We roll again

Waking up at Lac Chapeau de Paille this a.m. to still warm temps and a dusting of snow overnight 

We are pleasantly surprised for some reason the internet is working here. Mon ami Andre bought this antenna booster thing 4-5 years ago and we could get texts (no pics) and even a voice conversation out sometimes. That is when it worked. Sometimes it would stop for a day or two at a time. Now all of a sudden we are getting full blown data through. Still a little spotty but as you can see I’m getting stuff out. My theory is with all the logging going on up here the last couple years the logging company brought in a portable site and did what they needed to do so their workers have communication in the bush. Andre thinks that’s not it. I guess we’ll know whenever they pull out of this area it suddenly stops one day. In any event…..it’s the best thing since sliced bread.

We are heading over to the Giraldo dam from here at 10:00 to meet an old friend and his dad. From there we are thinking about heading up to Kanawata for lunch and back down to Lac Chapeau for another night before heading on our trip north and east for the week.

IMG_8711.jpeg

12 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Fabulous day. Funny shit # 1 

an axle just laying in the road about 3 miles east of the Gilardo dam laying in the road all by itself 

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2024_01/IMG_8715.thumb.jpeg.0a189d5330ee644eb27921c53c02db16.jpeg

Not something you want to come across at night 😳

And who leaves that in the middle of the road ?

And BTW…..I saw those “chicken sandwich “ thingies go by to other tables on a plate with pale looking fries

they looked like those little frozen patties you throw in the microwave for 60 seconds because your wife isn’t getting home till late.

30 minutes later we take off and only get 5-6 miles and he’s dead on the trail

note to self….groomer stuck over blind hill……..

He blew a hose and puked coolant alll over trail

fixed hose but didn’t have enough coolant to refill

so…….

mon ami Andre back tracked to his house (just west of Gilardo) and told his wife and friend as his sat phone wasn’t working 

IMG_8757.jpeg

Anyhooooo………

got Christian squared away with help coming and bombed the rest of the way back into camp.

told Christian I want the trail “ like a fucking bowling alley” when we pull up on the 345 tomorrow morning heading north out of camp

he assured me we would be pleased 

back at camp having shrimp/pasta/veggie souflet 

31 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

And BTW…..I saw those “chicken sandwich “ thingies go by to other tables on a plate with pale looking fries

they looked like those little frozen patties you throw in the microwave for 60 seconds because your wife isn’t getting home till late.

We unfortunately had lunch there twice last week. The best part of lunch was the 2 cute waitress.

According to the trail update this a.m. the groomer never moved from yesterday’s breakdown 5 miles before the Gilardo dam

i guess we’ll find out soon as we are leaving camp soon and heading north 

looking forward to my Kanawata Club sandwich for lunch and we just made reservations at the Gouin for tonight 

15 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

I prefer the dark/long haired “thicker” one versus the skinny one

but that’s just me

And Me ! !