Up'n down la fleuve

Trailblazer

Hi JG and say hi to Terry for us.  Nice pics and that Canadian blue sky is gorgeous.  Probably the most photographed snowmobile bridge in the world.  If not it is the most talked about.  Keep that snow dust flying!

Jack & Sandi

Terry and I got in RDl late, was enjoying ourselves too much on all these beautiful trails today 550 klms. OMG the trail gods were laying it out for us around every corner. We had a terrific time this evening out to supper with Mikerider. Too tired to tired to post anymore tonight. Later...

JG

Heres one out of the gate this morning.

IMG_0110.thumb.JPG.9ec9c73d9648e90bb3e9cf6e22269bcc.JPG

Edited by Trailblazer

Tonight I can say Terry and JG earned the key to the city. If the mayor can be bribed by wine, they succeeded! I will let them tell you the name of the wine. Great night was had. Finally a hotel that can serve a five star dinner. Thank you hotel Levesque. 

mike

Before the Universal came on the scene, Hotel Levesque was the place to stay.  It had good rooms and spectacular food.  They smoked their own salmon years ago.  Ah memories of scrambled eggs and smoked salmon in the morning.  Yum!

Which trail will it be today - the tried and true trail 5, the rail bed of 35 or the rolling hills and maple sap farms of 55?

Be safe guys and stay ahead of the crowd.

Jack & Sandi

Well it's like this, where the hell is everybody, is this a Saturday in the Gaspe or whstbcuz it's sure looking like a ghost trail to us, not that we're complaining but was expect way more traffic

We burn up the 5/591 local to the 587 go south to 587/ local to Lac Humquoi and decide to to burn to Humquoi to check out the NB trail cuz its too early for lunch and just because we can why not let's ride. Okay trail is there like it's opposed to be but we like to ride especially today we are the first everywhere. Back to the club house for a soup and coffee with Groomer. Fuel up just before 177 klms. Very nice to see JG again and chat, Terry's first time meeting him. 

On the trail again cuz we'll we just liking it today. Over to Humquoi top off and down to Moose Valley coffee break warm up and back at it again up to Biencourt for fuel. 198 klms 29 litres I'll take that! Doing 70+ mph for the last 120 miles on hard packed yippy ka yeah trails. 

Lady at the gas station says fastest way to RDL from there 548/571/5 into RDL and she spoke in sternness and confidence fistey little she was  but sounded to me like she knew what she was talking about so off we went. Oh happy campers we are yes indeed. That 571 up the 5 was sweety, a little drifting in field crossings but heh it's not a ride unless there's a bump or two. 5 as always never disappoint and we ride into RDL at 7 pm with 550 k for the day. Just getting off the sled Mikerider is on the outside staircase  waiting for us so it seemed comes over and says you boys ready for supper. Reminded me of going to visit my father in law, always outside waiting for you arrive. Too funny.

Clean up and off to supper, we're a threesome on Valentines Saturday evening sharing some really Sexy Bomb wine, no kidding the dam stuff is called the Sexy Bomb Wine, darn good too, good enough for another. Then we won't talk about the rest.......

Was like this all day

IMG_0113.thumb.JPG.b554e96b6cb62e1911b989f2601287e4.JPGIMG_0114.thumb.JPG.b8f24035caeb285afb43a74200798e6b.JPG

The man of the hour, the guy that makes it all happen for you in the Gaspe, big thanks for taking time out of your day for the visit.

IMG_0126.JPG.c1e822e9a6269253ec018562d3330ca1.JPG

IMG_0127.JPG.18e07fdff866840ba680577aa2ca1030.JPG

Edited by Trailblazer

Thanks again Terry and JG for a great evening, really enjoyed it.

This morning made me glad I am doing day trips and not saddlebagging. It is brutally cold when Terry and JG left the hotel and are trying to get back to their vehicles before the impending storm.  Me, I got another cup of coffee and turned up the heat in the hotel room.  Safe travels guys. 

mike

7 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

Was like this all day

IMG_0113.thumb.JPG.b554e96b6cb62e1911b989f2601287e4.JPGIMG_0114.thumb.JPG.b8f24035caeb285afb43a74200798e6b.JPG

The man of the hour, the guy that makes it all happen for you in the Gaspe, big thanks for taking time out of your day for the visit.

IMG_0126.JPG.c1e822e9a6269253ec018562d3330ca1.JPG

IMG_0127.JPG.18e07fdff866840ba680577aa2ca1030.JPG

hi jg and terry !!!

bienvenue !!!

again , great to meet you both at the clubhouse !!!

i never expected to see that pic !!! hahha

jean-guy

DSC_0880.jpg

Hey Mike, yes we did, and you were spot on! We arrived at bernieres just a little after noon, needless to say, we were flying! Trails were nothing short of amazing the entire way. I'm sure JG will be posting the details of the trip soon. That railbed may be boring to some, but when you want to be somewhere quickly, that's the only way to fly! Speedo fluttered between 80 and 102 for 75 straight miles!

Originally I had the day pretty much planned out like day 3, ride every trail we can in the Caudieres on the way back to the truck but circumstances permitted did not give us that privilege. Weather was coming in and we had to make a decision to bee line it to the trucks, a wiseman told me once to know when to call it and walk away from the table with the profits and that's exactly what we're doing. Thanks David for that advice. 

Left the hotel at 8:10 am with a mission to get to the trucks by noon, big storm coming in and our tag along gave us a challenge too, to be at Bernieres by noon to meet him. Gsme on!!!

Said our good byes to Mikerider and confirmed the directions he gave me the night before because.......well that Sexy Bomb was a real Bomb!

Off we go buzz on down the local stuff out of RDL wicked fast thanks big time Mikey for that tip. Some drifting in field crossings but heh it's not a party until there's a couple bumps. Real fun riding along a highway passing the cars beside you, the rush takes away the the wicked cold. Local turns into the 559 which runs under the highway and on the other side what do we see....yes sir yi a groomer trail out of the garage going in our direction, again we are the first. Run the 559 to the 5 hang a right then hang a left on the 557 and quickly arrive at the 35 aka railbed, which I might add was just groomed and we are the first again, where is all the sleds? Is this the weekend? Check the time, we're into it by an hour, thank you Mikey.

Buzz down the railbed into Tourville to take da fuel keeping in mind the speed limit of course 😎135 klms.

Back on the railbed after fuelling, no break this morning we're on a challenge. Exit right on the 547 down to the 5 then on to the 75 into La Bernieres for 1pm. We would've gotten there a 1/2 hr earlier if it wasn't for a police/FCMQ trail block checking passes and paperwork 5 k out of the Bernieres, I gave them a little bit of work. My ride 2 weeks past up to St.Zenon to the Cabanon while having lunch at Real Masse  someone ripped off my trail pass, literally pealed it off and stole it. My bad for not replacing it but I had my papers with me, they gave me a hard time for not replacing it and told to buy another at Bernieres. Dam St.Zenon area!

Now here's something interesting, whili riding along the highway into Bernieres my sled is burping'n kicking like it's running out of gas and I keep saying come on girl we're almost there just a little bit more but she wasn't having it!!! 100' and literally 100' before the parking lot and I can see my truck she runs out and I find myself using the spare fuel for a 100'. Terry got a kick out of it and well you know what happens next, pic time. 185 klms on my tank and I'm out, guess I was giving it to her too much on the railbed.

Unfortunately due to the trail block we missed our new friend. 'Till next time mon ami.

4 days and 1600 klms, Terry's speedo shiowed 1 mile shy of a 1000 miles.

Now it's the black trail home that's more worrisome, word from home says we're in the thick of it, snowing and blowing like crazy. We reach the snow in Drummondville and by the time we're in St.Hycinthe it's full on crazy snow storm driving. In Quebec my GPS arrival time says 4:30 pm, I pull in the driveway at 6pm incident free. Thank god.

IMG_0132.thumb.JPG.44cc710cca80ca2c2862ee8c273b1ee8.JPG

IMG_0133.thumb.JPG.8418aa5ec44224129d6b38c328cf0cf0.JPG

Edited by Trailblazer