TAIGA ELECTRIC SNOWMOBILES

Snappy Hank

So basically on a good day ...under the right conditions...you might be able to make it from Cabannon to St Michelle...or half way back...I'm going to open a trail recovery and towing service and get paid to be on the trail..maybe the lynQ accessories will include a removable battery pack so you can carry a couple extra fuel cells

2 hours ago, quebec bob said:

So basically on a good day ...under the right conditions...you might be able to make it from Cabannon to St Michelle...or half way back...I'm going to open a trail recovery and towing service and get paid to be on the trail..maybe the lynQ accessories will include a removable battery pack so you can carry a couple extra fuel cells

Oh no the expedition won't go that far.  Lol.

How much $$$ were they given from the government as a start up company?

I remember several years ago my buddy let me ride his 600 ACE, I wasn't expecting much from it, but to my surprise it was a ton of fun. We were up in the mountains of northern Vermont and most of what I could hear was just track noise. Yes, it would top out around 65 and maybe 75 down hill, but it got there fast. I got off it and said, I bet an electric sled will feel like this when it gets here. Haven't ridden one yet and I know their range and weight (and price) probably wouldn't excite me too much, but I for one am a strong supporter.  After going through the last couples winters and having to drive hours to find decent snow, I'm up for anything anyone is doing to help cool things off.   

I guess they maybe have their place. Perhaps as rentals at a resort facility. Certainly, and obviously, not as backpacking on the Nineteen Thousand miles of groomed trails in La Belle Province.

There will be a day that they will make sense, however technology has to improve....and it will.

Remember when the first battery hand drills came out, look at them now.  Who amongst us doesn't have a few Dewalt or Milwaukee tools?  

Yep.  We use nothing but cordless on our commercial construction sites.  Battery technology needs to improve again for transportation to be feasable.  So does the charging network.  That will be the biggest hurdle in remote areas.

On 4/12/2024 at 6:22 PM, Signfan said:

Yep.  We use nothing but cordless on our commercial construction sites.  Battery technology needs to improve again for transportation to be feasable.  So does the charging network.  That will be the biggest hurdle in remote areas.

It's not a hurdle, just use a gas or diesel generator 🤣