2012 Trail Conditions

Saguenay Bill

Bill, thanks again for a great week up there. We had a blast riding with you and the Gutz brothers. Sorry one of them got hurt pulling Nigel out. We left at 6 this morning and got back at 5pm, not bad considering we had to return Nigels sled to SMSport in St Foy. Next year we rent from Evasion. It was great to see you and the rest of you family while we were there. I hope you got to taste the pulled pork I left for you, your English friends and Mrs Bill were conspiring on how to hide it from you!

PS, in the future please try to avoid being towed by Brian it could be hazardous to your health! LOL

JToys

It was my pleasure to ride with Team Butt Paste again. I tasted the Pulled Pork, it was GREAT. Thanks for leaving for me.

I hope I won't have to get towed again, especially by Brain but also heard you are quite the speedy tower as well. GO GIANTS!

Bill

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is your mileage so far this year Bill? Must be pretty high. Any problems with the sled so far?

Really miss not getting up and riding with you.

mike

Hi Mike

8130 so far. The 1200 has 11,000+ on it. No problem that wasn't self inflicked. Great sled. Absolutely love it. Air shock is really nice. Wish you were up here.

Bill

Bill, glad you all enjoyed the food. My family has requested that I make it for them, so I will be having it again soon. Next year I will be sure to bring extra!! Didn't sleep well last night, thinking about paradise too much I suppose?

Today Bobo27, Jeff and I did "The Tour du Lac St Jean". Trails this morning were good but this afternoon with all the traffic they turned into a usual Sat afternoon. It snowed about 3" here in town and any where from 6 to 12" out of town. Getting colder and wind is coming up tonight. Did 235 miles.

What a difference a day makes. Today the high temp was +10F. Trails were great, low traffic, it don't get no better. We rode 125 miles, wanted to get back to watch the 500. Didn't know it was in rain delay until we had sled put away, snowmobile clothes taken off and then turned on the TV.

Edited by Saguenay Bill

Hi Bill,

Sandi and I made it back to CT safe and sound. A little problem with the truck on the way home though. About 40 miles from Jopnquiere, the service engine light came on and the truck lost power, protection mode. After a little thinking, I dumped a liter of diesel quick thaw anti-gel into the tank that I carry with me. It took about 15 minutes for the quick thaw to work but it fixed the problem.

I always add a little additive to each fill up of diesel and the last fill up was in Jonquiere when we got there last week. The diesel up there shouldn't gel but I think that is what happened. It was -18C when it gelled.

The truck ran fine after that. Time to replace the fuel filter again, just in case there is any moisture in it.

Jack & Sandi

Bill we made it back home safe a sound! Thanks again for riding with us around the lake and for our short trip to Scooby's on Sunday.

The ride back to Saint Raymond was AWESOME! We left the HS at 8 am we started down what I call the fast way home - 383 to 368 to 23 all were freshly groomed, flat and fast! We ran the 90 odd miles down to the Relais in Mont Apica and fueled up the sleds. From there we headed down 23 toward L'Estape this end of 23 had not been groomed but it was still in good shape. We then turned down the new trail that runs from 23 over to Lac Edward. This trail was rough, not groomed and in spots about 1' of fresh snow. I will say this if that trail would have been groomed it is a very nice view. From 23 to where it hits 355 it is about 40 miles. We got to 355 and again hit perfect trails, freshly groomed and all the snow you could ask for. We ran 355 south to "Guiland" for gas and lunch. We got there around 1 pm with 180 miles on.

From there we took 355 south across the lake to the local trail that runs past The Trapper, just before the Trapper there were 2-3 Moose that had just crossed the trail before we got there you could see them looking back at us from in the woods.

The local trail again was a bit rough but when we dumped out on to 73 south it was again in perfect shape. In total it was 270 miles back to the truck and what a nice ride we got in at 5pm. The drive home was less then fun snow the entire trip back to the boarder then someone shut off the snow! Funny thing is I pulled into my driveway and guess what was on the TV! Hmm lost a Sunday ride and got to see the race at home.

It was great seeing everyone at the hotel and sharing stories. Looking forward to the next trip hope the snow sticks around so I can get one more run in this year.

All the best

Bob

Bill we made it back home safe a sound! Thanks again for riding with us around the lake and for our short trip to Scooby's on Sunday.

The ride back to Saint Raymond was AWESOME! We left the HS at 8 am we started down what I call the fast way home - 383 to 368 to 23 all were freshly groomed, flat and fast! We ran the 90 odd miles down to the Relais in Mont Apica and fueled up the sleds. From there we headed down 23 toward L'Estape this end of 23 had not been groomed but it was still in good shape. We then turned down the new trail that runs from 23 over to Lac Edward. This trail was rough, not groomed and in spots about 1' of fresh snow. I will say this if that trail would have been groomed it is a very nice view. From 23 to where it hits 355 it is about 40 miles. We got to 355 and again hit perfect trails, freshly groomed and all the snow you could ask for. We ran 355 south to "Guiland" for gas and lunch. We got there around 1 pm with 180 miles on.

From there we took 355 south across the lake to the local trail that runs past The Trapper, just before the Trapper there were 2-3 Moose that had just crossed the trail before we got there you could see them looking back at us from in the woods.

The local trail again was a bit rough but when we dumped out on to 73 south it was again in perfect shape. In total it was 270 miles back to the truck and what a nice ride we got in at 5pm. The drive home was less then fun snow the entire trip back to the boarder then someone shut off the snow! Funny thing is I pulled into my driveway and guess what was on the TV! Hmm lost a Sunday ride and got to see the race at home.

It was great seeing everyone at the hotel and sharing stories. Looking forward to the next trip hope the snow sticks around so I can get one more run in this year.

All the best

Bob

Bob

Sounds like a great ride. We also ran 83 to 213 to 368. I could see your tracks on 368 as only 2 sleds had been on it when we got to it. All trails were freshly groomed. Great seeing you and Jeff.

Yesterday Snowmogary, SnowMouse and I only rode a 1/2 day as they had to return the rental sleds to Evasion. I rode 110 miles on great trails. Picked up Snowmogary and Snow Mouse at Evasion with my truck, had dinner with them last night and we took them to the bus station this morning. They are going to Montreal by bus and then fly back to London.

Today I am doing maintenance on my 09 and then going to take my wife out for the afternoon. She and Greta have been in the hotel since Feb 06. What a wife I have.

All the best

Bob

That new trail from L'Etape to Lac Edouard was about the same last weekend, so I guess it doesn't get groomed often. You were lucky on the 355 north of Lac Edouard, that was as bad as you can get last week. FYI, Apica to Goeland is 120 miles.

Yesterday Snowmogary, SnowMouse and I only rode a 1/2 day as they had to return the rental sleds to Evasion. I rode 110 miles on great trails. Picked up Snowmogary and Snow Mouse at Evasion with my truck, had dinner with them last night and we took them to the bus station this morning. They are going to Montreal by bus and then fly back to London.

Today I am doing maintenance on my 09 and then going to take my wife out for the afternoon. She and Greta have been in the hotel since Feb 06. What a wife I have.

Yes you are a blest man Bill, you know what they say "behind every good man.....", and tell JD thanks for sharing you with all of of us sledheads. I think I can speak for most and say we appreciate all you do for the sport, you get my vote for the number 1 Ambassador of Snowmobling. Tell JD hi, and thanks for taking the time to post, I read them every day.

Dave

Edited by MichiganRev

Once again Bill many thanks for your's and JD's hospitality throughout our holiday. We had a 'brilliant' time as usual but it all went too fast! Great riding with you and for JD keeping Pat company while we did so! Next year I look forward to a 'round the lake' trip with you.

It was good to meet up with old friends there and also to make new ones and listen to all their stories.

Thanks to everyone who made our trip so good, hope to repeat it next year.

Gary (and Pat)

All the best

Bob

Bob

Is the trail to 355 off 23 marked? How far is it from Mont Apica? Guys want to go that way and are asking me this question.

Bill

Hi Bill,

When Sandi and I came from Roberval, we rode south on 355 and then across the new connecting trail and then 23 north to L'Etape. This is the opposite of what your guys are going to do. When we hit trail 23, it clearly was an intersection with a stop sign on the park roads. I'm pretty sure there was an informational sign there which would have been for Lac Edouard, Lac Bouchette.

I think the new trail is about 15 miles south of L'Etape. There is also about 5 miles of trail that is the cul de sac to L'Etape. The new connecting trail is about 40 miles and then another 25 miles to Lac Edouard. Bob may have taken better notes than I did. I only noted 120 miles from Lac Bouchette to L'Etape.

On another topic, Jason and I are leaving CT tonight around 9 PM. We should arrive at the HS for breakfast if the roads are good.

Keep the coffee hot and we will see you for breakfast.

Jack & Jason :)

Today I left the HS at 8:15, went 383-23 to Ski Bee Doo for a coffee and then 23 to Jct of 93 and local trail. Took local trail to Labrecque. Then 328 to local trail that connects to 367. Then 367 to Scooby Raid for lunch. Then 367 to local trails back to 93. Then local trails to St Charles, cross river to Local trails to 383 and back to the HS. got back at 3;15. Did 175 miles. Trails were great. High temp today was +20F.

Bob

Is the trail to 355 off 23 marked? How far is it from Mont Apica? Guys want to go that way and are asking me this question.

Bill

Yes it is marked and it's about 10-15 miles south of L'Etape on 23 a right hand turn