Lac Fallion closed this winter!!!

Andyman

I was just thinking about how many places have burned or closed where we all bought fuel and or stayed. Here is a short list can you think of others? Gas is sparse in the north!!!

Andy

Haltaparche

Casey

Forsythe

Lac Chateuavert

Lac Fallion

JB Scott

Joncas

Perce no fuel.

Miquelon on 93

Lounan

Monet

Barrage Onatchiway

Lac Beauregard

Barrage Onatchiway?

Yeah there always around when I go by but not "open". Funny though there website shows open in the winter

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand JB Scott is closed this winter.

And last yr 2, I believe. Loved Junior, great Fur in that place

And, for the casual reader Balbuzard is a tour operator in the middle of nowhere, catering to clients from ( I believe) France. They are just taking care of their clients. Everybody in PQ is, friendly :pardon:

Barrage Onatchiway?

This was an Auberge operated by a lady named Jeanette. It sits just past the Onatchiway relais that is still operating. I remembered another place Lac Beauregard now closed in the winter. Pipeman I just saw where you posted Lac Beauregard! LOL

post-14-0-90014900-1415825567_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andyman

I see JB Scott on your list. Are they not there anymore?

I've been going through the Leppine Road trail last few years.

I know the fer cheval was closed for some time but heard that had opened again for sledders.

I stopped for gas last season.

IMG_0543_zps7a4d1c12.jpg

For JB Scott i don't know why , friend of my told me this ? but not realy a problem, just fuel at Ste Anne du Lac, after Fer a Cheval and Parent.

For PERCÉ, la Table a Rolland got gaz ( last year)

For Miquelon just going to DESMARAISVILLE THE BIGGEST CITY UP NORTH :rofl:

Edited by Coyote

I was just thinking about how many places have burned or closed where we all bought fuel and or stayed. Here is a short list can you think of others? Gas is sparse in the north!!!

Andy

Haltaparche

Casey

Forsythe

Lac Chateuavert

Lac Fallion

JB Scott

Joncas

Perce no fuel.

Miquelon on 93

Lounan

Monet

Barrage Onatchiway

Lac Beauregard

Let's not forget about Notawissi and Mekoos

They're still open today with new construction

Yes, stayed there 1 time, it was awesome, NO GAS, food and rooms, perfect english. The name was not Barrage Onatchiway, it was Auberge du Barrage?

This was an Auberge operated by a lady named Jeanette. It sits just past the Onatchiway relais that is still operating. I remembered another place Lac Beauregard now closed in the winter. Pipeman I just saw where you posted Lac Beauregard! LOL

Agreed, I am not worried, there are still options. I will avoid BalBuzzard at all costs. Too bad, it was a really fun place when we first stopped there in 1999.

For JB Scott i don't know why , friend of my told me this ? but not realy a problem, just fuel at Ste Anne du Lac, after Fer a Cheval and Parent.

For PERCÉ, la Table a Rolland got gaz ( last year)

For Miquelon just going to DESMARAISVILLE THE BIGGEST CITY UP NORTH :rofl:

Yes, stayed there 1 time, it was awesome, NO GAS, food and rooms, perfect english. The name was not Barrage Onatchiway, it was Auberge du Barrage?

That is the place! Jeanette was an awesome lady and her chef was unbelievable. I first met her while riding the area with Saguenay Bill and Rob a number of years ago and I returned with a group to ride the zec.

Andy

Keep me posted on the fuel range of your new 900 Ace Andy, it seems if I want to keep up my pattern of riding I'll have to "swap my ride".

I have 2 of them. Both Renegades and last season we both averaged above 20MPG and I rode only in sport mode. Sharon rode primarily in standard mode and she averaged a little better than I did. That is a 10.7 gallon tank (200 mile range no problem). I liked my Polaris Switchback a lot more than the Renegade, BUT when saddlebagging it is hard to walk away from the fuel economy!

It's been off/on again the past couple of years, but word is that the St-Michelle relais on the edge of Tremblant park will be open for gas (and mediocre food, but hey, whose complaining) again this winter.

Hot tidbit out of NDDLM!!

Oh yeah, rumour control also reports that Crazy Pierre, the accordion playing guy who wears woolrich wool pants all winter, will have his sugar shack open again this winter...... on the local trail outside of Entrelacs.

Ok I just spoke with Brigette at Lac Faillon, sadly they will not be open this winter for lodging or gas as Andy stated. Peter is having an operation so they decided to close for the winter but plan to re-open this spring. I said to her is there any chance you will have anyone there just to sell gas and she said no you will have Balbuzard to the east Senneterre or Louvicourt to the west........ Damn !

Edited by Pipeman

Ok I just spoke with Brigette at Lac Faillon, sadly they will not be open this winter for lodging or gas as Andy stated. Peter is having an operation so they decided to close for the winter but plan to re-open this spring. I said to her is there any chance you will have anyone there just to sell gas and she said no you will have Balbuzard to the east Senneterre or Louvicourt to the west........ Damn !

Thanks for the recon Wes. Unfortunately not good news.

Yep, your welcome. I may call Balbuzard this weekend just to confirm they intend to be open and sell gas. Still no word on Tamarac from anyone ?

I sent an email to Carol a few weeks ago but it came back as no such address. :sorry: