Last Run for the Season!!

MrGutz

We were planning to try the Gaspe..... then it melted....

So... not being familiar with the West, this is our plan.

Motel Safari to Hotel Chateau Roberval

Roberval to "Parent" (Suggestions on place to stay)

Parent to Comfort Inn in Mt Laurier

Mt Laurier to Shawinigan

Any suggestions on places to stay, or stay away from....

It appears each leg is 200ish miles. Trying to get familiar with the area.

Thanks

GutZ

We were planning to try the Gaspe..... then it melted.... So... not being familiar with the West, this is our plan. Motel Safari to Hotel Chateau Roberval Roberval to "Parent" (Suggestions on place to stay) Parent to Comfort Inn in Mt Laurier Mt Laurier to Shawinigan Any suggestions on places to stay, or stay away from.... It appears each leg is 200ish miles. Trying to get familiar with the area. Thanks GutZ

Mont Laurier was thin 2 weeks ago when we rode through. In parent it's Hotel Central. I wouldnt go near Laurier, I would come down through Kanawata to repos and back East to shawinigan.

I don' know how many days you have, but I would do Shawinigan to Roberval, Roberval to Chiboug, Chiboug to Lac Fallion, Fallion to kanawata, back to shawinigan, about 1250 miles, I think thats where the best snow will be.

Edited by Jackstraw

Tons of snow last week all the way!...

Day 1, Mon 3/4) Lac St Jean, M2, M3, 23e, 360w, 355n, lunch @ Lac Edouard, local to 73, 355n, 83e, 373n, local to hotel: 250 miles

Chateau Roberval 1225 Marcotte Boul, Roberval,‎ (800) 661-7611, (418) 275-7511 www.chateau-roberval.qc.ca

Route: http://www.viaexplora.com/snowmobile/index.html?attraits=&unit=km&lat=47.597186&lng=-72.271867&zoom=7&force=1&ewaypoints=4653808,-7275696,7953,8755,30180,-2053,71221,38308,62489,9639,26760,-2316&cst=1.0,1.01,1.05&csts=1.0&cstr=1.01&spd=50000,50000,50000

Day 2, Tues 3/5) Roberval to Saw Mill thru Lac a Jim to Dolbeau: 250’ish, 373n, local w, 93nw to sawmill, 93se

http://www.viaexplora.com/snowmobile/index.html?attraits=&unit=km&lat=48.774870&lng=-72.694093&zoom=9&force=1&ewaypoints=4852479,-7223030,45515,-111262,8405,68050,-20430,43521&cst=1.0,1.01,1.05&csts=1.0&cstr=1.01&spd=50000,50000,50000

Auberge Diligence, 414 avenue de la Friche, Dolbeau-Mistassini G8L 3M7, (418) 276-6544, www.hotelier.qc.ca/ladiligence/en/

Day 3, Wed 3/6) Dolbeau to Scooby to Windigo: 280’ish, 93se, 367se to Scooby, local nw, 93nw, 373s, 83w

http://www.viaexplora.com/snowmobile/index.html?attraits=&unit=mi&lat=48.346564&lng=-72.327768&zoom=8&force=1&ewaypoints=4886291,-7222137,-2982,80921,8580,-55928,-115371,-134033&cst=1.0,1.01,1.05&csts=1.0&cstr=1.01&spd=50000,50000,50000

Martine and Daniel @ Pourvoirie Windigo, Case postale 583, La Tuque (Québec) G9X 3P4, 819-523-8181, www.pourvoiriewindigo.com

Day 4, Thurs 3/7) Windigo thru La Tuque to Clem’s to Shawini: 250’ish, across lac or back through Relais 22, to 73 se, 353s, 23w, 302s, 351sw, 3w

http://www.viaexplora.com/snowmobile/index.html?attraits=&unit=mi&lat=47.676092&lng=-73.010809&zoom=9&force=1&ewaypoints=4776887,-7332275,-71465,121124,-44251,-51808,-7363,-12462&cst=1.0,1.01,1.05&csts=1.0&cstr=1.01&spd=50000,50000,50000

In and out of Roberval was absolutely no problem last week. Staying west and north of lac St-Jean is the ticket.

But if you do go to Laurier be careful water skipping the stream behind the resto across the street from the gas in St Michelle. And that was a month ago!

Gutz

Heres my view

Shawinagan to Barrage Gouin http://www.barragego...om/index-en.php

Mauricie river trail, 36 west, M20, 345 to Repos, local to Kanawata continue to 83 then west to Gouin east trial north

Barrage Goiun to Mekoos http://www.mekoos.ca/

Gouin west trail south to 83 then west to Parent, 13 south to Club Scott then local trail into Saint Anne du Lac, 319 to Mekoos.

Mekoos to Windigo www.pourvoiriewindigo.com

319 , 53, 33 to Repos, Kanawata trail to 83 east to Windigo trail south

Windigo to Shawinagan

Cross reservoir to 73, 355, 351, your back

Lots of options Good luck

JG

Gutz I saw ADMDQ post this this AM on FB...Might want to make some phone calls.

A total of 25 to 35 mm of rain fall de l'Estrie Charlevoix passing by the Côte-nord and Gaspésie. North of Quebec City and Charlevoix regions could receive a total of 50 mm.

A large depression near Abitibi will reach James Bay in the evening. Sometimes heavy rain will affect parts of the centre du Québec today. This area of sometimes heavy rain will move eastward and will affect the Chaleur Bay and the North coast from tonight. Accumulations will be particularly important North of the city of Québec and Charlevoix.

Phil

Edited by Phil 1

We were planning to try the Gaspe..... then it melted....

So... not being familiar with the West, this is our plan.

Motel Safari to Hotel Chateau Roberval

Roberval to "Parent" (Suggestions on place to stay)

Parent to Comfort Inn in Mt Laurier

Mt Laurier to Shawinigan

Any suggestions on places to stay, or stay away from....

It appears each leg is 200ish miles. Trying to get familiar with the area.

Thanks

GutZ

Go North Young Man. Ever ride the Gouin?? Thad and I just got back from riding in the area you mention of interest. Lots of snow to the North of LaTuque and west of Relais 22.

enjoy your spin.

timbo

Hi Don,

Like Jackstraw and Mark said north and west is going to be the best snow. If you haven't been to Chibougamau, remember gas at La Dore, gas at the old lumber mill then the next gas is Relais du Nord before Chib. Or carry a little extra gas just in case.

If Chib isn't where you want to go, then I like Trailblazer's suggestion of working off of trails 83 and 13. There are a lot of green and yellow trails there.

The forecast is for Wednesday being the warm day and then cooler, below freezing. Maybe a little light snow at the end of this week and the beginning of next week.

Remember that you have to get back to the truck.

Wherever you go, have a safe ride.

Jack & Sandi

Did you leave yet gutz? I am about to pull out of gaspesie. Might do one more ride on my way back. If you get this pm me a number and I will call. There are 2 of us...we might go up to St Anne dear months tomorrow or head further west. Not sure.

mr GutZ, I just returned from a western trip, starting in Shawinigan. Plenty of snow there but I would suggest starting in Rivere Mattawin about 45 minutes up rt 155. Never had a problem parking the trucks there. Also stay out of Mt. Laurier. No need to go into town, plenty of outfitters 30 miles north to stay at, all have gas too. If you need maps of area I will be Town of Lee wed and thur aftenoon and evening. Pittsfield on monday . I'll pm you my number

Joe

Gutz, if you have never ridden the west and don't want to make it a habit don't start. If you go once you will want to go back every year.

Gutz, if you have never ridden the west and don't want to make it a habit don't start. If you go once you will want to go back every year.

Good place to ride,they have snow and heading there Wed, starting to get cold thursday night.

mr GutZ, I just returned from a western trip, starting in Shawinigan. Plenty of snow there but I would suggest starting in Rivere Mattawin about 45 minutes up rt 155. Never had a problem parking the trucks there. Also stay out of Mt. Laurier. No need to go into town, plenty of outfitters 30 miles north to stay at, all have gas too. If you need maps of area I will be Town of Lee wed and thur aftenoon and evening. Pittsfield on monday . I'll pm you my number

Joe

Thanks

So busy before we left didn't get a chance to see the #.

Shawin' isn't too bad.

GutZ

We got to the Motel and took a trip down 3. Dave went to turn around next to the trail and buried his 146 in 3+ feet of snow.

Conditions look great, Except the rivers, closed for a day or two at leaast.6 inches of slush!

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

GutZ

48 hours since last report, starting to get worried here!

Hope all is well....maybe having such a good time that there is no time to give us an update!

Wonder if Linda hooked up with them?

Hey

Well we didn't get as far as I wanted, but it was great!!

Dave had Emergency Oral Surgery Monday, and he was in a lot of Pain.

He was taking so many meds and bouncing down the trailz, his tummy is not doing to good.

I was concerned he may become Septic, and if we were staying in the outback, I didn't want to have Air Medic Pick him up.

The Trailz from the hotel in Shawinigan to Roberval were 7 out of 10.... The conditions were better than LSJ last month while we were there.

Fresh Snow all the way to Lac Edward. Traupper was temporarly closed.

355 was just groomed, met the groomer 2 miles in to the trail.

North of Lac Edward, 355 was good.

Roberval was ice/hardpack/2 inches of powder, in town.

83 west was Awsome, untill they cut the bridge inhalf.... (Good News they are building a new bridge). After that the trails were only Fantastic to Relay22.

At this point we had to head south toward LaTuque. The trails were in good shape. And they have the largest pile of Sawdust I have ever seen.

Back to and around Shawin' today!

700 Miles in 3 days.

Later

GutZ

Geeez that's too bad about Dave! Glad to hear you managed a run in as well and took care of bro. You guys can sure manage.

Don thanks for that meal ticket at the Gathering, tried to say thanks in a PM but you're all pooped out of space man, time to clean it out. Next season look me up and we'll go for a run.

JG

Geeez that's too bad about Dave! Glad to hear you managed a run in as well and took care of bro. You guys can sure manage.

Don thanks for that meal ticket at the Gathering, tried to say thanks in a PM but you're all pooped out of space man, time to clean it out. Next season look me up and we'll go for a run.

JG

JG I think the MSG Box is cleared!

We should plan something for next year.

No Problem about the Meal Ticket.

GutZ