No M20 & M21 Again this year

Je me souviens

M20 runs between 345 and 360 on the north side of the Mastigouche.  M21 is a spur off that.  I believe I’m correct in saying it at one time came out by the Windigo Outfitter. This screen shot is an approximation of where the trails are.http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_10/IMG_0177.thumb.jpeg.e9f5655c6f76f4645baed63031f663af.jpeg

4 hours ago, markusvt said:

I think...... I lost........ my will to live with this news 😜

Gut punch for sure. Let’s hope for next year. The longer it goes not open for us to use is bad. It could easily become history. 

1 hour ago, markusvt said:

I do, was AWESOME!

Yes indeed 

18 hours ago, dooright said:

Sure do ... 2004 or so 

Yeah for sure around there I am not sure to be honest which year was it’s last.

On 10/14/2023 at 11:25 AM, iceman said:

Remember the trail 347 to La Tuque? From Mattawin

Is that the one that had "Spencer" half way down the trail?

Back then the owner of Chez Marineau in La Tuque told us about this trail outside of town , directly to Matawin!

I remember it being awesome!

17 minutes ago, mcstar said:

Is that the one that had "Spencer" half way down the trail?

Back then the owner of Chez Marineau in La Tuque told us about this trail outside of town , directly to Matawin!

I remember it being awesome!

The trail came out right near where Odanak is in La Tuque i believe.

yes there was a relais there spencer maybe yes. Do not recall the name

i want to say Chez Black but i am not sure.

In 2006 we rode 347 on our way up to Roberval.  I would say about 10 miles before Odanak there was an open stream crossing.  There was a guy on a Yamaha sitting on the other side. He stopped us and told us not to cross.  His sled picked up the perfect size rock to wedge between the track and the forward bulkhead of his tunnel. We crossed on the ice of a little pond and stopped to help him out.  There were eight of us plus him.  We worked at it for about an hour but could not get that damn rock out of there.  Tried to remove the axle but did not have the right tools to do it.  He had sent the two guys he was riding with to La Tuque to get a hammer and a bar and said they should be back anytime.  One of our guys had a couple of beers in his saddlebag leftover from the night before.  We gave him one, and told him if we didn’t see his buddies by the time we got to La Tuque we would come back and get him.  About three miles later we met his buddies on their way back for the rescue.  Long story, but I have think about that trail every time we pass through. Too bad we lose those trails.  

6 hours ago, GSX800 said:

In 2006 we rode 347 on our way up to Roberval.  I would say about 10 miles before Odanak there was an open stream crossing.  There was a guy on a Yamaha sitting on the other side. He stopped us and told us not to cross.  His sled picked up the perfect size rock to wedge between the track and the forward bulkhead of his tunnel. We crossed on the ice of a little pond and stopped to help him out.  There were eight of us plus him.  We worked at it for about an hour but could not get that damn rock out of there.  Tried to remove the axle but did not have the right tools to do it.  He had sent the two guys he was riding with to La Tuque to get a hammer and a bar and said they should be back anytime.  One of our guys had a couple of beers in his saddlebag leftover from the night before.  We gave him one, and told him if we didn’t see his buddies by the time we got to La Tuque we would come back and get him.  About three miles later we met his buddies gs you never forgeton their way back for the rescue.  Long story, but I have think about that trail every time we pass through. Too bad we lose those trails.  

We had the same thing happen in Northern Ontario years ago. It was about 50 miles from a town in either direction so we fought with it for 2 hours before it rolled out. One of those sled happenings you never forget.

8 hours ago, GSX800 said:

In 2006 we rode 347 on our way up to Roberval.  I would say about 10 miles before Odanak there was an open stream crossing.  There was a guy on a Yamaha sitting on the other side. He stopped us and told us not to cross.  His sled picked up the perfect size rock to wedge between the track and the forward bulkhead of his tunnel. We crossed on the ice of a little pond and stopped to help him out.  There were eight of us plus him.  We worked at it for about an hour but could not get that damn rock out of there.  Tried to remove the axle but did not have the right tools to do it.  He had sent the two guys he was riding with to La Tuque to get a hammer and a bar and said they should be back anytime.  One of our guys had a couple of beers in his saddlebag leftover from the night before.  We gave him one, and told him if we didn’t see his buddies by the time we got to La Tuque we would come back and get him.  About three miles later we met his buddies on their way back for the rescue.  Long story, but I have think about that trail every time we pass through. Too bad we lose those trails.  

Certainly one to remember for sure.