What's your favorite Quebec trail?

MichiganRev

I know everybody has many favorites, but what's one that stands out, weather it's the scenery, the width of the the trail, whatever. This might be a good way for others to find new areas to ride. We took the 595 in the Gaspe back in 2001, and I remember that being an excellent ride, very scenic. But one of my favorites now is the Trans-Quebec 93, in the Lac St. Jean area, starting from the local Shipshaw trail to Relais Lac Jalobert. We've run this stretch many times and it is always a great ride. This trail is always groomed A-1, very scenic, and very little traffic (during midweek). That's one of mine, what's yours?

here s a few pics from 595 m r !!!

on the last pic ,it s the mount logan.595 must be roughly 10 miles behind the clearcut on the right of the pic(middle).595 goes from the right to the left of the pic.faribault grand camp is behind that same clearcut too .

took the others pics from the bogan area ,it s situated between the faibault and la cache.in 00 i went on top of mount logan on april 28 .temp was around 20c + .later in may, i heard some guys were still sledding on may 14 !!!

groomer !!!

impossible to name one...there are too many.ABITIBI offers awesome trails such as 386 between villebois and Matagami. TQ 93 between LBQ and Senneterre 83 between Cadillac and Val d'Or for instance.......Beauce area offers some pretty nice trails as wellSaguenay also TQ 93 heading toward Sacré-Coeur(wow!!!!)Mauricie area: Private trail 369 between Pourvoirie Lac du Repos and Casey. fast your seatbelt!!and the list goes on...........

here s a few pics from 595 m r !!!

on the last pic ,it s the mount logan.595 must be roughly 10 miles behind the clearcut on the right of the pic(middle).595 goes from the right to the left of the pic.faribault grand camp is behind that same clearcut too .

took the others pics from the bogan area ,it s situated between the faibault and la cache.in 00 i went on top of mount logan on april 28 .temp was around 20c + .later in may, i heard some guys were still sledding on may 14 !!!

groomer !!!

a-w-e-s-o-m-e pics groomer.....every year we are suppose to go to Gaspésie but........ending up somewhere else

Groomer, great pics, it's been a few years since I was on the 595 but it sure made an impression. Yeah Mid Range I know it's hard to pick just one, but I was hoping to get feedback, just like you posted, to maybe hit some trails I might otherwise have not tried. Thanks!

thanks guys !!!

mid range ,gaspesie ,its a '' must '' do at least once in your life!!!

can t remember the year ,but on the first pic i ''landed '' just at the base of that mountain on the left side of the pic.looks like a huge icecream !!! we were lost !!! mount logan is just on the right .forgot to check ,595 is somewhere in the middle of the 2 pics.

third pic.mountain is on park matane, but 595 is just behind.mount nicol albert is not far on the left and its the 7 th pic on the other post .

groomer !!!

thanks guys !!!

mid range ,gaspesie ,its a '' must '' do at least once in your life!!!

Of course....the thing is,we like to leave from home.We would need trailers but we never need one back at home.But one day........We have to see our country :drinks:

This is easy for me to pick. Ever since the first time I rode this trail it became my favorite. It is a short stretch, only 65 miles. The trail has been groomed to perfection every time I travel it. I like it because it is a very fun trail with lots of sharp hills and corners. My favorite trail is the piece running between Baie Comeau and Godbout.

:yahoo::yahoo:

:good:

This is easy for me to pick. Ever since the first time I rode this trail it became my favorite. It is a short stretch, only 65 miles. The trail has been groomed to perfection every time I travel it. I like it because it is a very fun trail with lots of sharp hills and corners. My favorite trail is the piece running between Baie Comeau and Godbout.

Here is a shot on that trail from a few years ago We got stuck behind 8-10 sleds leaving the ferry for 3-5 miles. When they let us pass, this is what we had for what seemed to be forever!!! Perfection!

I have told my wife for years to spread my ashes on Trail 75 between the border and the first club house.

For me that was my first introduction to Quebec trails.

I also agree on the section of trail coming into Godbout. To me that was like riding the wild mouse at the fair.

I hit that section for the first time this year. It was also just groomed, so I strapped on the bumper cam. The conditions were so good I kept filming and also passed the groomer coming the other way. The section through the woods was long and straight, wide-open. Here's a small version of the video...still quite large:

http://sled.scorpion-bowl.com/rides/2006_0...r07/ender07.mpg

Bras Louis, La Cache and then the trail around Lac Vermont down the side of the Peribonka then west to Milot. It don't get no better. I know Phil1 loves Bras Louis especially after having his motor rebuilt, right Phil1.

You bet Bill, that is the trail I was thinking about. I will have a new track also this year, hold it wide open & see if I can blow the motor again.LOL

=@:vava:

scorpionbowl, I remember that stretch of TQ 5 in and around Mt. St. Pierre, very nice trail, scenery after a fresh snow, "priceless". doobraap, how much per sled to ferry across and how long does it take to cross? Thanks!

It was about $30 or so. You catch in in Matane on the south side and it brings you to either Godbout or Baie Comeau on the other side depending on the day. It's about a 2 hr ride. Very interesting to crash through the ice for a couple hrs. Definitly worth the trip.

http://www.quebecmaritime.ca/vacation-acti...rry_178_ang.cfm

• 3 weeks later...

I have a lot of favorites, but I'll never forget the ride between Baie Comeau and Godbout I did that in 02 :clapping::good: