Must See Destinations?

Noreaster

I am in the early stages of planning some Quebec trips with my wife. We traditionally ride Vermont and Maine. She is good for 200-250 miles a day. What are some must see attractions that we can plan trips around? Views, vistas, caves, pieces of history, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Everyone has there favourite areas of Quebec , here’s some of ours.

1. Gaspe Bay, I would say the most scenic region of Quebec. The loop shown on the map would be a 5-6 day trip. Every day is scenic riding . 

2. Quebec City- Lac St Jean-Mont Valin also a great ride with lots of scenic areas. Loop l show here is trip my wife and l did last March. If you want more miles then include a loop around Lac St Jean, if going around the lake be sure to include riding trail 373 north of the lake.

IMG_8048.png

IMG_0749.png

27 minutes ago, Noreaster said:

La Pocatiere as potential launch sites.

It depends how much time you have and what you are looking for. Personally, If you are going to Gaspe and sticking to trail 5 east from Pocatiere, there really isn't alot of good scenery until the Matane area.  If your time is limited I would suggest a Rimouski or Mont Joli start. JMHO

Saint Donat.  Some good lookouts there.  Can catch the St Come ice festival if you go mid February which is nearby.  Also Devils Mountain and Windigo Chutes.  Book at one of the nicer outfitters in the area.  Ice Hotel is a good spot if in Quebec City.  It's not trail accessible though.

The ‘must see’ list for me includes many of the snowmobile club clubs trail side where they have a place to stop and take in the local feel. So sometimes food, sometimes drink, sometimes a fireplace or wood stove…every one different. It is what we love when you are riding the best trails and nature around in between them.

Some are really nice, some simple with folding tables and chairs…some couches, some have a bar with stools, some are along roads and the public drive there too…some remote…but all different. Many have great trail food, some local foods, sandwiches, soups, poutine, sweets, a cold beer or hot coffee. Generally surprisingly good. People running them are nice. Always a treat for us to experience (and support) them.

EastMark's  thinking is right on.  I am along the same lines. Follow the food trail around Quebec.  A scenic mountain sight can't compare to a bowl of hot Poutine on the table encompassing all your senses of pleasure.  Ten years later you won't even remember where that scenic mountain was, but eat Quebec food and you'll remember the where, the when, and who you were with.

Oh, and don't forget to try the crepes!!!

3 hours ago, mikerider said:

EastMark's  thinking is right on.  I am along the same lines. Follow the food trail around Quebec.  A scenic mountain sight can't compare to a bowl of hot Poutine on the table encompassing all your senses of pleasure.  Ten years later you won't even remember where that scenic mountain was, but eat Quebec food and you'll remember the where, the when, and who you were with.

Oh, and don't forget to try the crepes!!!

Wow, man how true! I remember so many great meals,people and places that we’ve been to over the years.