Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

took the pics around noon at the first house west of the t l r .no damages in the fields .walked a bit on the trail and it s soft for sure.roughly half an inch of ice on top of the trail.

good news ,rain stopped before 10 am.still +2c and foggy .

heard on the radio ,road was closed for the first 120 miles to go up to chibougamau ,but can t remember if it was on the l s j side of abitibi one.

groomer !!!

took the pics around noon at the first house west of the t l r .no damages in the fields .walked a bit on the trail and it s soft for sure.roughly half an inch of ice on top of the trail.

good news ,rain stopped before 10 am.still +2c and foggy .

heard on the radio ,road was closed for the first 120 miles to go up to chibougamau ,but can t remember if it was on the l s j side of abitibi one.

groomer !!!

Thanks Groomer

It looks like you will be fine in your area as soon as it cools down and you get a bit of fresh snow for lubrication. Was the road closed because of ice/freezing rain?

Andy

we just need a few inches and it ll be ok.will be colder in the days to come.ya ,road was closed because of the freezing rain.

pic :same place ,3-4 days ago !! huge contrast !!!

early this morning mr mclelan !!! ha !! ha !!

groomer !!!

i had nothing to do , just resting from my last 2 runs in a row ,12 and 14 hrs.

plain-rev ,on the 5 th pic ,right in the middle of the pic ,this is where we met at 90 ' curve .you re looking toward east .

windy here !!

groomer !!!

just to let you know ,i just talked with a foreman of a forestry compagny here in town.he was on his way up to st paulin ,east of matane .

tq 5 will be plowed around st paulin toward les méchins for 5 miles .they have truck hauling (???) to do in that area .if i see him back i ll ask him for how many days .

trail 595 should nt be affected .snowing a bit here .

groomer !!!

There are some big piles we drove past a couple of miles east of the Saint Paulin club. It will be too bad if this is what they are going to get, it could ruin some very good trail. Hopefully they will leave room on one side or the other to get by and use a big fleet of trucks to finish quickly.

6-7 '' of fresh snow for us .still snowing a bit.we should have a few extra inches till tomorrow , with blowing snow this afternoon .

i m on my way to groom tq 5 + a local trail.

fyi ,i just talked with the ex operator and yesterday he talked with a guy from st alexis area ,trail 587 .their new groomer still broken and it looks like their old one is nt in good shape too.this mean their part of tq 5 and trail 587 should nt be groomed .

i ll check later at the st fidele c b ,just in case .

groomer !!

back from a 13.5 hrs run.lots of snow in ste marguerite ,10-12 ''.no traffic at all .only 5 sleds today ,all locals .no grooming yet on the cross point side.

4 more local trails to groom today .

groomer !!!

good news !!

just talked with the br operator in albertville and the club east of us ,from the st fidele cb toward cross point ,their groomer is fixed .

so their part of tq 5 + trail 587 has been groomed .

sunny here and great day for a ride .

groomer !!!

good news !!

just talked with the br operator in albertville and the club east of us ,from the st fidele cb toward cross point ,their groomer is fixed .

so their part of tq 5 + trail 587 has been groomed .

sunny here and great day for a ride .

groomer !!!

C'mon Groomer your messing up the trail with your footprints! LOL Nice job! :drinks:

hi jackstraw !!

ha !! ha !! well , i had nt too many options !!! usually i try to hide my footprints ,forgot that morning.like the ''light '' on that pic .early morning 2 years ago ,tq 5.

pics on this post ,same place by a few hundred feet difference .wind coming from north and south .second pic is from last march ,wind has been probably 70 % from the south last season.

spent the afternoon on the couch , ha !! ha !! trying to come back to'' normal '' after 30 hrs of grooming in 2 days.

groomer !!! :drinks:

hi jackstraw !!

ha !! ha !! well , i had nt too many options !!! usually i try to hide my footprints ,forgot that morning.like the ''light '' on that pic .early morning 2 years ago ,tq 5.

pics on this post ,same place by a few hundred feet difference .wind coming from north and south .second pic is from last march ,wind has been probably 70 % from the south last season.

spent the afternoon on the couch , ha !! ha !! trying to come back to'' normal '' after 30 hrs of grooming in 2 days.

Groomer you are amazing! We all appreciate all of your efforts in having the best trails in Quebec!!!!

Andy

thanks andy !!

i do it for you , hi mileage sledders !!

i made a little mistake , it s 29 hrs for the 2 days.thursday has been rough .it was white everywhere ,sky was grey and poor light,hard to find where is the edge of the trail ,specially when trees are far away from the trail.on my way back from the st fidele cb i realized that the trail was narrower at some places .i ll fix that on the next run.

i ll be back on tq 5 early monday morning.

pic ,about 2 miles east from the last field in ste marguerite.clearcut on the right ,just before going down that looooong hill .

thanks again !!

went to see deers at a friend ' s house earlier this morning .one was ''controlling '' traffic for breakfast .old tq 5 was about a quarter mile behind the trees .

just back from the clubhouse for breakfast .i ll be on tq 5 early tomorrow morning .

cold this morning .

groomer !!!

hi gt rider !!

wow !! very nice !! your pics are more crowded than mine .looks like there s no ''moderator '' in the bunch .

what happened on the 5 th pic??? everybody are looking to the right !! feeding the deers i guess !!

pic ,this morning ,- 24 c.

groomer !!!

great visit this morning ,met coldsmoke and his dad around 10 am , 1 mile before t l r .talked a few mins and they were on their way for trail 595 (new richmond )

just lucky we met ,i was on tq 5 since 7-8 mins since the tq 5 is outside town.

lucky to have a dad who can ride with you at this age !!! wow !! :good:

i don t think i m wrong ,trail was still very nice for a monday morning .arrived at the st fidele c b at 1 15 pm.saw 7 sleds in all day , going east .

lots of traffic in town this morning !! mostly deers ,saw roughly 20-25.

forgot coldsmoke ,you must have seen those fresh mooses tracks .there was at least two.my first fresh tracks since at least 2 weeks .

thanks for stopping agin and '' bonjour '' to your dad !!

great visit at the clubhouse this morning while taking my breakfast.waitress advised me that i had visit.so went to see and it was roadrunner !!

thanks again roadrunner for stopping by and say hello .very appreciated !!

90% chance of a storm tomorrow .6 to 8 '' of snow .

on the second pic ,you can see clearly where the new tq 5 is .can see the truck logging road very clearly and road 132 .old pic .

great visit at the clubhouse this morning while taking my breakfast.waitress advised me that i had visit.so went to see and it was roadrunner !!

thanks again roadrunner for stopping by and say hello .very appreciated !!

90% chance of a storm tomorrow .6 to 8 '' of snow .

on the second pic ,you can see clearly where the new tq 5 is .can see the truck logging road very clearly and road 132 .old pic .

Groomer, it was good to see you yesterday morning, We had a nice albeit "chilly" ride back to Maine yesterday, the -45 down temps were interesting to ride in and get the sleds going in the am. I noticed that the logging road in the picture that you posted above is not being plowed this year or was it just since the last storm?

Again , great to see you , good trails all thru the gaspe currently but Groomers are the best. Keep up the good work

RR

hi roadrunner !!

great to meet you !! short visit but very happy !!!

logging road is closed roughly since christmas .we let the stop sign on the trail because it was supposed to be plowed time to time .i know they had a few loads to do per weeks.

when you crossed road 132 ,the mill is about .5 miles on your left hand side.mill is closed since dec 19 th.

that part is closed ,but closer to town ,road is plowed for the first 28 miles toward la cache .

machine is running idle ,must go .should be at the st fidele c b around 9 30 am.

thanks for the great comments and hope to see you again !!

great visit this morning ,met coldsmoke and his dad around 10 am , 1 mile before t l r .talked a few mins and they were on their way for trail 595 (new richmond )

just lucky we met ,i was on tq 5 since 7-8 mins since the tq 5 is outside town.

lucky to have a dad who can ride with you at this age !!! wow !! :good:

hi there groomer glad we met up this year we just got back from ridding last night what a great time i hated comming home we road from maine up to rdl did the gaspe

took a truck over the river at pointe a la croix and spent a few days ridding in new brunswick

then back to maine where from van bruren road down to houlton then to jackmen

then spent a day or 2 ridding chaudiere appalache

then to bas st laurent where we crossed over in clair where my truck was in fort kent

ended up with 2156 miles on this ride

ps dad is beet big time lol not to bad for someone 80 years young the real hard core sledder if u ask me

i don t think i m wrong ,trail was still very nice for a monday morning .arrived at the st fidele c b at 1 15 pm.saw 7 sleds in all day , going east .

lots of traffic in town this morning !! mostly deers ,saw roughly 20-25.

forgot coldsmoke ,you must have seen those fresh mooses tracks .there was at least two.my first fresh tracks since at least 2 weeks .

thanks for stopping agin and '' bonjour '' to your dad !!

hi coldsmoke !!

just back from a 12 hrs run.great day again to groom and ride .last week has been a great one ,met 5 members :good: .

looks like im getting better with ''P R '' !!! ha !! ha !! ha !!

i ll be off tomorrow and back on a local trail friday .

bonjour to your dad again !!!