Trois-Rivières/LaTuque photo-video ride report 29january2022

towing

Here the trail path of my last ride 29January22 going to LaTuque from Trois-Rivières round trip

carte(12).jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

My friend Snowcruiser had invited me to join his group that were going to LaTuque for the lunch round trip. I bring another partner with me to start the ride from Trois-Rivières airport parking when Snowcruiser was starting from his home with his crew. We planned to team up at Lac a la Tortue.

It was the first time that I was starting from Three Rivers airport. The parking is very wide with easy acces by the road by car and to the trail by sled. Our old sony have not appreciate the -21C at start of the ride and misfired a bit like on this pic of the airport.

DSC04271.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

Freshly groomed trail to start around 8:20

1(1).jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=boun

We quickly arrive at St-Etienne des Gres

2(1).jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=boun

The St-Maurice river crossing at la Gabelle was ok and gave us a quick drive on the other shore of the river

DSC04288.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

East side also freshly groomed

DSC04294.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

And we quickly were at our meeting spot at Lac a la Tortue Ultramar's and Snowcruiser team arrived with a near perfect timing 2 minutes later than us!

DSC04297.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

The completed team then went for the 20miles run on the St-Maurice river. The river ice is frozen nicely flat but there are very hard snow drifts and bumbs that make the ride pretty rough on the first 2/3 of the river path. My partners riding solo were able to push and fly over but I had to slow down to keep Kristine with me on the sled.

DSC04310.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

Back on the shore the #360 was perfect

DSC04317.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

DSC04319.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

The first #355 Gazoduc section was lightly bumpy but the snow is good and the riding was fine. Past the #351 junction going north conditions came back perfect

Here the tall ferry bridge of rivière du Milieu

DSC04331.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

I put together a video showing the ride from Grand-Mere to LaTuque

Put the sound on and enjoy the virtual ride

(You can click the 4arrows icon on the reader to pass in full screen mode)

Here along the LaTuque airport at 30km/h

DSC04361.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

And the legendary LaTuque snowmobile traffic light

DSC04363.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

I won't detailed our lunch time but just tell that we found our way to not being cold on this last restricted weekend for the restaurants. From today 31january22 the dining rooms can finally re-open! It will really improve the trips and ride time.

We then returned under a gray sky on the same path up to the #351 that we took through the Tawachiche Zec. It's a more narrow and twisty trail but it was in perfect conditions with a nice snowy scenery

DSC04386.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

DSC04388.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

The sun found is way under the clouds at the end of the day

DSC04399.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

DSC04404.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

And leave us an outstanding sky after leaving the horizon with this colorful view

DSC04415.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

DSC04420.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

We took a last break at relais de la Station in St-Severin

DSC04431.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

And we then quit the Snowcruiser team to returned at our morning drop spot with our partner. I was expecting to "pay" a bit our nice day when coming back on the #3 trail that got the day traffic in but it was not bad at all and we were even more lucky to cross the groomer few minutes after having leave our buddies

DSC04433.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

Even more lucky on the west side of the St-Maurice river to also left the first track on freshly groomed snow on most of our return path  

DSC04435.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

We got back at the trailer around 6:45 PM with 234 miles on the dream meter, a bit tired but very happy with our day ride. A special thanks to Snowcruiser for the invitation and to all those ride buddies that share this day with us.

We are in full winter conditions and with the reopening of the restaurants dining rooms it is really the perfect timing to get the best of Quebec trails riding.

Alain

Edited by towing

On 1/31/2022 at 8:46 PM, iceman said:

Nice ride Alain

you passed right through my neighborhood, just after crossing La Gabelle. The airport in Trois Riveres is a great starting point. 

Thanks Iceman! I was pleasantly surprised how nice the trails were in your playground even on the end of the day 👍Yep +1 for the airport drop spot !

On 2/1/2022 at 12:28 AM, PLAYHARD said:

Thanks for sharing!

Glad you had a good ride!

And BEAUTEOUSNESS in that sunset!

You are welcome Playhard, I'm happy for you that you've been able to get on Quebec snow on those last days 👍. Kristine and I are sunset lover, when we were in California this last November we took sunset pictures over the mountains near each days 3 weeks in a row!

On 2/1/2022 at 11:51 AM, smclelan said:

Some beautiful pictures. 

Thanks smclelan

On 2/1/2022 at 2:29 PM, Florida Snowman said:

Great ride Alain!  Thanks for sharing!

You are welcome Florida Snowman

On 2/1/2022 at 5:39 PM, mikerider said:

Just awesome Alain and Kristine.  In the video I really liked the picture of the shadow of the two of you as you rode down the trail.  Really cool.

mike

Thanks Mike! the shadow is nice except for my Teletubbies look with the camera 😜

On 2/1/2022 at 5:45 PM, quebec bob said:

Really great stuff here...about as good as it gets from a key board position!!

Thanks quebec bob! There are so many great ride reports on here, each different and it is perfect like that. I think the spot were I stand out in the last years is on the video side. I had think with the new camera technologies that more people would have begun to do and post stuff similar as what I do and no, I'm pretty alone. Even the snowmobile sled web magazines didn't really enter this game

On 2/1/2022 at 6:07 PM, snowmaster2112 said:

Alain, The Performance NC place in St-Etienne des Gres looks deserted. Probably sold out of everything they had. LOL

Haha! I was a bit early but you are dead right they sold pretty much all they had. It's weird to enter at dealers location and see their almost empty showrooms! Like the cars dealers wide new cars parkings.. empty

Glad to see the group of solo riders enjoyed having you & Kristine (2 up) with them.                                                                                                                                                           Thank you 

9 hours ago, towing said:

👍. Kristine and I are sunset lover,

Understood. 

Mrs. Playhard's short-iist for an apartment in her winter-happy-place included a clear westerly view of the horizon. 

I did not disagree...