Conditions

Saguenay Bill

Arrived today, they had about 2-3 inches of fresh snow which make lubrication not a problem. There is some ponding on the trails, but it's better than setting home. Rob is here and he rode 70 miles today in about 2 1/2 hours so it can't be too bad. Another upadate tomorrow. Over nite low for tonight is +5F which will help to freeze up the water holes. If you can't take a little water, wait for a few more days.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrived today, they had about 2-3 inches of fresh snow which make lubrication not a problem. There is some ponding on the trails, but it's better than setting home. Rob is here and he rode 70 miles today in about 2 1/2 hours so it can't be too bad. Another upadate tomorrow. Over nite low for tonight is +5F which will help to freeze up the water holes. If you can't take a little water, wait for a few more days.

Thanks Bill

We have been wondering what you found. Say hello to that deer feeding camera carrying character from Vermont for me.

Andy

Planning a trip up to Quebec City and Saguenay area. If we leave from the Sheraton in Charlesbourg just north east of Quebec City and take the 369 through L'Etape to Lac-Saint-Jean, how long of a ride is it? Are we better off taking the 23 to L'Etape? Is there gas in L'Etape? Where would you reccomend staying along the way up and then once in Lac-Saint-Jean?? Thank you in advance!

Hey, you finally made it home Bill!

How is Rob making out with his new BV2S Helmet?.

Hey, you finally made it home Bill!

How is Rob making out with his new BV2S Helmet?.

I'm trying to get used to it. I did pick up an ele shield just in case, but I didn't use it today.

I'll add that the new Renegade stays right on top on the water LOL, it swims well haha.

Seriously, there were only a few water hazards, and they were mostly on 83 near Chicoutimi. They should freeze up tonight. Riding was surprisingly good. Looking at the trails coming up, I'd say forget anything south of the River for now. This is the place to be!

Hey Rob & Bill,

Glad to hear things are looking better. We don't get there til next sat eve, so hopefully you will get more by then.

But we do have a couple of light weight buddies that are supposed to leave sat AM and they are crying the blues trying to decide on whether to cancel. I told them that you rode 70 miles today, so it couldn't be too bad. These guys can't change their vacation dates, so I told them I would go if it were me. Do you think they will have decent riding by Sunday? They are driving 14 hours. They may try to call the HI and get in touch with Bill. I think they met you last year. Their names are Denny Reeder, Charlie Aikens, and Tim Foltz.

If you get time, shoot me an email of what you think. They want to make a decision by noon friday.

To me, it's only a couple tanks of gas :)

Thanks

Bill

PS, Rob

1200 miles on the new XP and no major problems. What did I fight you for so long before switching to Doo?

Rob,

I too switched to a BV2S this year. I have about 1200 miles on with it so far. Even got the communicator for it. I love it so far, but haven't had it in any temps below 20F. I am wondering if I will need an electric visor when it's -20f? I did keep my old AC with elect. visor just in case. I did a couple of the mods to my helmet that were recommended by Yellowknife. Keep us posted on how the helmet works when it gets below 0

Thanks

Bill

Hey Rob & Bill,

Glad to hear things are looking better. We don't get there til next sat eve, so hopefully you will get more by then.

But we do have a couple of light weight buddies that are supposed to leave sat AM and they are crying the blues trying to decide on whether to cancel. I told them that you rode 70 miles today, so it couldn't be too bad. These guys can't change their vacation dates, so I told them I would go if it were me. Do you think they will have decent riding by Sunday? They are driving 14 hours. They may try to call the HI and get in touch with Bill. I think they met you last year. Their names are Denny Reeder, Charlie Aikens, and Tim Foltz.

If you get time, shoot me an email of what you think. They want to make a decision by noon friday.

To me, it's only a couple tanks of gas :)

Thanks

Bill

PS, Rob

1200 miles on the new XP and no major problems. What did I fight you for so long before switching to Doo?

Hi Bill,

I had decent riding yesterday. I expect riding will be very good starting today. Will post tonight. :)

Bill,

good to see you made it, we must of past each other on road, I would have stayed longer, but my brother blew his engine and i didn't bring a spare this time. Hope the trails are good to you and have fun.

Later

Don

Bill,

Glad to hear your back at the HI. From what I'am reading so far I will more likely be seeing you the weekend of the 19th. Keep up the posts and the reports from yourself and rob.

Thanks again for the help to get the trail pass. If we do come up on the 19th two other guys will be with us that need season passes. Shall I see you direct or can I get them at the desk?

Thanks,

Dale

Hi Bill,

I had decent riding yesterday. I expect riding will be very good starting today. Will post tonight. :)

Thanks Rob,

Looks like my buddies are holding off another day. They chose to go by the FMCQ site instead of men on the ground :) Of course the FMCQ site is never up to date. I told them I would have a report this eve. from my sources on the ground.

If you can't tell, I just got done watching a disc of 24

Bill

Looking better huh? Stryk, Rob, can you ride from Red Roof still? Would rather ride than drive. We're coming Wed. Hope to see yahs.

S pump,

Rob will have to answer that, I don't get there until next Sat. I head that there was a grooming issue there because of the fire at the gas station. Someone said the groomer couldn't get fuel there, so they couldn't groom.

That may have been resolved by now.

Bill

S pump,

Rob will have to answer that, I don't get there until next Sat. I head that there was a grooming issue there because of the fire at the gas station. Someone said the groomer couldn't get fuel there, so they couldn't groom.

That may have been resolved by now.

Bill

That issue has been solved, rode thru there last weekend, trails thru there the best I have ever seen, but that was before the warm spell

Rob,

I too switched to a BV2S this year. I have about 1200 miles on with it so far. Even got the communicator for it. I love it so far, but haven't had it in any temps below 20F. I am wondering if I will need an electric visor when it's -20f? I did keep my old AC with elect. visor just in case. I did a couple of the mods to my helmet that were recommended by Yellowknife. Keep us posted on how the helmet works when it gets below 0

Thanks

Bill

I have used one for 3 years now. Bought the electric shield and have not plugged it in once. Even at -35f. Just make sure the mask is tight when you are working hard and sweating. Clean the shield with water. Do not use sprays as it will streak. Water and wash cloth works best.

Planning a trip up to Quebec City and Saguenay area. If we leave from the Sheraton in Charlesbourg just north east of Quebec City and take the 369 through L'Etape to Lac-Saint-Jean, how long of a ride is it? Are we better off taking the 23 to L'Etape? Is there gas in L'Etape? Where would you reccomend staying along the way up and then once in Lac-Saint-Jean?? Thank you in advance!
I would say you will be in the 200 mile range. There is gas at L Etape. What are your plans? Not much snow on the southern side of Lac St Jean so I'm told by the locals. I stay at the HI.
Bill, Glad to hear your back at the HI. From what I'am reading so far I will more likely be seeing you the weekend of the 19th. Keep up the posts and the reports from yourself and rob. Thanks again for the help to get the trail pass. If we do come up on the 19th two other guys will be with us that need season passes. Shall I see you direct or can I get them at the desk?Thanks,Dale
I have passes, see me.

Rob and I made it 2 miles past the Valinouet and something broke in my chaincase or drive axel area. Riding was very good up til I broke. Rob came back and got truck and hauled me back. Right now we are having a storm, 4-6", and it's blowing alot. A group of 7 were going to Forestville today.

Hi Bill,

Glad you got to ride, sorry to hear about the break down.

Do you have the wife's sled for a back up?

How are they coming along with the repairs to the water damaged rooms?

Ray

It was Juliedele's sled that broke. Still working on them. I have no idea when they will be fixed but as soon as I do I'll post it.

Bill

Hi Bill

Glad to see that the ol snow goose made it back to the camp.

Happy New Year and I hope to see you soon.

Bob

P.S. Thanks for the reports, Now I have something good to read every day.

I know it's a tough job but somebody has to doo it.