the ground up at camp. Off in the woods there was about 8". Down in town, the ground is bare. Trails won't open until the 14th of December around here. They don't get reimbursed for grooming until then. WE NEED SNOW!!!!.

Longriderss

I think those pictures were from last year?

hi longriderss and gizz !!!

like gizz said ,pics from my first run last year .still waiting for snow here in town.we need a lot more because fields are very low ,it has been very windy in the past days.

still cloudy here ,we have nt seen much sunny days since moose hunting.

might go back to the camp this week .

pics : from last year , first run too !!!

groomer !!!

Hi Groomer,

Longriderss

Longriderss

The first two pics are coming up the hill from the Wardens camp just as you entered the Zec. Remember we crossed the bridge and the camp was right there where you had to sign in?