3rd Annual Mont Vallin Opener 2015

lindasledgirl

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours to pick it up?

So jealous....new sled and riding before Xmas.

Have fun and report back to the unfortunate ones.

Thanks! I hear it's hard pack and needs more snow. Fingers crossed!

My mechanic is 4 hours from me. He's worth the drive. I know it's crazy but my sled journey ( and 4 wheeler actually) has shown me how many people will rip me off because I don't know enough. It's sad really. Especially when you pull into a dealer and they look up your machine to see that a bunch of warranty work was put through BRP that you never had done.

So....yes 4 hours to my dealer.

Thanks! I hear it's hard pack and needs more snow. Fingers crossed!

My mechanic is 4 hours from me. He's worth the drive. I know it's crazy but my sled journey ( and 4 wheeler actually) has shown me how many people will rip me off because I don't know enough. It's sad really. Especially when you pull into a dealer and they look up your machine to see that a bunch of warranty work was put through BRP that you never had done.

So....yes 4 hours to my dealer.

When I was still riding Polaris I drove 3.5 hrs to my dealer. They treated me that good! Now that I am on a Doo it is only about 35 minutes.

I understand you and I'm sorry too! You and your friends are not responsible for the weather and snow

This is why does no penalty will be charged as well as Mr. Karl Lyons.

I will proceed to the refund of your deposit on the credit card which is indicated at the contracts during the coming week.

Visits at Passion Québec must always be part of good holiday memories of our customers, although I'm pretty and nice, I know that you do not come just to see me !!! :-D

So I tell you to the next time and wish you Happy Holidays!

Lise

That is the message from Passion!

Wow! That's so fantastic!!

Thank you Lise!!

I understand you and I'm sorry too! You and your friends are not responsible for the weather and snow

This is why does no penalty will be charged as well as Mr. Karl Lyons.

I will proceed to the refund of your deposit on the credit card which is indicated at the contracts during the coming week.

Visits at Passion Québec must always be part of good holiday memories of our customers, although I'm pretty and nice, I know that you do not come just to see me !!! :-D

So I tell you to the next time and wish you Happy Holidays!

Lise

That is the message from Passion!

Wow! That's so fantastic!!

Thank you Lise!!

Linda I have been following your post's and I was wondering if you were still going to go? I love sledding as much or more than anyone but for me to trailer 2000km round trip to hit rocks on a new sled. I don't think so. Wait a few weeks and the trails will start to open and connect and then we will ride!!!

Andy

Hi Andy!

I saw your post too! It looks like you and Lisa are tanning up so you can snowmobile to some nice places with a spa! Enjoy!

And no, we aren't going to Mont Valin. Sadly the conditions and forecast just don't warrant the drive.

I am packed and ready for somewhere soon. I have to pick up my sled on Wednesday. It will be nice to finally see it!

Have a great holiday!

Linda

Linda I noticed where you have postponed coming this year. Conditions have been hit or miss but we will miss connecting with you again this year.

We are heading up tomorrow staying at Auberge 31 again this year. We'll post some pics of the trail condition update once we get out on the snow. Looks like conditions have improved I hope so ! RR

Edited by RoadRunner

Good Morning, We arrived at Auberge km 31 thursday afternoon and went for a nice 65 mile ride east of the Auberge. Great conditions after two 6" storms since last weekend. As you have seen, the groomers are out and have opened up the trail network. There is plenty of snow cover for off trail back road riding but not off trail stump jumping!

Worth the trip, yesterday was a 200 mile ride up near adventure pipmuacan and lunch at Onatchaway.

Best regards RR

post-197-0-68987300-1417867195.jpg

Thanks so much RR,

We should have known, mont Valin just doesn't let you down. The first year this happened, weather was reporting no snow. The groomer was not going to make it up that early Dec weekend, and 8 guys cancelled. Then the two guys left called me, we went and my avatar is a picture of one of my favourite rides. The snow fell the night we arrived by the foot.

We cancelled this time, next time I will have more faith.

Enjoy the ride!

I am home cleaning out my crawl space lol

Linda

Thanks so much RR,

We should have known, mont Valin just doesn't let you down. The first year this happened, weather was reporting no snow. The groomer was not going to make it up that early Dec weekend, and 8 guys cancelled. Then the two guys left called me, we went and my avatar is a picture of one of my favourite rides. The snow fell the night we arrived by the foot.

We cancelled this time, next time I will have more faith.

Enjoy the ride!

I am home cleaning out my crawl space lol

Linda

Linda, go figure, it really is a questionable shot in early season riding, sometimes you just never know and the snow gods end up blessing you. Sounds like the coming week has even more good things in store. Happy holidays RR

Great info and pics ! Any issues with plugs on the 800etec? Heard BRP switched to a colder plug and some were fouling on them.

Pipeman, yes we are having issues with the plugs, having a set of the hotter plugs coming up today

Nice!

Like the LED

Action Jack, the Rigid led spoils you at night, really like it shoots out a really nice beam

rr

Hi RR, Nothing short of incredible!!!

mike

Mike, great to hear from you, sure does feel good to be back on the snow

We went down 93 to the saw mill at sacre coure yesterday morning, plenty of snow until the last three miles in, it got very skinny than. Would be tough ride from the mill to the village. Otherwise all very good going, a few places some of the exposed hi elevation areas that get blown free anyway, you will click a rock. I bet your are anxious to get out. Hope to see you this winter RR

Here are a few more pics form yesterday

Low snow in Sacre Coure

post-197-0-89514100-1417951219.jpg

Some nice backroad running

post-197-0-29501700-1417951246_thumb.jpg

A few sleds at Auberge yesterday!

post-197-0-74741000-1417951254_thumb.jpg