LSJ & Cote Nord Team Iceman on the move.

iceman

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few pics bad battery need new one in camera dies in the cold quick.

post-211-0-74606400-1455848198_thumb.jpeg

Most of today

post-211-0-06871700-1455848266_thumb.jpeg

Found these guys very friendly at a tralside stop.

This trail was not for the birds however.

post-211-0-04716800-1455848301_thumb.jpeg

Edited by iceman

Few pics bad battery need new one in camera dies in the cold quick.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Most of today

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Found these guys very friendly at a tralside stop.

This trail was not for the birds however.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Gotta love the Whiskey Jacks/ Grey Jays whatever you want to call them. When I used to hunto on Anticosti Island as soon as you would shoot a deer they would come around looking for some fat

Great story telling ! Uncle Ice please read us another bed time story , as the children ( and adult snowmobilers) lay there heads down to rest for the night dreaming of those white ribbons of snow in their heads!

Gotta love the Whiskey Jacks/ Grey Jays whatever you want to call them. When I used to hunto on Anticosti Island as soon as you would shoot a deer they would come around looking for some fat

Whiskey Jacks, no wonder cause Jack is Whiskey that explains their interest.

Edited by iceman

Iceman's next sled (RoadRunner approved)...

attachicon.gifimage.png

Scorp, got a good laugh on that one, if we can get an extra 11 gallons of gas on that VK, axe, winch, 10 days of saddlebag gear and keep the total weight under 2000 lbs we can put that on the approved list as those are the parameters for the expeditions lol.

Always been impressed with the area here in Cote Nord. I am not equipped for the off trail with my Apex xtx, but I sure envy the things you guys do with them machines and the places you can get to. The terrain is certainly massive, with endless options.

Back to the story soon

Hey you never know, running out of groomed trails I aint been on countless times.

Iceman, at the Delta last night, got a good chance to talk with Mikerider before dinner,

We are headed that way today,

As you know, we truly enjoy tromping around up there and doing all that "road running" some plowed and yet most of it is not.

We have coined names like strawberry corner, (the location where you left the first short section of plowed road and continued on what we call the "Big Road", which is kind of self explanatory lol. Than we have a section called High Chapparelle, Todd's corner and Pipmuacan Express. Lots of 200 plus mile loops out there where you don't see anyone all day other than Ben!

Really enjoyed reading about your ride in that area. Safe trails and start looking for one of those VK's to add to the fleet lol

Great story telling ! Uncle Ice please read us another bed time story , as the children ( and adult snowmobilers) lay there heads down to rest for the night dreaming of those white ribbons of snow in their heads!

Great reporting Ice

And very very entertaining........

The baseline for a great report is now high!

Day 5

Greetings all.

Well first off I need to say we had a late night last night. Not due to any hi-jinxs but because we spent a few hours piecing together the next ride, which will start a week from Sunday. The plan is being nurtured and will take form more solidly as next week goes on. We got a good group lined up and the Team will be quite formidable to say the least. Wishing we had Scorpionbowl in the mix but seems work will keep him from the festivities this trip. Always hopeful he can maybe make it. We shall see.

Beautiful blue sky today and nice temps to ride. Up and out of Pel Chat in Escoumins at 8:30.

The run up to the clubhouse at the Junction there for the Pel Chat trail is really a nice way to start your day. Tabletop flat trail and oh so fast. Big gang of local assemblying for a ride but it was just the way we like it. They were stopped and standing around talking. Easy pass.

Sometimes I wonder what it's like to get to stand around and talk. We don't do much of that we are too busy riding. Anyway maybe someday.

TQ3 all groomed last night and we were first tracks to Sacre Couer. Nice smooth run on a fairly tight twisty trail there. I'm spoiled with the big stuff we been riding. We arrive at Jct for 93. Four sleds parked right in the middle of the trail heading on 3 to ferry. Maybe there needs to be signs that say don't block the damn trail cause it's been a common sight this week. No brains.

I make them start to move then they try to go ahead of us. Ha, I'm having none of this. See ya, we take them all and off we go toward our boat ride. This is another twisty one huh? Sure is and there is a new section that is pretty scary when you think of the amount of tourists they bring up it. We head on down and see no other sleds still have had none coming up all morning.

Arrive at the Ferry and get waved right on. They wait a few minutes then we are off. Never saw the other sleds behind us. Oh well. On ferry at 10:10 am.

Off the cruise and up the 3 we finally see 2 incoming. Headed for the ferry. We reach 383 and everthing has been groomed recent from the ferry to here and beyond. At 383 I am torn. Part of me wants to go on 3 then to 83 but my love of 383 wins out.

383 super duper fresh groom and we roll on. Great trail and a private one all the way to Gas in Petite Saguenay and then on up to L'anse St Jean. Here we start to see people riding on our private trail. They got some nerve. However they are going south so go ahead have at it.

Beautiful all the way to La Baie. Here we are at a cross roads once again it's not even 1pm so we need to find some bonus miles so we go toward Ferland then take 383 toward Latiererre. We get gas there and head out back to 368. Snohorse had his Skid Plate a bit loose so we plotted a course for Spence to get a pitstop in and get her fixed up. We make our way toward Jonquiere and things are noticeably rougher and there is alot of sleds as we expected. The weekend rush is on.

We pull into Spence at 4:10. They say bring it right around back. Into surgery she goes. They explained that the hardware they provide to attach the plate is a joke. They don't use what Ski Doo sends with them cause they don't stay on. They Rivet it on solid with backers to hold the rivets. Fixed the Quebec way. Done. We were in the shop there and talking a bit with the guys and left there a little before 5pm.

On back to 83 and a straight shot to Chicoutimi, on some used up trails. In for the day with 250 miles at 5:30.

Tommorrow a half day to Roberval to get to the truck and get out of town. It's the weekend time to end this.

Until next time...

Remember "wherever you go there you are" and keep in mind "it all looks flat on the map"

One last thing when stopping please do it in a good place where you can be seen and if it needs to be at an intersection don't block the box.

"I'm Iceman and I approved this message"

"I'm Iceman and I approved this message"

You got my vote.

Thank You for your support.

I got a nice Cabinet Position for you when I get in. Hell maybe even supreme court justice if you want that.

Day 6

Gonna wrap this up quick.

Left Chicoutimi at 9am

We waited for the masses to depart and took our time as we only had a short run back to Roberval and the truck.

83 was very good considering the hoards of sleds that were using it. Ran it all the way and was great until near Chambord. Here it was nothing but 2-3 foot moguls all the way to the local cut down to the Spa's Chalet Chambord. Crazy. Must be broken groomer. Obviously aint been touched since they got the snow this week. We decide to head for the Lake and cut over to Roberval. Probably not the best decision of the week but anything would be better then those bumps. It's snowing and not real easy to see but we go for it. No sticks to follow as they never put any this year ,why i have no clue. We follow a trace from another sled and an occasional check of tge GPS and the snow is deep in places coming up the front of the sled and over the winshield hitting me in the visor blinding me more then I already am from the snow falling. But we soldier on and make it to the local trail uo to the St. Hubert/Manoir Roberval. And up and over to the truck. We clean off the truck load the toys and go in the hotel to change out of our gear for the ride back to Shawi. Now it's raining a bit.

We meet the guy in the lobby waiting for the Taxi to St. Ray(see 2 sleds taken thread). Then we hit the road.

Black trail is just wet and rain gets more steady as we head south. 3 hrs door to door today Roberval to Chez Ice.

Arrive here to find 10-11" new heavy wet snow. Joy. Lot's of snowblowing to do.

80 miles today

1350 for the 5 1/2 days.

Until next time.