Burned by the Ice

GT Rider

We left Port-Cartier headed to Baie-Comeau. I had a 5 o'clock ferry reservation. When we got to Godbout and saw the line at the ferry that should have sailed already. I went in to check on the schedule. I was told 5 o'clock was canceled to get on now at Godbout. We sailed at 12:30. At 6:00 1 mile from Matane we sailed back to Baie-Comeau. The ice breaker was there but there was too much ice. 6 days of plans and reservations canceled. Time to regroup.

Oufff!!! always an adventure... we know it... I am at checking that because we start tomorroy morning and have planned to take the same Baie-Comeau ferry Tuesday 5pm. I hope the warmer temperatures in the forecast for the next week will solve their ice problems...

Hope the best for you and your partners for the next part of your trip, enjoy the best of it!

Alain

Edited by towing

We left Port-Cartier headed to Baie-Comeau. I had a 5 o'clock ferry reservation. When we got to Godbout and saw the line at the ferry that should have sailed already. I went in to check on the schedule. I was told 5 o'clock was canceled to get on now at Godbout. We sailed at 12:30. At 6:00 1 mile from Matane we sailed back to Baie-Comeau. The ice breaker was there but there was too much ice. 6 days of plans and reservations canceled. Time to regroup.

We spent 13 hrs locked in the ice 1 km from Matane waiting for the ice breaker! Boring!!!!

Don I don't know what Tabermack is. Could you fill me in?

Alain I hope the wind changes and blows the ice out for you. There was no service today.

Andy I read your post back when. It was on my mind when making reservations.

I took pictures of the cost guard smashing ice to kill the time.

Tabernack is "Québécois" slang for well let's say, something written in English here that would need ### instead of letters to be polite.

Comes from the word Tabernacle. The altar in church.

Edited by iceman

One phrase....."Snowmobiling is always an adventure"

Don I don't know what Tabermack is. Could you fill me in

FYI.....the french swear using items from the church. For example...Tabernac/Tabernacle...Collis/Chalice.....Christ/Christ....Mon ST/ The Host. And the most popular saying goes with out saying" Tabernac mon ST Christ de collis de tabenac".

But enough french for today

Salut

Very nice pics! ..."Godbout to Baie-Comeau nice 8.5 hour ride" ouch!!! :shok:

We had the chance to cross without delays on March 3 at 5pm as initially planned. We were pretty lucky because the day before ferry were cancelled like the morning crossing from Godbout the same day we took it.

I had found the crossing a bit long...(it's a 39 miles run) can't imagine the boat ride you did!

Take care and thank's again for the pics

Alain