Cote Nord Team Iceman 6 on 3

iceman

Team is assembling and ready to jump tmmrw morning. Sitting pretty in Sacre Couer, TQ3 is calling and we are ready to answer. Looking forward to seeing what the week has in store for us. We got a crew full of experienced riders who are ready to have at it. Not snowing here as of yet but been snowing in Shawinigan since at least 2:30pm. We are ready. Waiting on Playhard to arrive, he had the longest haul to make. Stay tuned for reports.

Ice

Day 1

Woke to some big snow overnight. Oh well, no bowling alley nearby so I guess we ride. Breakfast, and we got our act together and rolled out at 9am. Broke trail pushing 8-10" near Sacre Couer no tracks at all. Must say that the XTX did well in the freshy. Got to Jct 3 and Pel Chat trail. Quick break and we decide it's the Escoumins bypass today. So we go across the river there and follow trail back to TQ3. Snow is deeper up here seriously. As I jump out on TQ 3 there is some tracks these folks must have been in Escoumins last night. Merci, I will follow your tracks. Much easier going with just the sled track to follow, makes a big difference. We are moving real good. Actually too good as we catch the two sleds not far up. They stop and I go on by. Well not much further up near some Chalets I come through and in the white, I zag when I should have zigged and a bit too much hesitation to decide left or right and I am stuck. Not bad but stuck is stuck. Snohorse does the drive by and packs it best he can for me in front. And the other boys give a pull on my ski loops and I'm back. Meanwhile we see the two other sleds pass back by us. Hey perfect have at it. So we take 5 and let them run up ahead.

We roll out and catch them again close to Forrestville we decide to just follow them for a while, let them blow the trail open. Meanwhile back in the pack Playhard's XTX is extra thirsty today, he dumps his spare gallon in, but he is loving life wondering why every monday can't be just like this one.

The two sleds in front of us stop and I got no choice but to go by. Now I am pushing serious snow and it's like i'm floating, swimming along on the freshy fresh. We get to the local into Forrestville and it's just me and snohorse. Hmmm. Well Playhard's sled was out of gas so seeing as he already used his spare gas NHmoose gives him the essence. They finally roll up and into Forrestville for gas and some Quarter Pounders with cheese of course.

To be continued

Ok where were we...

Ok gas lunch Forrestville then back to TQ3 direction Baie Comeau. Out on the local then back to TQ3 to find some tracks, sweet. I like it. Yeah well maybe 10 miles and the tracks turn around and are headed back, oh well I got it from here thanks. Sketchy is an understatement in places especially with the drifts on the open places several times I found myself plowing through windshield deep drifts but they were super fluffy and just messy not frozen but always a surprise to be blinded by them. Oh snowmobiling is fun right? Anyway 30 miles up we decide to take the gas just because and also because we needed emergency supplies as we made a major mistake in our hurry to leave this morning we left the Big Bottle of JACK in the truck. If i knew earler I would have turned around. Gas and Jack and go. We push on literally big snow and as we near Baie Comeau there is less new snow. We make some time now and stop at the bridge for the guys who never been over it to check it out. And we find more teacks near town and into the hotel with 209 miles. All in all very surprised i was not in need of being dug out more today. Not what I prefer trailwise for sure but you need to be able to do it all, to saddlebag as each day is a new challenge.

More snow in forecast Wednesday we may be just getting started breaking trail. Passed 3 sleds near Baie Comeau besides the two other Quebecers that we never saw after Forrestville, i think they called it a day there.

Until tmmrw gang.

Great report may be doing the same this Friday so anxious to hear conditions as you go! Be safe and have fun

Gonna get hammered with more snow Wed, Thurs. by the weekend is when you need to hit it after they groom. Doubt tgey will groom before this next coming storm so we are on our own. Fir you may be just right.

Let me know if you are coming this way by PM maybe we can meet up.

Gonna get hammered with more snow Wed, Thurs. by the weekend is when you need to hit it after they groom. Doubt tgey will groom before this next coming storm so we are on our own. Fir you may be just right.

Let me know if you are coming this way by PM maybe we can meet up.

Will do thanks again for the info and tell NH Moose hello Edited by Pipeman