Quebec saddlebag trip from the perspective of a first-timer

rickzach

Thanks to the the riders that we met here, we had a great time. The photo and narrative content is much too long to post here so I have created a link. Includes pix of Saguenay Bill and a host of other characters.

Just be aware that it may take as long as 20-minutes to see the whole thing.

http://www.snodeo2go.com/quebec2010/

This is not a commercial web site... it is just my personal space.

Edited by rickzach

Nice pics + story Rick! You'll probably find these trips highly addictive - as most of us do!!

If you don't mind my asking, what program(s) did you use to create the presentation?

P.S. Thank you for voting for Scott Brown. Here's to hoping he makes the difference we all need now.

Thanks to the the riders that we met here, we had a great time. The photo and narrative content is much too long to post here so I have created a link. Includes pix of Saguenay Bill and a host of other characters.

Just be aware that it may take as long as 30-minutes to see the whole thing.

Excellent report Rick! I am almost ashamed at my reports after checking out your link. :good: Welcome to Quebec saddlebagging. I think by now you have found you are hooked. :yahoo: I have been saddlebagging since the early 90's although back then we called it "cross country trips" Also after a few trips you will get your gear down to the essentials, I travel on my Apex GT with just the deluxe saddlebags and a tank bag. :drinks:

Very nice...Riding elsewhere seems to make no sense...

Your pictures tell the real story, I was under the impression that conditions were not that good.

Nice pics + story Rick! You'll probably find these trips highly addictive - as most of us do!!

If you don't mind my asking, what program(s) did you use to create the presentation?

P.S. Thank you for voting for Scott Brown. Here's to hoping he makes the difference we all need now.

SONY DSC-828 Camera with ZIES lens

Paint Shop Pro Studio for photo prep (LOTS of prep)

FrontPage 2003 for web HTML

I actually know Scott's wife Gail Huff from when I worked at ch-5. I met Scott at a party three years ago. Seemed like a nice enough chap...

Hi Rick,

Sandi and I just viewed the presentation.

AWESOME! :clapping:

Very nicely done. Most of the time we don’t take the time to snap the photos to share. It is wonderful that you and Stan did stop to take the photos to post so others can see what draws us to Quebec every year.

Happy trails to you. :drinks:

Jack & Sandi

Holy crap! Great job! That's something to show my family and friends as its hard to describe a Quebec saddlebag trip. You did a great job!

Many thanks. That's exactly why I did it.

The pen is mightier than the throttle. The public perception of the sport is that of drunken jerks who go through the ice or smash into a tree while going way too fast. Sad to say: Darwinism works for a reason !

I came home... this time.

Edited by rickzach

Hi Rick,

Sandi and I just viewed the presentation.

AWESOME! :clapping:

Very nicely done. Most of the time we don’t take the time to snap the photos to share. It is wonderful that you and Stan did stop to take the photos to post so others can see what draws us to Quebec every year.

Happy trails to you. :drinks:

Jack & Sandi

We fixed that! With your permission, your pix of Mont Valin have been added to our trip's photo narrative on Day-3. Really wish that we could have seen it live...

We fixed that! With your permission, your pix of Mont Valin have been added to our trip's photo narrative on Day-3. Really wish that we could have seen it live...
Hi, I meet you on Little Squam last winter by the Ashland town beach. You were with your son or a famly member....I belive. I remember your Cronical hat. I run one of the small groomers around here. I see youve joined our club. Michael in Ashland NH

Hi, I meet you on Little Squam last winter by the Ashland town beach. You were with your son or a famly member....I belive. I remember your Cronical hat. I run one of the small groomers around here. I see youve joined our club. Michael in Ashland NH

Yes, I remember.

I join multiple clubs based upon merit, not nearby geography. Squam is a great club in a great area. I also went to the Kill Krew demo... someplace... that I won't admit to... I know NOTHING...

http://www.snodeo2go.com/killkrew.htm

Edited by rickzach

Yes, I remember.

I join multiple clubs based upon merit, not nearby geography. Squam is a great club in a great area. I also went to the Kill Krew demo... someplace... that I won't admit to... I know NOTHING...

http://www.snodeo2go.com/killkrew.htm

Yep I was there, Thats the season ending club party in Sandwitch notch. Nice too be young. They are good kids actually. They all raced at the Belmont dog track last weekend....... Rock maple racing. I ride mo-mo bikes with them in the summer on Weds nites.

Thanks for putting the Mont Valin pics in. Since these are new summit lookouts, most riders haven’t been to them yet. You really have to see them “live” to appreciate them. The club did a wonderful job of creating access trails. :good:

This is one of the aspects of snowmobiling that doesn’t get enough coverage.

Jack & Sandi :D

Just be aware that it may take as long as 20-minutes to see the whole thing.

Rick

I've been doing saddlebag trips in la belle province for over 30 years. Never have seen a better presentation that captures the essence of adventures in a winter wonderland. Hats off to a great job.

Each year many of us Quebec Riders are innundated with questions about our love for "doing stupid things in the bitter cold" when we could be basking in the Carribean Sun. Your presentation sums it up better than anything I have seen. I'm sending the link to snodeo2go to about 20 friends/family.

thanks

timbo

Rick

I've been doing saddlebag trips in la belle province for over 30 years. Never have seen a better presentation that captures the essence of adventures in a winter wonderland. Hats off to a great job.

Each year many of us Quebec Riders are innundated with questions about our love for "doing stupid things in the bitter cold" when we could be basking in the Carribean Sun. Your presentation sums it up better than anything I have seen. I'm sending the link to snodeo2go to about 20 friends/family.

thanks

timbo

WOW, thank you.

Here's another from NH just this weekend

http://www.zachfamily.net/2010/derby2010.htm

You did too great a job there Rick, the wife now wants us to take a longer holiday in Paradise next year so we can go saddlebagging !

Gary

U.K.

Thank you. NOW TO GET MY WIFE TO GO! (but we were engaged on snowmobiles a long time ago)

Thank you. NOW TO GET MY WIFE TO GO! (but we were engaged on snowmobiles a long time ago)

No problems for me there, We actually met snowmobiling - So she loves it as much as I do !

Only two more sleeps as the kids say and we are on our way out there - can't wait.

Gary :yahoo: