Hotel Copper Poor Customer Service

PMAC

Stayed here on Saturday night ,2nd and last stay at this Hotel .Restaurant is basically closed unless you go with package which only gave 2 choices and nothing we wanted so we said we’d eat at old church which is a great place to eat .Guy at front counter at Hotel when we checked in was owner and very rude and got worse when we decided not to get full package and then they don’t even offer breakfast.He said he has no staff and I see why if he’s like this with customers,I can only imagine what he is like to work for .The old church had at least 10 on staff that night and it was packed .I don’t think he is handling the new competition in town very well .Maybe he should of sold out as he had a monopoly in the town for decades.I hope ours had better experience.My wife was quite upset with how we were treated And the Hotel Copper will not be recommended by us .

Edited by PMAC

1 hour ago, PMAC said:

Stayed here on Saturday night ,2nd and last stay at this Hotel .Restaurant is basically closed unless you go with package which only gave 2 choices and nothing we wanted so we said we’d eat at old church which is a great place to eat .Guy at front counter at Hotel when we checked in was owner and very rude and got worse when we decided not to get full package and then they don’t even offer breakfast.He said he has no staff and I see why if he’s like this with customers,I can only imagine what he is like to work for .The old church had at least 10 on staff that night and it was packed .I don’t think he is handling the new competition in town very well .Maybe he should of sold out as he had a monopoly in the town for decades.I hope ours had better experience.My wife was quite upset with how we were treated And the Hotel Copper will not be recommended by us .

Great ! We have reservations for Wednesday next week 😡

I have never thought the owner had much of a personality. Half thought it was because we were English.  That said,  have stayed there on several occasions and sometimes down in the bar at night is an excellent atmosphere and he seemed quite hospitable.

We stopped in for lunch a few weeks ago. The mature waitress was great. She said when Covid came all the big city folk sold their expensive houses and came and bought up but was available since they were all now working from home. She said there’s no houses or rooms available for new people. Apparently they will start building new homes this year and maybe in time will help.  But the mine is also supposed to reopen again since prices are up. Can’t remember if it’s this or next year. All to say it’s not the destination for sledders  it use to be. He hasn’t added or changed anything in the museum either. Had to spend $10 to find that out. 😡

Always something or an adventure as some will say

Wow. That's hard to hear, because brothers Jacques & Bernard have always been first class with us.

I had a track fail just a few miles out. (Thanks again NH Moose for spotting it before it was too late!)

And Jaques was just about to give us the shirt off his back.

Offered us his truck and/or sled. Anything we needed so our trip wouldn't be spoiled.

Sure the decor isn't "modern". But the hotel & resto hospitality was always genuine.

I sure hope things get better for those guys.

In the past Jack was awesome. He was a great guy and we had a great time at Hotel Copper. Rooms were relatively clean, dated, simple and I always felt it was like staying at a rooming house. But definitely a fun place to come out of the snow. 

Sadly, I had a similar experience this week. He was short and irritated. Asked me if I knew what was happening in Quebec! ?? You have to take the package $169 each. Salmon or chicken croquet. I said we would rather just pay the room and order from the menu. He said there is no menu. 😞

The table of 4 guys beside us asked if they could start with a salad, they would be happy to pay. Well it was the same salad as on the plate. Lettuce and dressing. 

We ate, they basically shut the lights off and you feel like it’s time to go. I think it was jacks wife and daughter working. 

Last year our room had no hot water ( top of stairs king bed) and we were in a hurry so I brushed my teeth and sucked it up. This year, same room and no hot water. He was mad at me that I asked for a different room. We were speaking with others on the trail they said same thing. They complained and he said wait…45 minutes no hot water. 

Just a sad atmosphere. I would love to help support them but two years now. I am going to look for options. 

it would help if he wasn’t chain smoking in his office. 😞

Would love to hear suggestions. 

lindasledgirl

14 hours ago, lindasledgirl said:

Asked me if I knew what was happening in Quebec! ??

I've got the same question, but about the world in general?...

Anyone?...

Crud.

Good time to keep the faith, in the world in general, not easy for sure.

We know who Jacques & Co. are deep down, so cheers to hoping he & the crew pull thru & stick with being themselves.