Riding South 7 days Feb 16-23

iceman

Taking advantage of the great snowcover this season to ride some new areas.

For me I can say almost all my riding is done north or the Rivere Sainte Laurent. The exception being Gaspe of course.

So this week the plan is to ride alot of Chaudiere and explore a bit of Montergie and Cantons de l'est.

Day 1 Sunday Feb 16

Left home this AM and trailered down over the Pont Laviolette in Trois Riveres. Met up with Scorpionbowl in St. Gregoire just south of the bridge. Thanks to Gaston for taking the rig back to the house where it will be safe and sound till we call for a pickup next Sunday.

Snohorse, Scorpionbowl and I headed out at 9am. Went west on TQ5 next on TQ 45 to 532 and on to the 519 and then 510 to 505 to 515 Thru Granby. Confused yet? Cause my head is spinning.

TQ 35 to A late Lunch and Gas in Waterloo on TQ 45.

Back north on TQ45 to Roxton Falls and local Orange trail crossing back east and south to 521 and back to TQ 35 into Valcourt.

Trails a bit drifty here and there in the fields but nothing too bad. Beat up a bit here and in the surrounding area of Valcourt but was lots of traffic I guess due to the Gran Prix this weekend.

Sitting just across from the BRP Factory feeling out numbered but I am used to it. A sea of yellow crates visible just outside the Motel door.

A good day for sure. 225 miles.

Iceman out.

Edited by iceman

Have a great trip. I am driving home tomorrow. Trails in Chaudière and Bas Laurent have been outstanding. If you go to Montmagny, Hotel L'oiseliere is outstanding, and great food!

Trails are quiet on weekdays. Lots and lots of club relais's with good food.

mike

Day 2

Another blue sky day.

Left Valcourt on fresh groomed TQ35 headed north to take the 525 back south east to the 538 continued south and back to 525 past Sherbrooke.

Hooked up on a beautiful trail the TQ 55 and took that back to 525 again continued on to TQ 65 and up into Lac Megantic.

185 miles today and none of them are free in these parts.

Loving the change of scenery and some great conditions. Saw maybe 6 sleds all day.

Day 3

Left from Lac Megantic and headed east on a beautifully groomed awesome white asphalt trail 580

Ran it all the way to the TQ 25 and connected over to the TQ 75 north. Ran up to 545 and took that east to Lac Etchemin had lunch.

From there was west on TQ 55 then local to TQ 75 then local trails again to 535 and Back to TQ 55 and into Saint-Georges.

Great day on super trails some drifts in some fields but nothing too bad. Having fun exploring new land.

205 miles today.

Don, be sure to lock things up at night, we lost 2 sleds a couple of years ago in this area on Valcourt weekend.

Always. No exceptions. We lock everywhere we go. Everywhere.

Day 4

St. Georges to Sainte Marie via alot of different trails.

Trail bingo is on.

240 miles. Great Conditons. Trails looking good.

Edited by iceman

Day 5

Sainte Marie to Montmagny.

Zigging and Zagging are way thru the trail Bingo.

Weather could be a factor for tmmrw.

Pics and maps of tracks to be posted when we return.

227 miles today.

Beautiful trails great grooming.

See why I go there and ride all winter. Nice area with great grooming!mike

We sure do!

Yeah it is confusing to list all the trails, Scorp will post the screen shots of the daily routes.

Looks like you guys are having a nice trip! We are in Apex land this week, Val-Do'r La Sarre Matagami.

I'm loving hearing that, enjoy guys. I loves them trails out there. Maybe in a few weeks i will go there.

Day 6

Loop out of Montmagny and back TQ 5 to 551 TQ35 to 549 to TQ 55 then 547 to 551 then TQ 55 to TQ 35 and back on 551to TQ 5 into Montmagny.

200 miles

Day 7

Montmagny to St Gregoire.

TQ5 with alot of local and green trails (too many to list)

235 miles

Hi McStar.

My plan is to drive to New Hampshire. And leave on Sled from there. If the weather holds up. Thru the chaudiere app. See what happens. Yes alone. Hope it works out.

We were planning to leave by sled from Chaudiere region Sunday, maybe we can meet up depending on when you are going thru.

Today did 103 miles before our pickup to get back across the river. looking bleak to the south the rain killed it bad and what a difference a week makes.

near Drumondville was snirt and Ice. Wiped out.

Just over 1600 miles this week.

Mileage/KM this year............started at zero now.............................