Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

well ,i think it s time to say thank you !!

it has been a great season for me !!the gathering ,meant a lot !!meetings friends from both side of the border and making new friends....even if im very shy !!

very sorry for the bad speech at the gathering on the saturday night!!ha!!ha!ha!i ll remember that one for a long time !!im laughing right now !!

thanks to all of those who took time to stop at the clubhouse or on tq 5 to say hello and talk to me for a few mins !!

big merci to those who bought their trail passes from my club and your support!!

i know that the president ,secretary ,cook and fleurette(waitress) would like to say a big thank you too!!

i do my best to reply to all those pm and posts ,even sometimes ,im almost sleeping at the keyboard!!

and for last,thank you for the great friendship ....keep qr the greatest !!!

.....and for those who ''squeezed me '' for good in andy's room at the vallon during the gathering on the saturday afternoon !

GREAT THANKS ALL FOR YOUR GENEROSITY !!!sledding is already an expensive sport ,thanks again !!

whithout forgetting those who signed the card and were nt present at the gathering ...merci !!

im just hoping i did nt forget something or someone !!sorry if i did !!too much to think !!

very hard to choose the right pics ,i have way too many !!

grooming wise ,my favorite one ,pic 7 .can see tons of things in that pic.climbing first hill west of the st fidele cb !!

merci !!

jean-guy :drinks:

Jean Guy I will echo the words of all the other QR folks and say a big Merci for all that you do for all of us who love to ride in Quebec. Our winter gathering this year was a great success and the gift we gave you was a small token of our appreciation for the tremendous amount of work you do for the sport. Have a great summer JG!

Andy

thanks phil!!

feel great this morning !!

speedy !!

right !!a bit too early !!first cloudy here since a long time !!

coldsmoke !!

ya,almost desolation !!.....its desolation !!

i should go at the clubhouse this morning for the last time thid season !!

Groomer, how many gallons (I mean Liters) of diesel fuel did you burn (for us) this season?

Thank you,

Moose

hi nh-moose !!

i can t tell exactly for now !!but roughly ...

started grooming dec 29th!!

12 weeks of grooming ( tq 5 ) 2x a week !!

average fuel per hrs 3 gallons,4 gallons ,when its rough and very hard packed and use too much the cutters!!

so, 3 gallons x 4.54 liters x 1 .38 $$ a liter ,roughly 225.00$$ to 250.00$$ per run only for tq 5 !!i ve seen more often 250.00$$

on one run ,i put up to 234 liters only for tq 5!!

when i started grooming back in 00, 140.00 to 160.00$$ of fuel....ha!!ha!!

my longest run this season ,almost 17 hrs ,i think i was grooming with the gilbert...like the fuel compared to the sutrac !!close to 2x....but way better in deep snow !!use more the bull too !!

...and i think another good run of 16 hrs !!

average,12-13-14 hrs !!lowest ,must be around 9-10hrs.

the worse day for me to groom ,saturday !!normal runs ,sunday and thursday !!

so , grooming on a saturday ,too close to the sunday's run and it s just ''kapuuuttt ''the schedule !!ha!!ha!!!not too funny !!don t forget the local trails with that !!

so , im squeeze to do ,2 close runs or too many days between 2 runs .weather ,trail conditions decide !!

hell !!i hate that ,specially when i know members are coming ,can be very stressing !!i ve been caught 2x this season ,too many days between 2 runs,be sure, it s extra hrs for that particular run!!

back in march i think ,trail conditions,weather ,''window '' between 2 runs etc ,all mixed together ,groomed tq 5 ,3x in 4 days !!!i was all smile !! :)

like i said to coldsmoke ,grooming is no vacations !!!lots of sacrifices !!

hope this will help you a bit !!

Jean Guy I will echo the words of all the other QR folks and say a big Merci for all that you do for all of us who love to ride in Quebec. Our winter gathering this year was a great success and the gift we gave you was a small token of our appreciation for the tremendous amount of work you do for the sport. Have a great summer JG!

Andy

hi andy !!

thanks !!

first of all!!ha!ha!! don t expect a great post like yours !!

big thank you for all the effort you put in the gathering to make it a success!!

coming from a small town and village like mine and albertville ,this meant a lot to us !!

we don t see that kind of stuff too often here !!no big skyscrappers yet in the area !!

be sure ,it has been very appreciated by the club direction and the community of albertville and including some businesses in my town !!

i ll remember that '' moment '' at the vallon for a long time !!almost ''sank '' in my chair !!big thanks to all again !!

reading all those comments during the week ,priceless!!

have a great and safe summer ....and watch beer and wine !!....don t follow my ''tracks '' ..ha!!ha!!

http://www.clubvttdelamatapedia.com/entree.htm

saw the green grass ,just forgot to tell linda ....too busy!! :)

coldsmoke !!

tons of miles !! click ....voir le montage ici !!!you ll see some places a few miles from my camp !!

no insults for you , i don t ride those trails.i bring my 4w at the camp in mid may ,maybe earlier this year and bring it back at home in november .....depending if there snow !!

i just ride on the z e c !!

jean-guy

WOW went back to my truck down tq 5 tuesday pm . still had pretty good snow. lot changed in just 4 days !! keep the pics comming guys , its a long summer . ed

hi eddie !!

crazy how fast it melted and without rain!!like i said, first cloudy day here maybe since last wednesday/thursday ,last week !!

saw on the news ...maybe 6'' of snow for the tip of the gaspesie tomorrow !! :p:p

have a great summer !!

nephew + friends yesterday ,just east of ste marguerite,about a quarter mile before going down the looooooooooong hill !!

there was a hot dogs party at the st fidele cb !!

they rode off the trail for a few miles to avoid that dirt.plowed for the windmills !!

jean-guy

Hi Jean-Guy

Sorry my visit brought the heat! And yes...I see the snow in the forecast! I have atv and sled loaded in my trailer, just need a few hours notice!

The atv trails site, no english! When do they open?

Linda

PS Sorry your nephew didn't have the conditions like we had!

Edited by lindasledgirl

is there any kind of atv trails or clubs in your area?

Hi Coldsmoke!

If you are making a plan to ride this area on atv's...I would love to go, keep me in mind if appropriate. In fact, would love to fish there too!

Take care,

Linda

hi andy !!

thanks !!

first of all!!ha!ha!! don t expect a great post like yours !!

big thank you for all the effort you put in the gathering to make it a success!!

coming from a small town and village like mine and albertville ,this meant a lot to us !!

we don t see that kind of stuff too often here !!no big skyscrappers yet in the area !!

be sure ,it has been very appreciated by the club direction and the community of albertville and including some businesses in my town !!

i ll remember that '' moment '' at the vallon for a long time !!almost ''sank '' in my chair !!big thanks to all again !!

reading all those comments during the week ,priceless!!

have a great and safe summer ....and watch beer and wine !!....don t follow my ''tracks '' ..ha!!ha!!

I can't beleive how quick it ended, missed it by a week. My buddy was pretty bummed he didn.t get to go. Thanks again jean Guy for all the work you do for us riders, it's greatly apreciated! Have a great summer! :drinks: In pic #3 what happenened looks like everybody smoked one of them funny cigarettes and couldn't figure out where they parked there sleds. too funny!

Hi Jean-Guy

Sorry my visit brought the heat! And yes...I see the snow in the forecast! I have atv and sled loaded in my trailer, just need a few hours notice!

The atv trails site, no english! When do they open?

Linda

PS Sorry your nephew didn't have the conditions like we had!

ha!!ha!!!

i just checked and it looks like theres no english !!

maybe earlier a bit this year because of the snow.normally they do a big clean-up of their trails somewhere around the 2 or 3 weeks of may .so i guess by first week of june ,they are ''officially '' open .

pic of my nephew ,about 3.5 miles before we met those guys from maine !!

pic:ste marguerite expresssss!! :lol:

jean-guy

I can't beleive how quick it ended, missed it by a week. My buddy was pretty bummed he didn.t get to go. Thanks again jean Guy for all the work you do for us riders, it's greatly apreciated! Have a great summer! :drinks: In pic #3 what happenened looks like everybody smoked one of them funny cigarettes and couldn't figure out where they parked there sleds. too funny!

hi jackstraw !!

ya, very hard to believe !!must be depressing when you expect to take one last ride at the end of the season !!

thanks for the comment and have a great summer too !!

...here at home ,we say ''racing grass ''!!! :)

well ,history is gone in town !!just next from i live !!

they are tearing down the dealership with an excavator where my dad started his business back in 1955 !!my brother ,the owner in amqui will build a house for salmon fishing !!

during the summer he probably spend more time here in town than amqui !!

and for the members concerned ,very sorry for my bad post ''in quebecois ''..... i won t elaborate on that !!you know who you are !!

sorry ,i just had to vent !!feel better now !!!ha!!ha!!ha!

well ,i wont be in albertville for a while !!

went for my ''paycheck '' this morning and took those 2 pics on the way back,where you cross the road just a few miles west from my town !!

saaaaaaaaad hey !!!!!

big thanks !!

just over 100,000+ visitors here !!

sorry for the summer pics !!

s a q , still open in town ,should i celebrate tonight???

Wonderful pictures Jean-Guy!! That must be a special lense to get such good night shots. Good work!

Linda

Wonderful pictures Jean-Guy!! That must be a special lense to get such good night shots. Good work!

Linda

good morning linda !!

thanks !!

right where weere parked at the lake on the saturday.just next to those cabins!!

no special lense ,buuuuuuuuuuttt a special night ,i still remember enough that there was beers and wine that night !!!

a bit more than average !!!haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! :p