Where is your favorite bar?

MCCDOO

We are sitting around talking about paradise, as the night comes to an end where do you like to go to have a cold one?

My favorite place is really any rustic type lodge, nice fire in the fireplace, some animal heads on the wall, a talkative Quebecois who is looking to practice his english on me. I always try to get some local history/customs of the area. I like Kanawata really nice place middle of nowhere a great host (Mario) and a couple of dogs for company. I have stayed there a few times overnight,passed through on trips and even spent a week there fishing for Walleye a few years back. Alot of interesting things can be learned when in Quebec. I found out last year that the name Relais 22 Milles is exactly that. 22 mile relay, when i asked why miles he told me the place was there before they had the metric system forced on them and the name stuck.---------------------------As far as "cold one" that is pretty much an operative term in Quebec as we always say they go to great lengths in the winter to keep their beer warm! :rofl::drinks:

My favorite place is really any rustic type lodge, nice fire in the fireplace, some animal heads on the wall, a talkative Quebecois who is looking to practice his english on me. I always try to get some local history/customs of the area. I like Kanawata really nice place middle of nowhere a great host (Mario) and a couple of dogs for company. I have stayed there a few times overnight,passed through on trips and even spent a week there fishing for Walleye a few years back. Alot of interesting things can be learned when in Quebec. I found out last year that the name Relais 22 Milles is exactly that. 22 mile relay, when i asked why miles he told me the place was there before they had the metric system forced on them and the name stuck.---------------------------As far as "cold one" that is pretty much an operative term in Quebec as we always say they go to great lengths in the winter to keep their beer warm! :rofl::drinks:

I agree! I love the rustic places or any place snowmobilers are staying. I meet new people everyplace I go and I think that is half the fun. You seem to meet new friends most places that you stay. Because of what we love to do you always have somthing in common with everybody you meet. Ho w can you go wrong in Quebec, great people and the best trails in the world. OH! Almost forgot. Kanawata been there 1 time, very nice place! We plan on stopping by ther this January.

I agree! I love the rustic places or any place snowmobilers are staying. I meet new people everyplace I go and I think that is half the fun. You seem to meet new friends most places that you stay. Because of what we love to do you always have somthing in common with everybody you meet. Ho w can you go wrong in Quebec, great people and the best trails in the world. OH! Almost forgot. Kanawata been there 1 time, very nice place! We plan on stopping by ther this January.

I think one of the best places was The Bistro in St.Zenon when Lee had the place. You could have your drink of choice along with a shot of Doctor which seemed to be Lee's favorite drink and would usually set you up a few times if you were a good customer like myself. The place also had excellent food and it didn't hurt that it was located right up the street from Louies's strip bar. I have also been known to have a few late night drinks with the Cabinon crew. We stayed at Kanawata in one of the cabins last year ( great place ). Also enjoy Real Masse, Coin Levine, Glaciare and we always have fun with Peter at Koebecs.

Edited by JimP

Been alot of great outposts and bars for me ,Lac Moreau Outfitter just off 83 north comes to mind, nice people, great bar pool table one of the nicer places to stay and eat.Another nice place with a big fireplace and use to have really good food when it was cooked on a heated stone when this older ladyowned it was/is Balbuzzard on 83 between Clova and Senneterre.Last would have to be camp Onatchiway great people neat place to get good food lots of stuff on the walls.

As far as the bar seen, i almost always seem to have a good time at the Cabanon. I also had some good nights at Real masse, one year I think New Years eve 2005 the owners and all the staff and almost every one staying there that night celebrated the new year with all the free champain you could drink. Too bad the beer was not free. Now if you are talking about places with good food I like the Burgers and fries at Repos, always good. Onatchaway is good and Koubecs used to have the best chili (I do not know if they still do it has been a while)

We are sitting around talking about paradise, as the night comes to an end where do you like to go to have a cold one?

Hey Jim, how about any place with cold beer, good tunes, and a hot a** waitress serving it steady! :drinks:

How about this location?

Favorite place to have a cold one is hands down

lac moreau in charlevoix great place #2 is 100lacs

#3 but #1 in gaspesie is chic-chocs love this place

Don't remember the name of the restaurant but Bill calls that ride the Clairmont express :drinks:

Zeusand

That restaurant is Le Evasion in Clermont. I was standing in the door way of the bar one day and the owner told me it's a good that the walls can't speak.

Bill

Zeusand

That restaurant is Le Evasion in Clermont. I was standing in the door way of the bar one day and the owner told me it's a good that the walls can't speak.

Bill

I'VE ALWAYS LIKED HAVING A FEW WITH THE LOCALS IN THE RELAYS DIRECTLY ON THE TRAIL IN AND AROUND THE PROVINCE,PREFERABLE IN THE LAC ST.JEAN REGION LOTS OF RELAYS CLOSE TOGETHER AND GREAT PEOPLE. TO REALLY NARROW IT DOWN IT WOULD BE HANDS DOWN AT CHEZ MAURICES. THAT'S WHAT I CALL THE PLACE TO ALL MY BUDDIES BUT THE REAL NAME IS DOMAINE DE LA CHUTE AT THE BASE OF MONT VALIN. :drinks:

Most anywhere (easy on the eyes) when I'm riding in Quebec, problem is getting away to ride.

Have to add this one to the list, Bar De Mait're, Bar Le etrange, and now the Gran galup again LOL

Edited by rfm