Good luck to our friends on the East Coast!

lindasledgirl

Made it they the storm here in Fogelsville, Pa

Power has been out since late last night

Lost about a 2 dozen pine trees.

But no damage to any buildings. Just some exercise to clean it up

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No damages in my area, just strong winds...

Images from new york city and new jersey are scary, what a mess...

Glad to read that nobody here have been hurt...

I hope the power will be restore soon for those who are still in the dark

good luck for the clean up before all freeze up

Alain

No damage here, other than some branches that fell down. A tree is leaning on a neighbors house, but don't expect much damage. Close call.

Local streets were empty, strange for rush hour on a Monday night.

Crazysnow, give me a call. Check your mailbox for my number.

Edited by hparaptor

I still have no power , it's snuggle time. But I'm thankful I still have a house and no damage

Later from the Crazy. !!!!

Remember what i said about the '98 icestorm, 9 monthes later baby boom. This kind've thing doesn't happen during the catastrafy but happens when waiting for days for the power to come back on. LOL.....STIRCRAZY

That's what i meant Linda. LOL...Big families from our previous generation, my mom comes from a family of 8 kids and were all made/raised with no electricity.

Check your messages bud!!!

Remember what i said about the '98 icestorm, 9 monthes later baby boom. This kind've thing doesn't happen during the catastrafy but happens when waiting for days for the power to come back on. LOL.....STIRCRAZY

That's what i meant Linda. LOL...Big families from our previous generation, my mom comes from a family of 8 kids and were all made/raised with no electricity.

Check your messages bud!!!

Jeesh....That's what happens in this snowmobile business...I get my ride all organized and someone gets their wife pregnant!

Get the power back on!!

I posted yesterday morning. After that, I watched the news about NJ and NY and was thinking to myself...this storm is really nothing here. Its really not even news.

Now I am very sad to report....one of our hydro workers died at 10am and thankfully not one of my boys. It was nonetheless a very very tough call...I had just listened to the sirens (not knowing he died two blocks from me) and though they must have brought in every emergency service in Sarnia!

Dead, touched the wrong wire.

Lots of training, safety meetings, years of service...just a mistake.

Just became a grandpa, one daughter still in high school. Gone. And the worker with him will never be the same.

Still lots of power to restore out here and now a devastated group to finish up.

Life is precious, can be too short and yes...we all say 'be careful' and all that...but I for one, don't really pay much attention. This accident was way too close to me. I got the call and felt that 'oh my God' panic.

BE CAREFUL and HUG EVERYONE TODAY!

Linda

Well its Wendsday night and still no power. The lineman from Indiana have just arrived. Hopefully another day or so. There's probably at least 8 poles snapped on my street alone. Have about 5 gallons of fuel left for the generator. The lines for fuel at the few stations open is unbelievable ! At least 75 cars waiting at each station. I'll siphon fuel out of the suburban before I deal with that. Linda, sorry to hear about the lineman, that is one dangerous job. That's it for now, fire going, candles lit, actually not bad!

Still have no power. But we're hanging in there. Going to be a rough week.

things will get on the road to recovery soon. Ive lived through many of these and understand you just want your reg day to day. Look at the bright side I didnt have power for 3 weeks after andrew. It wont be that long for you.

On a side not crazy how far are you from the allentown area? My son and I will be landing noon Black friday maybe lunch could be worked out.

Edited by rmk

Mother Nature is awesome (not necessarily in good ways).

All good in Scarsdale NY (10 miles nord of NYC). Very fortunate compared to many others.

Blacked out @ home but Home Depot's last generator is purring like a kitten (there was almost a fist fight on line to pay for it on Saturday). We had enough/half utilities at the office for business as usual as of Wednesday.

The amount of trees and power lines down is unreal. It's gonna take a long time to restore (wishing all linemen and timbermen safety).

Bottom line: There's no substitute for proper storm preparedness!...

Is anyone interested in a "compact" car?...

Photo of a Jersey Shore boardwalk pier from Lord Obama's chopper? The news was debating his storm response approval rating? How about some leadership and looseining up the oil reserves to keep gas prices normal and offset the closure of the refineries, and the extra use of generators, and the extra use of driving around like a mouse in a maze to get to work, and the extra use of WAITING ON LINE TO GET GAS?!...

OK, i feel better now... Deep cleansing breaths... In through the nose... Out through the mouth...

I posted yesterday morning. After that, I watched the news about NJ and NY and was thinking to myself...this storm is really nothing here. Its really not even news.

Now I am very sad to report....one of our hydro workers died at 10am and thankfully not one of my boys. It was nonetheless a very very tough call...I had just listened to the sirens (not knowing he died two blocks from me) and though they must have brought in every emergency service in Sarnia!

Dead, touched the wrong wire.

Lots of training, safety meetings, years of service...just a mistake.

Just became a grandpa, one daughter still in high school. Gone. And the worker with him will never be the same.

Still lots of power to restore out here and now a devastated group to finish up.

Life is precious, can be too short and yes...we all say 'be careful' and all that...but I for one, don't really pay much attention. This accident was way too close to me. I got the call and felt that 'oh my God' panic.

BE CAREFUL and HUG EVERYONE TODAY!

Linda

Linda,

My thoughts and prayers go to the utility worker's family. That shouldn't have happened and am sorry to hear of it.

Mike

Photo of a Jersey Shore boardwalk pier from Lord Obama's chopper? The news was debating his storm response approval rating? How about some leadership and looseining up the oil reserves to keep gas prices normal and offset the closure of the refineries, and the extra use of generators, and the extra use of driving around like a mouse in a maze to get to work, and the extra use of WAITING ON LINE TO GET GAS?!...

OK, i feel better now... Deep cleansing breaths... In through the nose... Out through the mouth...

Starting to feel the pressure here. Long lines at the pump by my office. Not too bad at home, but expect my local station will run out as people spread out to get fuel. I'm making plans on working from home next week. To make matters worse, another storm is in the works for early next week... When is the world supposed to end?