Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi tom and jg !!!

hmmmmm...better skip the reply..my english is too poor !!! ahhaha!!!

back from grooming tq 5 at 1 am....started snowing on my way back in ste marguerite til i arrive in town..about 2 '' of fluffy snow...

warm ..about -5c when i left..did nt use much heat inside cab for the first time this season...

about 1 mile east of t l r ...hydro quebec are preparing a powerline...there was a forwarder and excavator at the stop sign of t l r....forwarder operator used trail for about 1 mile...what an ......second tome since friday ...

almost forgot...traffic jam on main street in town on my way back home!!!!

jean-guy

[

hmmmmmmmmmm...no thx !! i don t eat meat coming from woods!!!

last time....beaver...back in the mid 80's !!

jean-guy

I understand! I also prefer doing my "shopping" in the meat section at the market. I hope the "trail chicken" rests in peace.

playhard...don t worry , we don t have big city problems here in a small village...back in the 80's ,moose came next to the house of my dad...dog started to bark...moose jumped in the river !!

600iqho and dinobball ,according to some posts on the french forum ,conditions are good to excellent in the gaspesie.

started snowing about an hr ago....

pics...mechanic added extra grip on tracks last week....money very well spent !!!

jean-guy

excuse me crazysnow......i forgot to write MINI traffic jam !!!great weather here since the last 2 days to ride !!!great pics !!!

hi ns predator cat...great to hear from you !!! thx for watching ,always a pleasure to post some !!sadly ,did nt take much last run !!!

i should be up to lake -st alxandre and lac saumon tomorrow night...might ride friday afternoon if im not too late from my run on tq 5 thursday night !!!

jean-guy

Groomer,

Headed up your way the week of Feb 17th. In your area the 21st. Maybe we can hook up. Trails looking up? Keep me posted.

Groominfool

playhard...don t worry , we don t have big city problems here in a small village...back in the 80's ,moose came next to the house of my dad...dog started to bark...moose jumped in the river !!

600iqho and dinobball ,according to some posts on the french forum ,conditions are good to excellent in the gaspesie.

started snowing about an hr ago....

pics...mechanic added extra grip on tracks last week....money very well spent !!!

jean-guy

hi whaler ......no problem !!!

hi gf.....went grooming lake ...st alexandre and lac saumon last night ....trails are improving every runs...no problem at all !!!

it was -16c last night ...tons of moose tracks on my way up to lake !!

blue sky and a bit windy today....-17c !!!

i ll be on tq 5 + 1 local trail tonight !!!

jean-guy

Great pictures of the salmon ladder at the lake! One day I hope to see them using it! The salmon I mean. That would make my day!!

Glad you are out working on the trails!

Linda :clapping:

bonjour linda !!!

went grooming tq 5 + 1 local trail last night..back at 1 30 am...we can work late too in the gaspesie !!

without swelling my head up ,trails were still a 9.....low traffic or the operator make the difference !!!

hi ray !!!

right !!!...congrats !!! thx for sharing !!!

watch your mail box....mods or administrators of this site might send you a bottle of rouge for your effort !!! hahaha!!!

hi rmk !!!

wow ...sad !!!.....thx.....i do my best to take always a few...sometimes its just tough on the imagination...especially at night !!

ps : on pics ....right behind ''school bus ''...they are preparing the land to build a power line for windmills ...so, they are using tq 5 with forwarders and tree harvesters for about half a mile...for traveling ..

so, last tuesday ..i went to see of of the bosses and told him my way of thinking about that...i said they had no conscience to do stuff like that....

so, yesterday while grooming ,i met my foreman ....the one i have during summer...he works for them ..

he heard about that and told me that the '' boss '' i met said to him that the '' bearded man '' was nt too happy about that !!!

just glad i went !!!

sunny with a few clouds here !!!..-12c...

jean-guy

he heard about that and told me that the '' boss '' i met said to him that the '' bearded man '' was nt too happy about that !!!

:drinks: Give em hell JG...

Pictures great as usual.

hi gutz and phil !!!

just back from fueling machine ...cleaning drag ..etc...to be ready for sunday night !!!

gutz...your pic....exit for auberge about 400' behind and first gas station coming from cross point ..1 mile ahead...

phil...hahaha...yaaa...i like to bs time to time..just to put things back in place....according to my foreman ...looks like i scared the guy a bit !!! hahha..

can t find right words in english to translate...but friends used to tell me because i don t talk much......when i speak ,i can make a lot of noise!!!

i stayed polite as much as possible ,but used the right words to ''' punch '' him at the right time !!it was a lot easier to speak there than gathering ....haha...

i had the biggest side of the bat on my side !!!

if not too tired next morning friend offered me a sled to ride tomorrow..so, might go riding around lake and up...off the trail !!!

just different pics from grooming !!!

jean-guy :drinks:

Love the technical side of the new "Sports Car"...

Always good to keep them wondering, being scared of is a good thing.

Wish I were there to ride off trail in the AM---Enjoy...

attachicon.gifjgh12.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh13.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh14.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh15.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh16.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh17.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh18.jpg

hi gutz and phil !!!

just back from fueling machine ...cleaning drag ..etc...to be ready for sunday night !!!

gutz...your pic....exit for auberge about 400' behind and first gas station coming from cross point ..1 mile ahead...

phil...hahaha...yaaa...i like to bs time to time..just to put things back in place....according to my foreman ...looks like i scared the guy a bit !!! hahha..

can t find right words in english to translate...but friends used to tell me because i don t talk much......when i speak ,i can make a lot of noise!!!

i stayed polite as much as possible ,but used the right words to ''' punch '' him at the right time !!it was a lot easier to speak there than gathering ....haha...

if not too tired next morning friend offered me a sled to ride tomorrow..so, might go riding around lake and up...off the trail !!!

just different pics from grooming !!!

Enjoy your ride tomorrow JG, you need a break sometime

All that plastic on those wheels are just up my alley, can machine them in a jiffy

Cheers

JG

like that side of technology phil...

must keep an eye on those tires.....ice build up between tires and frame if i can say that..and if you don t clean side of tires..the ice rubbing against tires make them to blow !!!happened to me last week !!!

mechanic had told me..just forgot!!!

thats my natural smile linda !!!...hahha !!

thx for info jg...great to know!!! the only thing i don t like about sprockets...if trail is too hard...get tired to hear the toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc for hrs !!!

good part of fatigue....i go to bed and still can hear toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc !! hahaha!!

Maybe this is the ticket in English?...

"Still waters run deep" is a proverb of Latin origin now commonly taken to mean that a placid exterior hides a passionate nature. Formerly it also carried the warning that silent people can be dangerous, as in Caesar's summing up of Cassius in William Shakespeare's play Julius Caesar: "Yon Cassius hath a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous."

well,finally no riding !!

woke up on the wrong foot !!!

great thx for info playhard...while reading your post ,memory came back...the word i should have used instead of noise..should have been '' echoes '''

took those pics from the road for ste marguerite....just up the hills !!!

sunny day,windy and cold

jean-guy