grumpysanta

WELL AT LEAST BRP WAS LISTENING .. LIGHT WEIGHT AND MED HORSEPOWER with ther new 900 /3 cyl. eco. ACE , fly by wire sleds . hope to hear good things from this combo . NO PRICE YET . LOTS OF ACCESSORIES... now if only Yamaha heard the same thing, but no . Just another expensive sled.

we are being ripped off ,, I just checked yesterday to prove a point . 2013 . yamaha nitro xtx. msrp $14000 sold in canada for about $13000 .. the whole sale price for a dealer to buy it used is wait $6500. in blue book .. is that a kick in the teeth . how could you face your customer ??? so much for high resale value for quality...

Brion Grumpy Santa

Considering my BRP dealer would not even take my 2011 e tec gade 800 on trade Yamaha is doing a good job. I paid $12,299 + for my sled FULL RETAIL and they won't give me anything in return 2.3 years and 8,500 miles later.

Not sure I will trade this year now...didn't see anything I have to have, but I do miss my shorty.

Anyone want to trade? lol

Brion Grumpy Santa

Considering my BRP dealer would not even take my 2011 e tec gade 800 on trade Yamaha is doing a good job. I paid $12,299 + for my sled FULL RETAIL and they won't give me anything in return 2.3 years and 8,500 miles later.

If it makes you feel better ,I wouldn't give you anything for it either!

DOO 4 i am looking it up i am interested... dealers have lots of new leftovers...prices too high people are not stupid to pay that for 1500km ayear .. phil you have to buy a sled that lasts more than 2 .3 years lol. used sleds hard to sell in usa.. canadians go south to buy new sleds and americans come north to sell their used sleds

read through the original thread that is now locked and not sure where the brand bashing jumps out. gizz is the first o mention but no one accused him of it. the funny thing the thread was started by yammy riders and they/we were complaining about our own brand. i love ow i can be told how my sled is too heavy and dont ride for crap but i cant point out any other sleds shortcomings.

read through the original thread that is now locked and not sure where the brand bashing jumps out. gizz is the first o mention but no one accused him of it. the funny thing the thread was started by yammy riders and they/we were complaining about our own brand. i love ow i can be told how my sled is too heavy and dont ride for crap but i cant point out any other sleds shortcomings.

You better re-read from the top and put brand or ownership aside. I don't think the bashing was referring to anything i said. I thought that entire thread was civil, just some good debate on the general forum but it's fine. Let's just move on.

Edited by gizz

You better re-read from the top and put brand or ownership aside. I don't think the bashing was referring to anything i said. I thought that entire thread was civil, just some good debate on the general forum but it's fine. Let's just move on.

Sorry Gizz not accusing you of bashing at all I think you mis understood my position. I did re read the thread from the top that is why I posted that. I feel exactly how you do just some good debate and very civil and no reason to shut it down. Sorry took so long to reply just got back from a week in Maine lots of snow but a little too warm.

Sorry Gizz not accusing you of bashing at all I think you mis understood my position. I did re read the thread from the top that is why I posted that. I feel exactly how you do just some good debate and very civil and no reason to shut it down. Sorry took so long to reply just got back from a week in Maine lots of snow but a little too warm.

Was thinking about Maine myself for a short trip mid march but we are hoping Gaspe is still good 3rd week of March.

It gets thin in towns but usually the riding is still very good. We'll find snow somewhere. Maine is actually a longer drive for us so if it holds we may just go to Shawinigan and figure it out from there.

Was thinking about Maine myself for a short trip mid march but we are hoping Gaspe is still good 3rd week of March.

It gets thin in towns but usually the riding is still very good. We'll find snow somewhere. Maine is actually a longer drive for us so if it holds we may just go to Shawinigan and figure it out from there.

Yea drive sucks for sure 760 miles from my house to the place we stayed at near Madawaska. Can drive to RDL in less time but it is a fun trip we rent a house for the week and do day loops lots of trails in the county

Brion Grumpy Santa Considering my BRP dealer would not even take my 2011 e tec gade 800 on trade Yamaha is doing a good job. I paid $12,299 + for my sled FULL RETAIL and they won't give me anything in return 2.3 years and 8,500 miles later.

I don't think two many dealers would with a cracked tunnel. My dealer wants my 12' 1200 GSX with 6500 miles as soon as possible!

I don't think two many dealers would with a cracked tunnel. My dealer wants my 12' 1200 GSX with 6500 miles as soon as possible!

Tunnel was repaired by Doo to their specifications. If the repair was good enough for me why should they not trade? The Doo rep at the demo ride said "Oh a 2011".

What you thinking of getting Jim?

I rode the Viper LTX nice sled but it was a PROTOTYPE not calibrated at all. I will wait a year before I purchase.

Looking at left over 2012 or 2013 for next year...

Tunnel was repaired by Doo to their specifications. If the repair was good enough for me why should they not trade? The Doo rep at the demo ride said "Oh a 2011". What you thinking of getting Jim? I rode the Viper LTX nice sled but it was a PROTOTYPE not calibrated at all. I will wait a year before I purchase. Looking at left over 2012 or 2013 for next year...

I've actually deceided to keep it another year, nothing interesting from Doo. 6500 miles is nothing for the 1200. I'm going to swap out the shocks for next year, maybe a pb80. I bet that tunnel cracked on that steep embankment last year, that was the side against the tree. Moroneys has 2 leftover 1200 X packages, might be able to get a good deal.