SAD NEWS FROM YAMAHA FOR 2015

grumpysanta

Well a good look at the lineup for 2015 , shows no more Nytro's . and lot of AC. VIPERS . AND THE SAME OLD APEXES AND VECTORS.. its time for a big make over or is AC. taking over . but nice to see they put a viper mtn. out but that is just a add on to the line up . and the true yamahas are looking pretty old . LIKE ME ...

Yes, very dissapointed but not suprised, I question how involved in the sled market they care to be. Really hoping Doo comes out with a higher HP 4 stroke. Love the Apex motor but ergo wise it did not work for me

Yes, very dissapointed but not suprised, I question how involved in the sled market they care to be. Really hoping Doo comes out with a higher HP 4 stroke. Love the Apex motor but ergo wise it did not work for me

Yamaha is gonna milk this deal with Arctic Cat for all they can. It worked great they sold tons of Vipers. I am not writing them off anytime soon. Yes disappointing this year again but I believe you will see something new and totally Yamaha it might not be next year either but they are not gonna give up on the sled market. Gonna see a chassis with these Performance Dampeners they are working on for sure.

Time will tell. Yamaha for sure does what THEY want where as I do Believe Bombardier actually listens to what their customers ask for and try to give them what they want.

Alot BNG once again. As far as their lineup it's hard to ask for more than an Apex xtx with the power steering. Iceman do you have any trouble starting yours when it is really cold?

Alot BNG once again. As far as their lineup it's hard to ask for more than an Apex xtx with the power steering. Iceman do you have any trouble starting yours when it is really cold?

Yes,

Once this season and it happened when I was at my dealer to drop it off for service on the way home from St Raymond by truck/trailer.

Sled was hot when we loaded it in trailer (clamshell) and then next morning was frozen. They told me 5 minutes in shop with some heat it started right up.

Edited by iceman

As far as the Apex and Vectors go "if it aint broke don't fix it". Glad I got a 14. I can wait.

x2 What is it you wanted to see in the 15s Brion? I know there were rumors of a front suspension redesign but the current overall package is so reliable a mis-step would be disastrous - and very unlike Yamaha.

I would like to see them make a change to the reverse, go to a 'smart key' like Bombardier and add functions (temp, GPS, etc) to the gauge cluster. The electronic key would improve theft deterence and get them into the 21st century.

That dampener video is pretty convincing.

It looks? like the Vipers got away from the ACT shocks on some models and went to HPG. That is good.

Anyone wish for the Vector motor in a Viper for the mpg and fuel range? That to me would be a good setup for Quebec riding.

mike

I too was hoping for something new and better but sure do not want to give up the very best fit, finish and reliability the sport has ever seen. That delta box chasis is rigid, no torsional flex eating belts, they use ntn bearings on the drive shafts, the chain cases are rock solid and we all know the engines are the best without compare. Yes they are a little heavy and the skis suck, first thing you do to a Yamaha is change the skis to Simmons, then it is on rails. For trail riding it is about as good as it gets, I really doubt the Viper will long term be this good. I am happy to wait for something that will truly be better. I think a lot of sleds got to light and it compromised longetivity, Yamaha may not be state of the art technology, but what they have works and lasts.

The new Tuner Skis on the 2014 models are pretty damn good. I have used simmons only in the past and was ready to put them on the new Apex too. However the new tuner skis are great.

Iceman , How was the "Spa" day for your ride .. just a routine rub down and ready to rumble again ?

R

Yeah all good she got greased up and inspected. Pulled one hole on the limiter strap and off we go. Going sunday to Chaudiere for a 7 day ride. Ready to rip it up.

8408 KM on my "new" sled so far.

Edited by iceman

And speaking of sad news.

I heard from my buddy Pierre the service manager at my Yamaha dealer, my old 08 Apex was stolen. This past weekend.

I met the new owner and he was loving the sled.

He was having lunch in St. Gabriel de Brandon at the resto pub there, went out to have a smoke and was just in time to see his sled going up the road toward the trail.

Middle of the day the Whole thing on Video. Black ford pickup pulls in a guy in black helmet and black suit gets out of passenger side.

Takes screwdriver punches ignition starts sled and is gone in less then a minute.

Rest in Pieces my old friend.

Bet they were surprised to see close to 60k KM on the ODO.

And speaking of sad news.

I heard from my buddy Pierre the service manager at my Yamaha dealer, my old 08 Apex was stolen. This past weekend.

I met the new owner and he was loving the sled.

He was having lunch in St. Gabriel de Brandon at the resto pub there, went out to have a smoke and was just in time to see his sled going up the road toward the trail.

Middle of the day the Whole thing on Video. Black ford pickup pulls in a guy in black helmet and black suit gets out of passenger side.

Takes screwdriver punches ignition starts sled and is gone in less then a minute.

Rest in Pieces my old friend.

Bet they were surprised to see close to 60k KM on the ODO.

Very sad indeed. Hopefully, they will be caught and brought to justice.

Truly amazing how fast they can grab them.

yes we thought we were safer with 4 strokes but they can steal anyting... I like tuner skies on my 13 nytro xtx with 6 and 6 for carbides.. PUSH BUTTON REVERSE WOULD BE NICE . and yes yam has always been the best for fit and finish and good motors even the 2 SMOKES !!! I would like to know the differance between a vector 120 and a nytro 130 for fuel milage not range because i have a 27 liter tank,, anybody..

the fuel injected 130 hp engine actually gets a little less mileage than the original 120 hp carbed engine. I think the injected engine is closer to 135 hp. I always here 20 mpg but you would really have to be steady and gentle on the throttle to get there. In 10 thousand miles my real world mpg is 15 to 16mpg on a 2005 vector. My 2005 Warrior is about 14 mpg actuall mpg. We ride 50 to 60mph and take off easy. Riding conditions and throttle controll will have guys reporting numbers all over the board but I think 20 is kind of high.

I have a 2012 Vector. Two weeks ago we left Shawinigan and rode to Hearst Ontario and back. 2100 miles round trip. I averaged 14 to 15 mpg. My buddy has a 1200 Doo Shorty and usually beats me by a couple of bucks. The 1200 has more pull than the Vector. On the trip the Vector started at minus 28. It did not want to but it did. The Vector is what it is. Rock solid durability and fair fuel mileage. It is tractor tough durable. Not a sled you want to be in more than 12 inches of snow. It does not do any one thing really really well but the some of it's parts make it a pretty good sled to tour Northern Quebec. A 900 Reni may be on order for next year!