Pics from Quebec

ckf

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was introduced to "les Monts Valins" last year, and just like any other first timer IM HOOKED. Where is that cave, or here is a better question, how can I get there? I Would love to hook up with some of you guys that know the Sauguney, especially The MTNS, when you guys head up on thankxgiving. A new comer looking for a veteran to show me around. I would offer to show you around where I live, the Adirondack MTNS, but you guys would laugh, and say...You call that snowmobiling... :rofl:

With a gps, the cave is easy to find. It's off the secondary trail 267 in Mt Valin Ouest, Lat: 48.717129

Lon: -71.141427

Wow that was a fast, thanks for the answer. I don't have a gps...yet. I was looking at them the other day.

We realized pretty quickly last season that a gps is almost necessary for excursions up that way. What kind do you use, what would you suggest. At first glance i liked the garmin 63? It was almost 400, so I'm trying to figure out what basic options you really need out there. I figure an expandable memory, full color backlite screen is minimal. I'll post my pics when I find it. :yahoo:

Wow that was a fast, thanks for the answer. I don't have a gps...yet. I was looking at them the other day.

We realized pretty quickly last season that a gps is almost necessary for excursions up that way. What kind do you use, what would you suggest. At first glance i liked the garmin 63? It was almost 400, so I'm trying to figure out what basic options you really need out there. I figure an expandable memory, full color backlite screen is minimal. I'll post my pics when I find it. :yahoo:

I love my Garmin 60CSX, it has all the features you have listed above.

Picture-1004.jpg

That is one fancy sled lift!

Yes they sure got me out of a fix that Sunday morning. They actually fabricated me a part as we could not buy it anywhere on a Sunday. We could not speak a word of French and visa versa. Made for an interesting experience. Again great people! Thats why I keep returning. (and of course the best trails/conditions, probably in the world)

Trailside service (on a Sunday morning at that!) --- Great people in Quebec

Any further development on the case of the "scumbags" that torched Crazy Als Place?

never ever heard or read a word on the incident.I watch and read the news on a daily basis.I don't even know if there is any sort of investigation.

Haven't seen any pictures from the Galcier in a few years. Anyone still get up that way?

I saved your pic cause we were there last year and i forgot to take a pic, just a pit stop to use the facilities, however it seemed to be new owner's there & they were renovating so there was no food available.

We are going up that way the 28th of dec. to the 2or 3 of jan this year.Staying at the cabanon but i didnt know about all the crap that happened up there, just reading up on it now.

Here is a spot I always like to take a picture. I have seen years when they have to cut a slope down to the door because of snow depth. It is half way between anywhere, so it is always nice to stop for a coffee before continuing on. The people the work here are always very friendly.

St. Paulin Clubhouse TQ 5