Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

I was thinking the same thing, from where the bus is parked to the CB should be good. Lets hope you get some snow tomorrow to fill in the low spots and not the mild weather they are talking about.

We are going to head up either Wednesday after supper or leave early Thurday morning arriving at PALC at 8am. I am not sure who is coming or which way we will travel. You can't plan these things too early!! We will ride 3.5 days and put on about 1000 miles, that should be a good Season Opener!! We will pass through the clubhouse when starting or finishing our trek.

This will be a good test for my new clutch. I put a Power Block 80 on last week.

no problems ,i ll wait for you !!

i was thinking about that ,once at the stop sign for the truck logging road ,turn left ,you ll do 200 ' turn right and go down the road toward the mill.you ll catch the shortcut about 1.5 mile lower .you ll save a lot litlle tres if i can say that on the trail.it ll take a few runs to crush them.

jean-guy

follow the green ones.t l r was nt plowed.

where i wrote ''dirty here '' ,just next to t l r .

one minute and you ll be back on the shortcut !!you can t miss it .don t go too fast even if it s wide ,some nice corners !!

jean-guy

That is right, with the sawmill closed your end of the TLR will not be plowed this winter. A straight line to La Cache, what a great shortcut that would be. It would only take 1.5 hrs!! That is as long as they are not plowing for operations going into Novelle.

That is right, with the sawmill closed your end of the TLR will not be plowed this winter. A straight line to La Cache, what a great shortcut that would be. It would only take 1.5 hrs!! That is as long as they are not plowing for operations going into Novelle.

right !!!i was thinking about that last week!!! could be the greatest trail in the gaspesie !!

town to la cache ,75 miles ,in 45 mins !!!wooow !!!

there s a compagny working right now at the km 52 or on top of the hill of the 33.that pic of mont logan i posted earlier this week with the t l r ,they are right on the other side of the valley.took the pic from mile 30 ,they are at the 33 .

road for nouvelle ,must be plowed i guess for trucking!!

from cote du 33 ,up to the 41 ,then at the ''69'' turn right ,south for nouvelle .if you turn left ,up for la cache .we had seen the black bear at the 71km.

chemin du moulin /28 miles down to the 4 stops then for escuminac.from the 4 stops you can go for the road to nouvelle or go back to the duniere gate at the 24 miles.

jean-guy

right !!!i was thinking about that last week!!! could be the greatest trail in the gaspesie !!

town to la cache ,75 miles ,in 45 mins !!!wooow !!!

there s a compagny working right now at the km 52 or on top of the hill of the 33.that pic of mont logan i posted earlier this week with the t l r ,they are right on the other side of the valley.took the pic from mile 30 ,they are at the 33 .

jean-guy

75 Miles in 45 minutes!!! I don't want to be on the back of your sled after that glass of wine!! :rofl:

:drinks:

I was thinking the same thing, from where the bus is parked to the CB should be good. Lets hope you get some snow tomorrow to fill in the low spots and not the mild weather they are talking about.

We are going to head up either Wednesday after supper or leave early Thurday morning arriving at PALC at 8am. I am not sure who is coming or which way we will travel. You can't plan these things too early!! We will ride 3.5 days and put on about 1000 miles, that should be a good Season Opener!! We will pass through the clubhouse when starting or finishing our trek.

This will be a good test for my new clutch. I put a Power Block 80 on last week.

300 miles a day this week? What are you smoking? I'll set the over/under at 800, lol. Good luck my friend...

forgot ,friend from amqui went riding yesteday in les méchins -st jean de cherbourg area.he rode 150 miles,but i forgot to ask him if it was groomed or he went off the trail !!

pic:duniere reserve, years back,35 mm pic.right there ,saw 13 mooses in less than a minute !!ha!!ha!!

groomer !!!

Hey JG I sent this photo to John....told him the moose from 2 years ago got his buddies together and are waiting for him!

I dont think he will go :rofl:

Hey JG I sent this photo to John....told him the moose from 2 years ago got his buddies together and are waiting for him!

I dont think he will go :rofl:

hi mcstar !!

ha!!ha!! just too bad for him !!some people would pay to see a close moose !!

here some more mooses of that bunch of 13 .look closely on the right side ,just up the middle ,you can see a bit of the antlers of the ''big bull ''.

old 35 mm pic.

jean-guy :drinks:

just for fun !!

p 1 :2'' after i took that pic,the female on the right was mad ,so she stood up and started to fight with the other lady with her front legs!!

p 2 : i walked about 300' to get close to that bull.i was getting closer and closer ,so i realized that his right front leg was hurt.he was nt moving much.i was about 8-10 ' from him and ears began to go down ,so ,i went back to my truck before it s too late !!!ha!!ha!!

p 3 :probably the biggest bull i ever seen !!just too bad ,missed him by a minute.he was walking very slowly on the road.if you look on the map,post 1464 ,north of the map,right where its written chemin de la mine,duniere reserve.park matane is about 3 miles up from there.

p 4 :traffic jam on the duniere !!

groomer !!!

park matane.maybe 10-12 years ago.heard about that place from friends.so ,one night,i decided to go there with a friend of mine .

arrived at the place,walked a few minutes to go there.we did nt know what to expect.we could hear some strange noises coming near by a little lake.walked a few more hundred feet and found that bull stuck in a deep black mud hole.

tried to help that moose ,but no luck at all.i put my hands a few times on his antlers!!wooow !! he was close !!! :) :) :)

i learned a few days later that people got him out of that mud hole the next morning !!!

groomer !!!

forgot ,friend from amqui went riding yesteday in les méchins -st jean de cherbourg area.he rode 150 miles,but i forgot to ask him if it was groomed or he went off the trail !!

pic:duniere reserve, years back,35 mm pic.right there ,saw 13 mooses in less than a minute !!ha!!ha!!

groomer !!!

It's like a moose convention!! Thanks for sharing !

for that member who pm ed before diner !!

all pics at the same place.most of the time ,blowing snow ,not much traction unless it s very cold !!

i do 2 channels beside the trail to cut the wind and there s another one on top ,from the trail going to the left .help a lot !!awesome !!

save time and troubles !!

groomer !!!

hi steven

if you could post how things are in the gaspe

are you starting from pointe ala croix ?

from what im hearing the pb 80 is the way to go i just rebuilt my stock clutch for the last time next will be a pb 80

i just put on a 1.75 chalenger track i cant wait to try it out come on winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

hi steven

if you could post how things are in the gaspe

are you starting from pointe ala croix ?

from what im hearing the pb 80 is the way to go i just rebuilt my stock clutch for the last time next will be a pb 80

i just put on a 1.75 chalenger track i cant wait to try it out come on winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I will post for sure, you never know if the bearded fellow has been into the wine before he tell us trail conditions. LOL

It is next Thursday January 5th that we will strike out.

I am hoping the PB 80 will be the fix to my clutch issues, like you I have been hearing nothing but good reports back.

Edited by smclelan

ha !!ha!! hey !!a little bit of respect for gaspesian people !!ha!!ha!!ha!!ha!!ha!!! :p

well ,just talked with the president a few minutes ago ,i ll be at the st fidele cb tomorrow !!

yesterday ,rained til 8 pm .then around 9 pm ,started to freeze .about 2 -3'' of fresh snow during the night and wiiiiiiiiiiiiindy like hell all day !!

so, i might have a few pics tomorrow night !!!

Good News!! It is about time you went to work!

Make it nice and smooth, we will be expecting pictures to prove it.

:drinks:

ha!!ha!! like this !!!

......ya ,about time to work a bit.ha!!ha!!

went to plug the heater about an 1hr ago,still very windy,must nt be too nice in ste marguerite beach !!ha!!ha!!

rideable................ yes !!

tons of snow.............no!!

icy .....................not yet !!...but it ll become at some places !!

advantages ..............it has been cold all day,-15 c went i left .-17 c right now!!

packed snow .............from 1'' to 4-5'' ''...execept for the drifts....there s more !!!

wine ....................yes !!!but im too lazy to go to the s a q !!! ha!!ha!!

anyway,i don t need wine ,woke up at 2 45 am !!!ha!!ha!!