Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Hi Jean-Guy

HA! So you were holding out on us were you? Not posting 'all' the pictures lol.

:nea:

ha!!ha!!ha!! i see pics almost everyday,sometimes it can be very confusing !!

i need to hire a secretary to take of my pics !! :rolleyes:

jean-guy

back in the 70 's i used to go there fishing with my oldest brother.there was a bridge there before the 70's but i guess ice jam brought the bridge down.somewhere around 72-74.

so ,during the winter they were using a cable across the river to help the river to freeze faster.you could enter the river right where i turn around or just behind the warming shack.

only a guess ,i think the old cb has been built somewhere around 85-86-87 !!

this reminds me back in 72-73 ,there s a guy from carleton coming 2-3-4x during the winter.he had a nordic ha!!ha!! the model with the cigarette lighter.maybe you were too young back then.

if i remember well,it was a 100 miles ride for him,alone.there was no groomed trail in that area .he was the owner of the motel ''le fanni '' just west of the baie bleu in carleton.

groomer !!!

post-330-0-65666400-1320712172_thumb.jpg

back in the 70 's i used to go there fishing with my oldest brother.there was a bridge there before the 70's but i guess ice jam brought the bridge down.somewhere around 72-74.

so ,during the winter they were using a cable across the river to help the river to freeze faster.you could enter the river right where i turn around or just behind the warming shack.

only a guess ,i think the old cb has been built somewhere around 85-86-87 !!

this reminds me back in 72-73 ,there s a guy from carleton coming 2-3-4x during the winter.he had a nordic ha!!ha!! the model with the cigarette lighter.maybe you were too young back then.

if i remember well,it was a 100 miles ride for him,alone.there was no groomed trail in that area .he was the owner of the motel ''le fanni '' just west of the baie bleu in carleton.

groomer !!!

post-330-0-65666400-1320712172_thumb.jpg

well in 72 the only riding i was doing was on my fathers lap on his 72 chapparel

but i do have a sled with a cig lighter lol its a 82 elite :good:

hi coldsmoke !!

ha!!ha!!

just can t remember ,maybe 80-81-82 ,my brother had one ''as a demonstrator ''. only a guess ,i think it was white ????

p-1 trail 595 is right on the other side,took the pic just offf the 42 miles on the truck logging road.

p-2 mount nicol albert taken from 595 ,few miles south of the faribault camps

groomer !!!

talking about oldies !! ha!!ha!!

back in the 70 's there was a sno prince and a bit later ,a yamaha dealer in ste marguerite beach !!!72-73-74 i guess!!

still remember reading ,there was 107 sleds compagnies back then !!

pics; hog's back and albert ,gaspesie park !! trail 595 !!

groomer !!!

hi coldsmoke !!

ha!!ha!!

just can t remember ,maybe 80-81-82 ,my brother had one ''as a demonstrator ''. only a guess ,i think it was white ????

p-1 trail 595 is right on the other side,took the pic just offf the 42 miles on the truck logging road.

p-2 mount nicol albert taken from 595 ,few miles south of the faribault camps

groomer !!!

[/quote

Like this 1973 Elite for sale on ebay? :good:

hi jackstraw !!

looking at your pic ,i just ''woke up ''.the was one i was talking about was yellow and black.around 80 for sure.

ps: still remember counting 52 spark plugs in the back of an olympique 72 !! :lol::lol:

p 1 reservoir lamothe ,l s j ,on our way for z e c onatchiway,not too far from there.challenge kanada ,96

p 2 relay quooquoochee ,next to the road for parent.about 40 some miles (off the trail) from la tuque.96

groomer !!!

Jean-Guy

Did you do the Kanada Challenge? You were in it?

Lindasledgirl

i did nt do the race !!my job was to find trails,roads,rivers ,lakes,hydro powerlines etc.. to do a race course.

in 96, 37 days of riding and 97, 35 .like i said before, awesome experience,crazy adventure !!

the last 2 weeks were the craziest ,only a few hrs of sleeping per nights.3-4-5 hrs !!one morning we left chibougamau for st felicien ,l s j .left at 6 am.

seized my sled on lake chibougamau.turned around to find another one in chibougamau.found one ,but right at the beginning ,one of the coil was misfiring.turned around again to find another sled.we landed at the clubhouse and left from there at 9 pm .170 miles to do off the trail.about 125 miles without seeing a house!!i was in a very bad mood that night !!ha!!ha!!

arrived in lac a jim ,north west l s j at 5 30 am.ha!!ha!! back on the sleds around 9 am and went sleeping (pic 3 ) relais les loutres ,about 55 miles north of dolbeau.

i ll be very glad to do that again ,but with a better rider in deeeeeeeep snow !!!

if you pay the wine and beers , ha!!ha!!ha!! i could tell you stories about that adventure for the next 2 weeks !!ha!!ha!! :lol::lol:

p-1 charlevoix ,maybe on z e c des martres .just awesome there!!mostly riding to one lake to another !!just great !!on our way for manoir richelieu !!

p 2 laurentides reserve,looking for a trail...and i was nt stuck

p 3 relais les loutres ,55 miles north of dolbeau,l s j .i can t even tell if there was a groomed trail to go there !!

groomer !!!

2 weeks of beer and wine? Hmmm...how much beer and wine would you need per day? LOL!! Are the stories "Better with Beer" ? I think we should ride during the day, stop for wine...you can tell the stories, then do it all again! This sounds like a book! We could make a book of short stories, throw in the pictures and sell the books.

"Stories from the Gaspesie", "Groomers stories of the Gaspesie", "The Adventures of Jean-Guy the Groomer"...you know, something like that!

What do you think!?

Lindasledgirl

2 weeks of beer and wine? Hmmm...how much beer and wine would you need per day? LOL!! Are the stories "Better with Beer" ? I think we should ride during the day, stop for wine...you can tell the stories, then do it all again! This sounds like a book! We could make a book of short stories, throw in the pictures and sell the books.

"Stories from the Gaspesie", "Groomers stories of the Gaspesie", "The Adventures of Jean-Guy the Groomer"...you know, something like that!

What do you think!?

Lindasledgirl

better hire a writer ,i m not the greatest to write posts !! :lol: easier to talk with a few glasses of wine !!

the last title should be fine !!

p-1 arrived at that camp north -west of l etape around 2 am .around 9 pm the night before ,we were out of gas ,we had met guys from the canadian army doing ''camping ''on lake des ecorces '' north-west of the laurentides reserve.coming from l s j.it has been a very long day.we stopped at that camp,before there was so much snow ,both of my carbs were frozen.tried to fix it,no luck.my friend remembered there was a camp about4-5 miles from where we stopped.so ,just playing with the kill switch ,we made it to the camp.next morning ,one plane was looking for us.we were supposed to be at the phone boot ,up l etape at around 3 pm the day before.there s was ice up the half of the clutch.made it to manoir richelieu late that night.i even ate cold pork chops while talking with guys from the army .

p 2 deep snow,laurentides reserve.awesome hill to go down !!

p 3 peribonka river,north of l s j .we did 60 miles along the river and the last 10 on the river.huge river.

p 4 charlevoix,on our way to manoir richelieu.awesome off the trail riding !!

p 5 few miles south of quooquoochee.i went to turn around and at the last second ,i noticed that the snow did nt have the same texture(rotten ).. too late,sank in the slush !!

p 6 kinojevis river,south east of rouyn noranda .first morning ,i hit a rock or a crack in the ice.sled went hard left and i went straigth.fell on my 35 mm on the ice.i was caring more about my camera than sled.huge river too,we don t have river like that in my area .

another great day here,i ll take a ''spin '' with my 4w!!

jean-guy :drinks:

Hi linda ,

Hay have you ever snowmobile up in the BRUCE Peninsula ? it looks really nice just curious

Hi Crazysnow!

Yes, that is pretty close to me. I am just south about 3 hours from there. They sometimes get good snow, other times not so good. There are lots of good rides there. Are you thinking of making a trip this way? I have all the maps and lots of information if you want any.

Linda

Hi Linda ,

Juat a place i like to check out one day looks nice

I think I'm staying in Quebec this year since I'm buying the SEASON PASS Thanks. Hope to see you at the winter Gathering :drinks:

I only had one trip booked for this year and its the same weekend as the Gathering. So I am trying to talk my guys into either coming to Quebec, or doing the Cochrane trip another weekend. The problem is there are two babies due...and the first one is February. So it depends on when the snow gets here!

I have lots of options for Ontario...if you ever decide to make a trip.

Linda

hi linda and crazysnow !!

dont worry for the pics,i have enough memory card to take up to 1500/2000 pics i guess .let me know ,if it s not enough i can buy another card !! :)

back from my 4 w ride.another 60 miles today on the z e c.a bit in trouble just before darkness.i was stuck between 2 trees ,so i put rocks to help jumping both trees.just snapped the throttle !!

btw ,just over 9000 km.

groomer !!!

back from a 62 miles ride!!

saw one mom + calf ,than 6 deers.

first pic ,arriving from the truck logging road on the ste marguerite side.trail going to the lake is right behind me .

back in 1990 ,right on this date ,one of the nicest storm i ever seen of my life.3 days storm and 3 ' of snow.

today ,when i left ,it was 10c !!! :shok:

groomer !!!

hi linda and crazysnow !!

dont worry for the pics,i have enough memory card to take up to 1500/2000 pics i guess .let me know ,if it s not enough i can buy another card !! :)

back from my 4 w ride.another 60 miles today on the z e c.a bit in trouble just before darkness.i was stuck between 2 trees ,so i put rocks to help jumping both trees.just snapped the throttle !!

btw ,just over 9000 km.

groomer !!!

How did I miss these??? I love them all! I hope you have a good winch on that Quad if you need it! If we don't get snow soon, I will bring my quad and you can take me to find the moose!

back from a 62 miles ride!!

saw one mom + calf ,than 6 deers.

first pic ,arriving from the truck logging road on the ste marguerite side.trail going to the lake is right behind me .

back in 1990 ,right on this date ,one of the nicest storm i ever seen of my life.3 days storm and 3 ' of snow.

today ,when i left ,it was 10c !!! :shok:

groomer !!!

Three feet!! That is right up my aly! I would love to have 3 feet of snow!